Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He deserves the previously iconic 7 shirt.

If we are treating it as special shirt which in these days seems a questionable gesture/thing to do then he is the only player worthy right now. Rashford maybe in time but right now no one else is even close.
His favourite number is 8 so will take that from Mata eventually you'd expect.

Shark

@NotShark
What a gem of a player and you can see why he commands the respect of the squad, he may come across as harsh at times but a very likeable guy underneath it all. Similar to Keano.

NYAS

Got no idea. I think Niall scrapes the data from a website and different sites have different definitions for assists.
Yeah but this one is a bit weird because it was a simple pass to Mason. Maybe the website the stats come from don’t include the League Cup.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes he did, seriously, he had a lot of poor, misplaced passes in the final 3rd and almost played them in with one mishhit pass.
He does that every game. And we forgive him because in amongst those poor passes are some absolute gems.

And the other reason Pogba gets more shit than he does is because when Bruno does give the ball away it’s usually when he’s speeding the game up. Slowing the game down, then losing possession, is Pogba’s specialty. And is far more problematic.

Sylar

Top mentality. Scored that penalty after missing previously (and moments before). I reckon even if he had missed the second, he would still be first in line to take the next one.

Not only that, and not only his offensive output (great first time balls through) but its his workrate. A few times when it looked like there would be a counter for PSG, he was coming back helping to tidy up, and put himself in position to claim the ball.

Captains performance but whether he has the band or not, it doesnt change.

Raven

Thought he was good but some of his long range shooting decisions were poor. Could have played Martial and Rashford in a few times and blazed it over the cross bar instead. I get that he loves a pop from distance but they were extremely obvious passes.

jackal&hyde

Last season (for both Sporting and United) he had 50 games with 27 goals and 22 assists. This season already with 6 games and 4 goals and 3 assists. This guy is just incredible. A top level character and a leader too. Must be worth 150 mil now.

Devil may care

Him and Mata didn't link up much today and he didn’t have Martial's hold-up to play off, moving him to the RW didn't work.

Lewnited

Yeah he seemed visibly fed up today. Saw him, Fred and Rashford all screaming for play to be sped up on separate occasions, a lot of frustration throughout the side

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
During the chance he set up a free James to make a run on the LW - he clearly thought twice about making the pass.

I think that He doesnt think he is good enough.

Walters_19_MuFc

Don't want to see him out wide again.
Not sure being out wide was the problem. I mean, he hardly hugged the touchline anyway. He and Mata (plus Pogba when he came on) had a free role in the final third, with James keeping the width.

Going forward, I think it's something we could see quite a bit, especially with Ole needing to find room for VdB or Pogba.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I actually thought he was very good today, good passing, helped to keep possession, won some second balls. Don't remember him losing possession.

The team was in energy saving mode, what made it difficult for him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I actually thought he was very good today, good passing, helped to keep possession, won some second balls. Don't remember him losing possession.

The team was in energy saving mode, what made it difficult for him.
I agree, no he wasn’t firing off shots all over the place, but this was the tidiest he has played in some time while also being very progressive with his passing. It’s the type of performance that has to become more regular if he is truly going to stay in the side as we continue to improve. Being a gunslinger is fine when your team is looking only to you for any sort of creativity. It’s a whole other issue when you are one of many players in the side that can create.
Very mature from him today, and seemed to work hard defensively as well.

Bottom line we drew because we started Mata and James and as a result weren’t threatening enough until the last 20 min when Lampard was content to set up shop anyways and play for the point.

Art

Art the artist
Yeah he can be demanding all he wants but feck me was he wasteful in the final third. There comes a time in the 70+ minute mark where Bruno just takes it upon himself to try a Hollywood ball at every chance he gets and we lose the ball as a result of that. I wish he'd realize he doesn't need to be the person playing the final ball all the time and that he too can contribute in small passages of play. He clearly isn't able to sustain his great quality throughout the course of a game. I thought this is why we bought VDB in the first place. To replace him at the 70min mark. Bruno looks gassed and we run him down every game. Very frustrating to see.

Web of Bissaka

I hate his performance this time... that is so terrible. Waster and really lazy this time. Not seeing that "believe" he usually exhibit when he normally play, it's like he gave up trying to win from the very start in the first half. I do get having James as an option and defensive FBs as targets are annoying and limiting if you really want to break good organised low blocks defense. Really need good supports from the man making the key decisions of who to play.

