Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Promising signs, but let's hope we can up the win rate with him in the side. Three wins and three draws so far.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Love him. Was brilliant again for 60 mins.

Only things I didn’t like was taking too many stupid shots and moaning at team mates - I may be making something out of nothing but it did look like he was pointing and moaning once or twice towards team mates.

Lynty

Only things I didn’t like was taking too many stupid shots and moaning at team mates - I may be making something out of nothing but it did look like he was pointing and moaning once or twice towards team mates.
Highly competitive players do this all the time. The boys are used to it.

He was moaning at Greenwood for passing to Martial instead of him, when that pass would have been nigh on impossible. You just have to laugh at the passion. Ronaldo and Zlatan are literally the worst people in the world for it.

I don't mind the shooting. We needed far more risky shots.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

I liked that. Finally someone with passion. He plays the balls into the channel, but our strikers start running way too late. About time someone pushes them

thepolice123

He moans at everyone including himself.

TheReligion

Abusive
Anyone else think his strike against Everton was decent? The media made out it was a howler from Pickford but the way he hit it and the bounce made it difficult I thought.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Anyone else think his strike against Everton was decent? The media made out it was a howler from Pickford but the way he hit it and the bounce made it difficult I thought.
Obviously it was decent it was a great strike. Goalie should have saved it but you're right the bounce in the 6 yard box was deliberate and causes problems to goalkeepers.

Ludens the Red

I think it’s great, we have far too many passive players. Who would applaud or just walk away if they didn’t get the ball or if it was passed and didn’t reach them. All the great players are whiney, moany bastards.

SATA

That piece of skill he did in the corner when Shaw played him back in after a short corner routine was brilliant. Sold two Everton defenders with it but a pity his second touch was a tad too heavy and he had to rush to take the shot, otherwise he would have had a proper and better shot at goal

Ballache

Supports
Martial

He was moaning at Greenwood for passing to Martial instead of him, when that pass would have been nigh on impossible. You just have to laugh at the passion. Ronaldo and Zlatan are literally the worst people in the world for it.

Great, our players are too passive at times. The guy is here to win, we need more people like him.

He needs to accept that he can't play at that tempo all the time though but I'm sure that will come when he's more used to the PL. Loving him so far.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Indeed and it was more than decent. He performed his shot without even touching or controlling the ball which simply made element of surprise bigger, plus It wasn't just a simple power shot, he curled it before it bounced off the ground, add power to that and it's nightmare for pretty much every keeper.

They basically blame Pickford and ignoring the fact that Fernandes can score from almost everywhere, both with power and technique.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I liked that. Finally someone with passion. He plays the balls into the channel, but our strikers start running way too late. About time someone pushes them
One in the 2nd half with Martial in particular, he doesn't mess around he gets it and sent it down the line ASAP. Martial was on his heels, if he started running straight away he would have been through on goal. He caught Sidibe up but was a few yards behind by not reacting.

Yes it was a great shot that curled out towards the post and in, no goalkeeper has the right to save that. The power beat him and he hit it early which caught him out.

I couldn't believe they were blaming Pickford tbh, not every shot is saveable but it seemed Keane was just in the mood to rant about everything.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's amazing but my word he just shows how shite the rest of the squad is. This guy is new to the country, league and team and is already comfortably our best player after just a few games.

Utdstar01

Was that the one where Greenwood would've just been better to shoot himself but he passed it safe to Martial's left foot?

Utdstar01

One in the 2nd half with Martial in particular, he doesn't mess around he gets it and sent it down the line ASAP. Martial was on his heels, if he started running straight away he would have been through on goal. He caught Sidibe up but was a few yards behind by not reacting.

Yes it was a great shot that curled out towards the post and in, no goalkeeper has the right to save that. The power beat him and he hit it early which caught him out.

I couldn't believe they were blaming Pickford tbh, not every shot is saveable but it seemed Keane was just in the mood to rant about everything.
I think a very top goalkeeper saves it. It's not an easy save to make but one you'd expect a top keeper to make as it wasn't right in the corner.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It swerved at good speed, and bounced off the ground. Anyone that ever play as Gk could see it as difficult shot to save.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Him and Pogba together would be absolutely ridiculous

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
His touch was largely way off against Everton but he was still easily our biggest threat. And yeah that little feint he did that sold the Everton defender the dream was awesome :lol:

Icemav

Brilliant goal. However I actually don't think he played brilliantly. Its a good sign though because he has demonstrated quality and we can expect a very high level.

sillwuka

I think it’s great, we have far too many passive players. Who would applaud or just walk away if they didn’t get the ball or if it was passed and didn’t reach them. All the great players are whiney, moany bastards.
That's a great point. He does to appear to be angry at himself when he plays a ball too long or a player skips past him.

Elite mentality.

Big Andy

Bloke
Annoys me when someone tries a cross field pass, it sails over the recipients head and out of play and they do that overhead clap thing.

Zen86

The guys just a natural leader, the kind of player we’ve desperately needed for a long time. He’s definitely got a bit of that Eric feel to him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I think we need that....we have had far too many meek players, we lost a lot of winners since SAF retired.

Web of Bissaka

His most impressive trait is his desire. On the ball his first thought is always to look forward and make something happen, and off the ball he is always looking for space and asking for the pass. I just hope we don't drill it out of him, he wouldn't be the first player who has looked unstoppable in their first few games only to retreat into their shell.
Agree. I'm not worried though, i'm confident he'll stay as himself - high standard, demanding and all. Reminds me a bit with Zlatan, they have that natural "right" mentality from the get go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The moaning is fine. You want players who talk to each other and arent afraid to tell them what to do. And the shooting is fine too. The only players in our squad who aren't afraid of shooting from range are Pogba, Rashford and Bruno now. Greenwood is good at getting shots off, but hes more for around the box (similar to Martial only that Martial only shoots when he can curl it). The rest just don't shoot.

meamth

The moaning is fine. You want players who talk to each other and arent afraid to tell them what to do. And the shooting is fine too. The only players in our squad who aren't afraid of shooting from range are Pogba, Rashford and Bruno now. Greenwood is good at getting shots off, but hes more for around the box (similar to Martial only that Martial only shoots when he can curl it). The rest just don't shoot.
Yeah, during our most successful times, we have many players like this.

Ferdinand, constantly shouting.
Keane, deathly stare and moaning.
Scholes, annoyingly asking for the ball all the time.
Ronaldo, you know him.
Rooney, shouts at you.
Schmeichel, you don't want to feck up when he is playing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yeah he should have passed it on some of those occasions. Moaning a bit is fine as long as the team spirit is maintained.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The media is biased. Granted is not a stunning screamer it was an outside shot that gave the ball a treachery spin, and as it hits the ground exactly in front of Pickford hand, it makes it a very difficult shot to save.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah it was very good striker, his technique is so good. Ball dipped just before Pickford got there and also he was beaten by speed of the ball too.

He could have saved it but not a blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.