7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

MOTM again. What a difference he has made. Also just gave a great interview to Sky, praising the work of his teammates.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Post match interview was great. He’s definitely going to be the second club captain behind Maguire. What an upgrade those two are in the leadership department over (especially) Valencia and Young.

No7UTD

After Brunos first season, Bruno has almost the same “legendary status” as Salah had after his first season for Liverpool.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, not just his goals or chances created but his attitude on the pitch. Works his socks off, always leading the team from front when it comes to pressing.

There was one piece of play where Shaw was at right side, he positioned himself as a LB, made interception and started the attack. Proper team player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fantastic ground coverage and played superbly well. The pass to Mason and to get on to Mason's superb cross was just stupendous.

Tailor-made for the high press too. Brilliant performance.

Glorio

Probably one of his worst performances in terms of use of the ball, yet grabbed 2 goals and was everywhere on the pitch. Measure of the player.
Even if I disagree, I won't challenge your views on his use of the ball because you're comparing it to his other performances, however, if that was his worst .... compare that to Pereira's best ever game. It's still miles above! The gulf between both players is crazy.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's almost unheard of to see a January signing hitting the ground running so well.

Or actually, any Man Utd signing in the last seven years.

Adamsk7

Ridiculous player. Makes everyone around him better.

I knew he was good but I honestly didn’t think he was this good.

Not actually one of his best games in terms of passing but still got two goals and ran the show with Pogba.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Fernandes is world class. We throw that phrase around like confetti these days but this lad deserves it. Nobody in the Premier League has had more goal involvements since he joined. The impact he's had on this team is remarkable. We knew he'd make us better but he's raised the level of the entire team. Every the likes of Zlatan struggled to do that. Just shows what a gem we've got. Considering what Atleti paid for Joao Felix its fair to say we robbed Sporting.
I said at the time if Felix is 120M then Bruno is 150M

We sold him for peanuts, we just suck at selling our top players.

I made a thread on Bruno back in 2017 when he first joined Sporting and for 3 years later him to be playing at United which is a club I have soft soft spot for it’s beautiful to see him succeed.

mu4c_20le

I made a thread on Bruno back in 2017 when he first joined Sporting and for 3 years later him to be playing at United which is a club I have soft soft spot for it’s beautiful to see him succeed.
Probably because you are playing like crap. It drags down the value of your players. You did do well to hold firm to your valuation though, I wish we spent the extra 5 or 10m last summer, table would be a lot different i reckon.

Backrow Singer

He was exactly what we were missing. Technically brilliant, demanding of his team mates, competitive, vocal, aggressive.

He has all the qualities I want in a United player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The engine on him is something else. Reminds me of Bernardo Silva.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For once portuguese posters didn't bamboozle us. He is actually good.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Probably because you are playing like crap. It drags down the value of your players. You did do well to hold firm to your valuation though, I wish we spent the extra 5 or 10m last summer, table would be a lot different i reckon.
It’s more to do then us being utterly shit.

Sporting have done this since te beginning of time.

Benfica get “80M” of Mendes money for flops like Renato or 120M for a guy who only played half a season of top flight football and we managed to get 55M for arguably the second best Portuguese player in the world, or 3rd depending on who you like more between Bernardo Silva and Bruno.

It’s just one of the many things wrong at Sporting.

Rolaholic

Him Pogba and Matic have looked like the best midfield in the league since the restart began.

Can only imagine how good they're going to look after a few more weeks/months of playing together. Absolute godsend of a signing and every time he plays I get more and more annoyed at how much we dithered around last summer :lol:

Not a doubt in my mind that we'd be comfortably in the top 4 having him all season long

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

You sold me on Bruno long before he came and boy were you right. What a fantastic player he is.

kundalini

I was sceptical due to the high price for a 25 year old playing in Portugal but he is a joy to watch. Two goals, hit the post and even managed to cover for Shaw one time. Worst moment was being asleep at their free-kick when the short pass resulted in a shot just wide.

RedTiger

Half mast

You must feel like the daddy right now! :lol:

HowYouDoin

As a Croatian let me just say the player he reminds me of is Modric. Not in terms of style but impact. Its just his presence, when he's there you feel confident. Everything ticks. You feel you can take on anyone. The second he is out of the game you go like...oooh oooh not good.
I would argue thats actually his best attribute, better than his goals and assists and its an intangible. He just makes it all work just by his presence. Rare quality in a player.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Ive said it to you before mate and I’ll say it again. Thanks so much, he’s a glorious player!

criticalanalysis

Probably one of his worst performances in terms of use of the ball, yet grabbed 2 goals and was everywhere on the pitch. Measure of the player.
Norwich was 'worse'!

'Typical' Bruno performance again tonight? Lots of quality, mixed with 'the ball is lava' :lol: at times passing and tons of character/work rate thrown in too.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
As Evra pointed out, Bruno hasn't just lifted the team in terms of his genius on the pitch, but watching him speak he's also lifted us as a character and is exactly the type of player I want to see playing for this club. Wouldn't be surprised to see is captain us in the not so distant future.

Bwuk

As a Croatian let me just say the player he reminds me of is Modric. Not in terms of style but impact. Its just his presence, when he's there you feel confident. Everything ticks. You feel you can take on anyone. The second he is out of the game you go like...oooh oooh not good.
I would argue thats actually his best attribute, better than his goals and assists and its an intangible. He just makes it all work just by his presence. Rare quality in a player.
Agreed. He seems to have totally transformed the mentality in the team.

Can see why he was captain at Sporting.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Right back to his best tonight after an off day by his standards against Norwich (we'll blame the shit he was playing with for that)

I say again Cantona level of impact he's had on the club

Yagami

Good post resistant
Brighton fans are singing his praises.

On their forum, they started a thread asking for positives from tonight, and one of the first replies was "We don't have to face Fernandes again this season"

Lam

Transformation! The impact he has had is on par with the RVP signing. He is probably not just pulling the players one level up, but also the entire coaching staff and other aspects of the Club.

Out of nowhere we have gone from the Club which is managing a circus around the whole Pogba situation (every conversation was around him and he wasn’t even playing!) to a club which is looking to challenge for 3rd and fighting in two cup competitions. What an impact! And the most important thing is he is bringing in the right ethos- attack, hard work, team first, etc. Crazy we didn’t sign him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.