7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eltigreFalcao

Absolutely love the guy. The way he engages in a friendship manner with every single teammate, he seems to be liked everywhere in carrington. Class

romufc

Just my speculations, though I love for interviewers/press to dare ask managers (especially Ole and other top team managers) the questions.

1. a) Ole were being over-confident (poor gamble) and want to help Lingard (he had his sob story during those times isn't it). No doubt Ole favors Lingard no? that's general knowledge by now isn't it. b) Plus, looking at the profile of the first 3 players he acquired (British mate!), I highly doubt Bruno is top priority name on the list... until around October strikes.

2. It's not obvious. Period.
I agree with this.

I think the pre season was a false down. Lingard and Perreira both played well and scored a couple goals. Lingard is a favourite for Ole because of the time at the academy and probably thought he could bring the best out of him. Backfired yes, but lets not put all the blame on Ole. He took a few gambles e.g. Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and they have come off.

2. It isnt obvious, I don't get when people say that, well this is the same thing that happened with Salah, KDB etc..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I remember when the caf used to pine for attacking midfielders like Erikson and bemoaned us lacking one of real quality. Based on what we've seen so far, Fernandes is even better than that

Man Utd 5:2 Bournemouth

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The biggest compliment i can give Bruno is that he is the first player since Ronaldo that you've had who genuinely annoys me as to how good he is.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
KDB might be the player of the year, but feck me Bruno might be even more complete. Outstanding individual.

el3mel

Feck me what a ridiculous player he's. I can't believe he's that great. He should be up there with the best players in the league.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has a bit of an old school specialness about him. Don't ask me to explain that, but I know what I mean.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s changed the mentality of the team. Makes things look very simple & he’s linking midfield with attack very well. Can’t wait to see how he does over a complete season.

Hulme91

Wow, just wow
Astonishingly good footballer and an absolute joy to watch

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Still laugh my arse off that we were the only ones seriously in for him.

WTF?! :lol:
i dont get it why wasn't nobody was in for him before either? Why did we sign Fred 3 years ago when we could have signed him?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
i dont get it why wasn't nobody was in for him before either? Why did we sign Fred 3 years ago when we could have signed him?
This question should be studied in University. Its baffling. Sporting were hawking Fernandes around for years and nobody, nobody in world football thought 'hmm, worth a punt.' Even United came close to missing out on him two windows running. Remember the anonymous briefings last summer that Bruno gives the ball away too much to sign for United..? :houllier:

Fernandes has transformed our team. The way his presence has raised the level of everyone around him is remarkable. Especially when you think of how many big names we've signed since Sir Alex retired who failed to do that. I'm genuinely lost for words about his impact. Just a star.

mu4c_20le

I love his mentality even more than his ability. We've lacked leaders on the pitch post SAF and it was nice to see him giving some advice to young Mason after the water break. He not only wants to win but also wants everyone around him to do well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This question should be studied in University. Its baffling. Sporting were hawking Fernandes around for years and nobody, nobody in world football thought 'hmm, worth a punt.' Even United came close to missing out on him two windows running. Remember the anonymous briefings last summer that Bruno gives the ball away too much to sign for United..? :houllier:

Fernandes has transformed our team. The way his presence has raised the level of everyone around him is remarkable. Especially when you think of how many big names we've signed since Sir Alex retired who failed to do that. I'm genuinely lost for words about his impact. Just a star.
:lol: Do we know who was making those briefings?

LARulz

I feel we need to send Sporting some extra money. I think we ripped them off

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Has a bit of an old school specialness about him. Don't ask me to explain that, but I know what I mean.
Yes.

He's all over the place in a good way. And he's very hard to shut down - even when he's slightly off his game. Keeps trying, all the time, and usually makes the right choice (even if he overhits a pass - or a finish).

He's...very good. And he'll get even better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I feel we need to send Sporting some extra money. I think we ripped them off
100%. If Joao Felix is worth £100m then Fernandes is worth £200m.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The lad does not do sideways. Everytime he gets the ball, his instinct is the pas or move forward. Incredible player.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't understand how we were the only club in for him this January, and don't understand how he was at Sporting for so long.

He's an absolutely elite player, and would probably be knocking on the door of best in position in the league if a certain KDB didn't exist.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolute baller. All over the pitch involved with everything.

he really is having a cantona effect, just a shame he didn’t score his first chance!

Amarsdd

He's a proper inspirational player. Even if he's not having a good game in terms of technique, passing or shooting, he's always making things happen.

izec

I don't understand how we were the only club in for him this January, and don't understand how he was at Sporting for so long.

He's an absolutely elite player, and would probably be knocking on the door of best in position in the league if a certain KDB didn't exist.
Because he 'failed' in Serie A and played in Portugal. That's why. If KDB was racking up the numbers there, people would say the same

You have to look at every player in detail and the circumstances, which most don't do.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love Bruno. Instructing players where to go to make a difference, guiding them throughout and giving a top performance consistently every single time

Status
Not open for further replies.