5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

Imagine thinking Bruno is the problem. Superb goals. Also promising for us that Bruno and Ronaldo are starting to combine a little.
Imagine thinking that a rare good game from Bruno at international level absolved him of all club based shiteness.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
“bRuNo Is ShITe”

Carry on fellas.

Deery

Dreary
Imagine thinking that a rare good game from Bruno at international level absolved him of all club based shiteness.
Doesn’t he have the most chances created from any player in the league this season?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
All his numbers say the complete opposite of that but sure.

Pickle85

KeanoMagicHat

:boring: Again with the stats brigade. I shouldn't have come into his thread to be negative, to be fair, but if you think he's been class so far this season then I don't know what to say to you.
There's quite a gap between class and shite though. It's been his worst season so far for us (but relative to two brilliant seasons) but he's still a really good player and someone who should be one of our main players in the next couple of years.

Pickle85

It's settled. Sealed. Signed.

Who even comes close? Ronaldo obviously in his pomp was better. Who else is there?
I know this is likely to trigger you, but pogba when on his top game is better. After that, actually, I'd struggle, I grant you. Which is rather depressing. Maybe varane, when fit?

Pickle85

There's quite a gap between class and shite though. It's been his worst season so far for us (but relative to two brilliant seasons) but he's still a really good player and someone who should be one of our main players in the next couple of years.
I don't think he's shite, tbf. On his day, he's an absolute game changer but he just gives the ball away too much for me. Also, when he's bad he's REALLY bad.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Amazing player and a matchwinner, and ball losing machine at the same time. I don't think I have ever seen such a good player but so wasteful at the same time.

I can imagine him playing rondo with one group and going for a killer pass to some player in other group that is training near his group.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I don't think he's shite, tbf. On his day, he's an absolute game changer but he just gives the ball away too much for me. Also, when he's bad he's REALLY bad.
Bruno works much harder than Pogba. That is a huge reason why he is preferred. yea he gives the ball away but he keeps working. Whereas pogba has no work rate at all.

Swedish_Plumber

If we can get a style of football that has us on the front foot and with control of the football he’ll blossom again for United.

It’s scary to think what his numbers could be in that scenario. Yeah he’ll lose the ball lot, but he’ll get more of it and more chances to unlock defences too.

A special player for us but ironically also meant more Ole and more time in no man’s land.

Time for a proper manager.

Pickle85

Bruno works much harder than Pogba. That is a huge reason why he is preferred. yea he gives the ball away but he keeps working. Whereas pogba has no work rate at all.
As I said, I think when you compare them both at their very best i think that Pogba is simply better. I don't disagree about the workrate, I just think if we're talking about 'ceilings' (shudder) pogba takes it for me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As I said, I think when you compare them both at their very best i think that Pogba is simply better. I don't disagree about the workrate, I just think if we're talking about 'ceilings' (shudder) pogba takes it for me.
Pogba at his very best? May I ask when are we going to see it. I've been waiting 5 years.

Idxomer

It's North Macedonia but hopefully those goals give him the confidence to finish the season well.

Pickle85

Pogba at his very best? May I ask when are we going to see it. I've been waiting 5 years.
Hahaha, I take your point and agree for the most part but you have to admit, those games where he's bang at it, he's brilliant.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hahaha, I take your point and agree for the most part but you have to admit, those games where he's bang at it, he's brilliant.
Obviously I have long given up on him. I do admire those who are going down with the ship though. Kudos for not admitting I have been right about him for a while. ;)

KeanoMagicHat

I agree in that Pogba at his best for France as an overall player is arguably better than Bruno has been at any point, but we've only ever seen that for United in 4-5 game stretches and you can't blame Fernandes for being wasteful and inconsistent when Pogba is how he is.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I agree. Pogba has terrific vision and is the best passer in the team.

But it is redundant if you cannot get the ball in the first place or get caught in possession when you have the ball.

Baxter

It’s interesting that some use ‘gives the ball away too much’ as a stick to beat him with but don’t carry this on for some players. TAA and KDB are also at the top of the table for losing possession. It happens with playmakers who make more risky passes.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It is probability with Pogba. If you are as a player excellent with passes, then every one in three or four games you will make a killer pass. But what about the other two or three games where he doesnt.

Pickle85

Obviously I have long given up on him. I do admire those who are going down with the ship though. Kudos for not admitting I have been right about him for a while. ;)
Ha, I've certainly never disagreed with the fact that he's never lived up to expectations so I wouldn't classify it as going down with the ship. I just think that on his day he's absolute class. That day just doesn't come anything like enough.

Pickle85

I agree. Pogba has terrific vision and is the best passer in the team.

But it is redundant if you cannot get the ball in the first place or get caught in possession when you have the ball.
Yeah, agreed. I'm no pogba lover, I think he's been disappointing for us but I also think that on his best days he's absolutely top class.

Pickle85

It’s interesting that some use ‘gives the ball away too much’ as a stick to beat him with but don’t carry this on for some players. TAA and KDB are also at the top of the table for losing possession. It happens with playmakers who make more risky passes.
In fairness, the positions from which TAA surrenders possession vs Bruno explains something there. TAA's 'riskier' passes are usually crosses which are usually a lower percentage pass (but more dangerous when completed) whereas Bruno seems to surrender possession playing needlessly Hollywood passes unsuccessfully when keeping the ball would be more sensible. As for KdB, surely he has better pass completion than Bruno. Also, when he does give the ball away the team are better set up to press to win it back whereas we get played through with ease.

bakalhau

Happy with his performance today, should boost his confidence for our last games of the season. Double happy Ronaldo assisted him for the first, in a position he could've shot. Giving back to Bruno what Bruno gives to him most of the match days. Hopefully both stay on track in the league from now until May.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah, agreed. I'm no pogba lover, I think he's been disappointing for us but I also think that on his best days he's absolutely top class.
When i watch pogba play it is like he is playing in slow motion compared to other players. Very slowing running and turning. Very poor at retaining the ball as well. At his age, i dont think he will suddenly start working. John Giles was saying this from the moment we signed him from Juve. He just doesnt work hard enough.

Pickle85

When i watch pogba play it is like he is playing in slow motion compared to other players. Very slowing running and turning. Very poor at retaining the ball as well. At his age, i dont think he will suddenly start working. John Giles was saying this from the moment we signed him from Juve. He just doesnt work hard enough.
From memory...not looked it up...but pogba is pretty good at keeping the ball for the amount he gets it. Also usually uses it safely (though has the odd brainfart for sure). He's not the quickest but he's no matic and is still more than mobile enough to keep up. As I say, I'm not particularly a fan of his and think we should move on from him but I also think he's a better player than Bruno, though Bruno's high risk style will always look great on goals and assist tallies

Status
Not open for further replies.