Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This guy lifts us so much. When people say "but such a player scored/got an assist" despite them otherwise not affecting the game, well Bruno shows what a player who lifts us constantly looks like and how much better it is.

He did look tired later on after all that pressing, and you've got to accept that a player like that will be wasteful at times.

Bobski

He just keeps going, has that winning attitude, not about a a few nice moments then switch off and stop working as a reward for the next 20. He makes mistakes, gives the ball away, but the attitude is always there and he keeps working. Reminds me of Giggs a little bit in how he is not deterred by giving the ball away, keeps trying the creative pass.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A Sporting gift!

He's lifted the whole team, and I am sure the fanbase. What a midfield we would have with a fully fit and committed Pogba.

Jam

This lad isn’t about a couple of nice flicks or passes throughout the game; 90 minutes he goes and goes and is always pressing, making himself an option, looking around him. What a signing. Rare breed of talent and effort mixed together.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Love watching the guy. He just exhumes confidence and a bit of arrogance is a good thing if you can back it up like Bruno has done so far.

You have a little gem with him and I think you guys are heading in the right direction. Sneak a champions league place and attract a couple of other top quality guys you could be in for a good ride with the average age of the squad.

izec

I remember some saying that he wont score that many here because keepers in Portugal are shit. There was a video about his goals and i immediately replied that a lot of GKs in England would have trouble with some of the shots as well where keepers made mistakes, because of his technique and him hitting the target.

Keepers make mistakes everywhere, and if you hit the target with a good technique, you have a chance of scoring. fecks up happen often, in the PL as well. He takes a lot of shots, but he also usually hits them well if not forced too much (like today in the second half).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A Sporting gift!

He's lifted the whole team, and I am sure the fanbase. What a midfield we would have with a fully fit and committed Pogba.
A fully committed Pogba would be a sight to behold in our midfield.

Chicharito_

He reminds me of what suarez was for Liverpool, anyone else?
Same. His desire and mentality is amazing, you can tell he cannot stand anything but winning, it shines through so much that it makes some of our other players look meek.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent first half
Second half played far to selfishly for my liking
Yeah I agree. Thought he stood out in the final third as someone with that extra quality but also was far too selfish which is something i dislike. Two things he should cut out - always going for the Hollywood pass/trick, and being too selfish. But he's had an excellent start to his United career.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great goal. That's it. Happy with him so far. McTominay and Matic were supposed to provide the steel in midfield and they failed. If we didn't lose the midfield battle in the second half he probably would have had another assist or goal. Should deliver better corners though.

Ekeke

Was our main ball winner with his 5 tackles which is a very honest contribution

He was a bit too wasteful trying hollywood balls going forward, he also put in 11 crosses and only 1 reached a teammate but he got his goal which was a big contribution. Basically Sanchez with more end product, giving the ball away trying to make things happen but making sure he's come up with something in pretty much each game hes played for us.

Jibbs

The only bright spot for Ole is his signings have been spot on, yes we can whine about the amount we paid for Maguire but given the circumstances it was the right decision. On Bruno, it was obvious he has all the credentials to be a top midfielder of EPL. Some players just have it in them. Same is the case with Neves, we will be foolish to not go for him, unless we are priced out of the deal. We are three Bruno level signings away from challenging for the league.

Sancho
Grealish
Neves

Here I will make a controversial statement, I'd sell Martial and buy Werner.

For me outs will be

Pogba
De Gea
Martial
Pereira

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He reminds me of what suarez was for Liverpool, anyone else?
Yeah him and Sanchez at Arsenal but with better work rate. He was everywhere and always tried to create chances.

Very noticeable attribute that many of our players lack is, he just moves as soon as he passes the ball. If the defender somehow intercepts the pass he is already half way there to press and win the ball.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Class again, few players have came into the PL so effortlessly @SportingCP96 I expect your abuse by May. :lol:
I told you guys! Haha

Who was the guy in the old Bruno forum saying Gylfi Sigurdssan (butchered that last name) was better then Bruno or that he was Brunos ceiling. Bruno is different class and you just see it when he gets the ball!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I told you guys! Haha

Who was the guy in the old Bruno forum saying Gylfi Sigurdssan (butchered that last name) was better then Bruno or that he was Brunos ceiling. Bruno is different class and you just see it when he gets the ball!
I remember your meltdown when there was rumor from all reliable reporters that City are close to signing him around may last year :D

You got it spot on too btw, had City signed him it would have been unreal watching him and KdB playing together.

croadyman

I wonder if Bruno maybe takes on the shot because he thinks who else is gonna do it, my gut feeling is he will do that less when either Pogba comes back or we sign another creative player.

His most impressive trait is his desire. On the ball his first thought is always to look forward and make something happen, and off the ball he is always looking for space and asking for the pass. I just hope we don't drill it out of him, he wouldn't be the first player who has looked unstoppable in their first few games only to retreat into their shell.

romufc

I love the fact that he knows exactly where everyone is on the pitch at all times. When he receives the ball he plays a one touch pass around the corner where alot of players would take a touch. Even after the pass he moves into space to collect again.

The one where he dummied the ball and Greenwood was through shows how good his understanding is. Alot of players would have taken a touch and gone backwards.

Utdstar01

Great goal. That's it. Happy with him so far. McTominay and Matic were supposed to provide the steel in midfield and they failed. If we didn't lose the midfield battle in the second half he probably would have had another assist or goal. Should deliver better corners though.
Think they provided that first half but 2nd half less so, then we completely collapsed when Ole was silly and replaced Mctominay.

Bestofthebest

Bruno is showing why he scored so many goals in Portugal because he is always willing to take a chance. He also gets a lot of his shots on target, not high, wide and handsome. He never appears flustered and is confident in his abilities and although he makes mistakes he always tries to make good immediately. This guy is the real deal and I hope we don’t ruin him by surrounding him with no- hopers.

Utdstar01

I love the fact that he knows exactly where everyone is on the pitch at all times. When he receives the ball he plays a one touch pass around the corner where alot of players would take a touch. Even after the pass he moves into space to collect again.

The one where he dummied the ball and Greenwood was through shows how good his understanding is. Alot of players would have taken a touch and gone backwards.
Yeah was a shame Greenwood didn't anticipate that dummy as he would've been clean through on goal if he'd taken it in his stride. Suppose he's not used to that kind of effective interplay.

romufc

Yeah was a shame Greenwood didn't anticipate that dummy as he would've been clean through on goal if he'd taken it in his stride. Suppose he's not used to that kind of effective interplay.
I don't think anyone is, a few times in the few games where he receives the ball and passes forward and the forwards are sleeping, always a few seconds behind play. Our forwards need to anticipate things alot more now.

Josh 76

Even Danny Murphy going mentle over Bruno on talksport this morning.
Was saying he can't believe the other big clubs didn't come in for him, even his beloved Liverpool.

Utdstar01

His mentality is similar to Ronaldo's. Wants to affect games and win games. Takes risks and many shots in a game. Backs his ability 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.