7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PvsNP

Class player. Incredible what a world class talent can do to a team.

RedDevilRoshi

Phenomenal. Absolutely love him already!

The guy has virtually transformed our season. Even with his presence on the pitch, you can see everyone else’s game raise. Fantastic free-kick assist for Martial’s opener. He made it look effortlessly. Also could have had a goal if James had looked up in the 2nd half and squared the ball to Bruno.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very impressive performance. His football intelligence is fantastic.

Deery

Dreary
Brilliant player totally transformed the team and brings the best out of everyone.

mav_9me

Transformative player.

I worry about him fading but then with his mentality it may not be that bad when he drops off.

el3mel

He has transformed our team. What a player! What a signing. I said it again and again but this by far the most well spent money we have ever done since RVP signing in last Fergie's summer.

criticalanalysis

My theory on why James and Martial didn't square the ball: he must be an absolute selfish and annoying prick in training :lol:

Been brilliant. Not suprised to see he's got bit of an understanding with Fred already with some nice passing exchanges between them two.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Him, Maguire, and Fred are the backbone of this team. Maguire in defence, Fred in midfield, and Bruno in attack.

I've been saying for ages that we should sign players at their age range (25-26 y.o.) if we want challenging. Players who are mature enough to give consistency, and don't need to be babysit, with some room for improvement.
I think it's good to balance between young promising players and established players in the age you're talking about. Preferably you spend big on those more established players in their mid-20's that can impact the team right away. Then again, always exceptions like if Sancho is available.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think it's good to balance between young promising players and established players in the age you're talking about. Preferably you spend big on those more established players in their mid-20's that can impact the team right away. Then again, always exceptions like if Sancho is available.
Young promising players are good to have. But we shouldn't rely on them to be the main men, like we do with Rashford, Martial, and James in attack. No team in history (to my knowledge) could challenge with players at their age range as their main attack.

I personally think that if we get Sancho, and depend on him, Rashford, and Martial in attack, we will not go anywhere challenging for the next 3 years. Unless Top 4 is all we care.

amolbhatia50k

My theory on why James and Martial didn't square the ball: he must be an absolute selfish and annoying prick in training :lol:

Been brilliant. Not suprised to see he's got bit of an understanding with Fred already with some nice passing exchanges between them two.
I think James just lacked awareness whereas Martial fancied himself given he's usually exceptional from that angel just left of goal, and he's now of course a 9.

Tony247

He has transformed our team. What a player! What a signing. I said it again and again but this by far the most well spent money we have ever done since RVP signing in last Fergie's summer.
Totally agree. What an impact he has had. If only we had signed him earlier....

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
I stuck my neck out all summer saying we should go all out for him and even as grelish got more popular I said we should go for Bruno.

He's doing so well I am honestly thinking if we get sancho next season and one more CM we could be fighting for 1/2.

DBT85

Honestly can't wait to se him with Rashford to aim for as well.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He certainly will have his ups and downs, when things don't go right for him he can be frustrating when he tries to shoot instead passing or the opposite, but he will take risks. His main factor, and I am not surprised with this, because I know 1 person who spoke regularly with him, he really has a strong personality, it might annoy some teammates and certainly Ole will need to tell him that he cannot argue with the referees like he did in Portugal.

Maybe it's related with the fact he wasn't a youth player for the big clubs in Portugal (at least Boavista this days certainly cannot be called like that) and the fact he went to Italy with 18 years old and returning with 23 to Portugal after 5 years in Italy without being a relevant player there, certainly that first season under Jorge Jesus at Sporting was good for him, of course the last 18 months on a shit team under shit managers made him even more adaptable, also he still needs to adapt to the intensity of the League, etc.

Sometimes is hard to predict if a player is going to adapt to the League X or club Y, I had my doubts, not regarding personality or leadership, only the fact he was reaching incredible stats on the domestic league, and let's face it, the level outside the top 4 Leagues in Europe is always suspicious, even players who come directly from Serie A to England struggle to adapt.

The only thing needed is to know he will have shit games, sometimes will frustrate, but if the mood is good and he is mentally and phisically ok playing around with good players, why won't he keep this level? Don't think it's already a good idea to discuss if one day will be captain, it's irrelevant at this stage. Oh, and he needs to calm down a bit, already being hated by City fans isn't a good idea. What next? Will he tell Klopp to sit down and stop moaning when he has to play against the wind?