That said, the good thing is he barely do any dropping back to help defense this time, with Fred and McT taking care of all those things. So he can focus more on attacking and creating which he did plenty... but alas.

Unfortunately frustrating this time - more misses than hits. Disappointing.

Web of Bissaka

Curious, do you guys think he's world class?

:nervous:Honestly I don't, not just from this season but also last season. Penalty is the only time where he's usually world class but I'm seeing his penalties this season to have messy rhythm - possible indication he's frustrated with how his teammates are and his confidence in us winning trophies. He does have top class mentality and driven to win though which many top world class players have... but ability wise and consistency, it's really not world class. His playmaking, set-piece and shooting are his other best traits, but even those are seemingly getting worse and even at his best, it pales in comparison to other players who can do it far better.

I think his ceiling is just top elite level, and that is okay.

The United

Shifting him to the right when we wanted a goal was a bit weird. That 10 mins or so was wasted in my opinion.

He was not great but it is against better team and James being there probably did not help him much.

The United

:nervous:Honestly I don't, not just from this season but also last season. Penalty is the only time where he's usually world class but I'm seeing his penalties this season to have messy rhythm - possible indication he's frustrated with how his teammates are and his confidence in us winning trophies. He does have top class mentality and driven to win though which many top world class players have... but ability wise and consistency, it's really not world class. I think his ceiling is just top elite level, and that is okay.
Talking about people making things up.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

:nervous:Honestly I don't, not just from this season but also last season. Penalty is the only time where he's usually world class but I'm seeing his penalties this season to have messy rhythm - possible indication he's frustrated with how his teammates are and his confidence in us winning trophies. He does have top class mentality and driven to win though which many top world class players have... but ability wise and consistency, it's really not world class. His playmaking, set-piece and shooting are his other best traits, but even those are seemingly getting worse and even at his best, it pales in comparison to other players who can do it far better.

He's not world class... yet.

For an attacking midfielder a lot depends on who he plays with. If he played in well coached team with a lot of quality attackers, he would be excellent I'm sure. But in current setup, with James, Mata, out of form Martial and inconsistent Rashford, it's as good as it gets imo.

I want to see him in a team which is set up to score goals. Today we were afraid to lose, so not really a good platform for attacking midfielder to perform.

Like I said earlier, put KDB in his place and we still draw this game.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I like this...

"
The Portugal international moved to deny reports of a rift within the United camp following his country's 3-0 win over Sweden Wednesday.

He said: “There’s been a lot of speculation about that.

“First it was a discussion with team-mates, as it did not stick, it was a discussion with only one team-mate [Victor Lindelof], as it did not stick now, it is the discussion with Solskjaer.

“I believe it is a way to destabilise the group. What was said is in no way true.

“I was replaced at half-time, it is true, by technical option. The coach told me that the game was almost over and that we would have a lot of games ahead of us.

"Got it. I was not satisfied but said nothing that could harm the group.

“Do not use my name, my colleagues or the coach to make trouble at Manchester United.

“The atmosphere is good and the team is ready to give an answer in the next game.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12953587/man-utd-bruno-fernandes-boots-rant/

Tel074

He deserves the previously iconic 7 shirt.

If we are treating it as special shirt which in these days seems a questionable gesture/thing to do then he is the only player worthy right now. Rashford maybe in time but right now no one else is even close.
Yeah I agree . That's something I've been thinking for quite a while. In the shit we have seen over the past years wearing that shirt he is now someone who would do the shirt justice.
But all we can do now is see how Cavani does in it

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't think he is and probably never will be recognised as world class ... and that's ok, his team contribution is top drawer, his stats speak for themselves and his character is incredible. I'm so glad he wears our shirt during this period, genuine star.

Tel074

That's a mad post to say the least . So you think Bruno's thoughts on United not challenging for trophies is impacting his penalties? It's crazy posts like this that make this place a laughing stock at times .
You have no idea on Bruno's mind set and definitely no idea he's frustrated about our chances of winning trophies .
Bruno has plenty to offer other than pens as anyone can see .

Status
Not open for further replies.