Utdstar01

He certainly will have his ups and downs, when things don't go right for him he can be frustrating when he tries to shoot instead passing or the opposite, but he will take risks. His main factor, and I am not surprised with this, because I know 1 person who spoke regularly with him, he really has a strong personality, it might annoy some teammates and certainly Ole will need to tell him that he cannot argue with the referees like he did in Portugal.

Maybe it's related with the fact he wasn't a youth player for the big clubs in Portugal (at least Boavista this days certainly cannot be called like that) and the fact he went to Italy with 18 years old and returning with 23 to Portugal after 5 years in Italy without being a relevant player there, certainly that first season under Jorge Jesus at Sporting was good for him, of course the last 18 months on a shit team under shit managers made him even more adaptable, also he still needs to adapt to the intensity of the League, etc.

Sometimes is hard to predict if a player is going to adapt to the League X or club Y, I had my doubts, not regarding personality or leadership, only the fact he was reaching incredible stats on the domestic league, and let's face it, the level outside the top 4 Leagues in Europe is always suspicious, even players who come directly from Serie A to England struggle to adapt.

The only thing needed is to know he will have shit games, sometimes will frustrate, but if the mood is good and he is mentally and phisically ok playing around with good players, why won't he keep this level? Don't think it's already a good idea to discuss if one day will be captain, it's irrelevant at this stage. Oh, and he needs to calm down a bit, already being hated by City fans isn't a good idea. What next? Will he tell Klopp to sit down and stop moaning when he has to play against the wind?
Why not? Who cares!? Doesn't take much to be hated by those bunch of cnuts anyway.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why not? Who cares!? Doesn't take much to be hated by those bunch of cnuts anyway.
It's the irony that kills them. No need to be already the most hated Manchester United player by the other fans. @adexkola I think Van Nistelrooy had a great impact at his time, and no need to compare with Cantona, it was a different era.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@SCP It’s alright mate. You don’t need to make such nuance in posts. After 5 games, it’s confirmed that Bruno Fernandes is the best player in the world.

Ekeke

Comparions with Pogba are always going to happen. But one thing I think is very clear from his first handful of games for us is the difference in tempo between them. Pogba often slows down moves hanging onto the ball a long time. Bruno is happy to flick or play a first time pass and surprise the opponent putting us on the front foot straight away.

amolbhatia50k

Comparions with Pogba are always going to happen. But one thing I think is very clear from his first handful of games for us is the difference in tempo between them. Pogba often slows down moves hanging onto the ball a long time. Bruno is happy to flick or play a first time pass and surprise the opponent putting us on the front foot straight away.
True. Pogba has an annoying habit of being over indulgent and wanting to take too many touches. On the other hand Pogba has other qualities - such as being physically dominant and having ridiculous natural talent that allows him to take on opponents in a way that Fernandes doesn't. And obviously presence in the air. Fernandes' quick split second decision making , based on the short sample thus far, does really suit English football's high octane nature whereas Pogba does seem better suited to Serie A /La Liga on this point.

hungrywing

One of them is thinking ahead about what the team can do while one is thinking about what he can do.

Rolaholic

He's shown the ability to make some really smart and threatening runs into the final third, he would've scored at least a goal had one of our players found him.

That's where I see a Pogba return benefitting him tremendously, he's got the vision to spot and anticipate those runs and the passing ability to find him accurately more often than not.

Expect him to start banging them in regularly not unlike he did for Sporting once him and Pogba get to playing with each other

Betson

He's shown the ability to make some really smart and threatening runs into the final third, he would've scored at least a goal had one of our players found him.

That's where I see a Pogba return benefitting him tremendously, he's got the vision to spot and anticipate those runs and the passing ability to find him accurately more often than not.

Expect him to start banging them in regularly not unlike he did for Sporting once him and Pogba get to playing with each other
I suspect James is going to get an earful in training from Ole this week about looking up and spotting runners coming through in a better position , Bruno is making a lot of intelligent late runs into the box that are just begging for a pass , our players need to be more alert to take advantage of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.