5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLogo

He is too desperate to make things happen and in the process fecks up almost everything. He presses like a manic on his own, runs back and puts in bad tackles and attempts high risk passes even in his own half. He seriously needs to calm the feck down.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You think Ronaldo takes it upon himself to break team shape, to do bizarre things, attempt ridiculous high risk passes on the edge of his own box, and isn’t disciplined?

You’re the one who should be laughed at. Your agenda makes a fool of you.
He has never pressed in his life and he is doing it out of discipline :lol:

Idxomer

Of course he's defending Ole, no other manager would indulge him that much.

Canagel

He was absolutely shite. End of. Nothing else to report. Certainly nothing to credit him for.
passion merchants FC. that is all they can credit him for. he is a passion merchant, simple. this fanbase loves you if you kiss the badge, make knee slides, slide everywhere and run like a headless chicken. but its the same reason they loved Herrera, Rafael, Heinze etc ..

Valencia Shin Crosses

passion merchants FC. that is all they can credit him for. he is a passion merchant, simple. this fanbase loves you if you kiss the badge, make knee slides, slide everywhere and run like a headless chicken. but its the same reason they loved Herrera, Rafael, Heinze etc ..
Pretty much.

That was embarrassing what I watched from Bruno today. Everyone knows our defense and McT are shiite, but he's supposed to be some great player but plays football like a 12 year old.

avgp_1

Should be benched. Gives the ball away so cheaply at times

Playing in the that critical position, he needs to calm the feck down and control the game but all he is doing is recycling possession for the opposition

Is benched for Portugal too and rightly so, was so poor in Lisbon as well when he came on for Bernardo.

OTRightWinger07

bruno gave the ball away alot today probably the most erratic match ive seen from him at OT but one thing is for sure, the guy gives it all

he is hurting today no doubt and i respect him, he just needs a functional midfield behind him, unfotunately ole didnt give him that for this season

Bobski

Starting to see the argument for moving him on. Great player, very productive when the system is built around him, but he has shown little willingness to adapt his game and play in a more disciplined manner and ends up being one of the main agents of chaos in the team.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not a single player should be undropable. Ole had multiple chances year after year to rotate him with Pogba and now we have Donny as well. Stop playing favorites ffs. Bruno needs a kick up in the arse as well. He's becoming like a spoiled boy who throws tantrum in every shit game he plays.

Roboc7

From when he signed until this season he basically kept Ole in a job, his form was always going to dip at some point but Ole doesn’t have guys to sense to do anything about it.

Guapa

Been shite for a year now,Barr the odd fleeting moments of magic.Not good enough.Needs to be benched and if he doesn't adapt time to reevaluate at the end of the season.

united for life

Im going to defend him here - he is clearly trying to do to much because he see's that nothing else will happen unless he does it so hes trying to do to much.
agreed. Playing donny in midfield would surely change that. He’d have someone with a brain in midfield

NZT-One

Which is true, but if Ronaldo doesn't do it and then Bruno Fernandes doesn't do it then what happens to Watford?

They get all the time in the world to pick their passes but more importantly we are then built in to a park the bus shape because no one is doing any pressing - we are parking the bus against Watford and letting them play against us because Ronaldo is not even central, he plays towards the left and no pressing. Bruno stops pressing then we park the bus Vs Watford.

This happens against every other team, they can do whatever they want from the back because one person presseses and the other wants to smoke a cigarette and wait for his chances.

What's the alternative- no one presses and we all sit back.
What happens then? Is this a serious question? You become a low block then, something we have seen 1000 times over the last 2-4 years. We were down to ten men, we are shit in possession, we are shit at pressing (the coordinated one), we are shit at defending counters and we were really good at attacking with counters. You ask what to do, maybe react to what is happening in front of your eyes.
Brunos "pressing" attempts look so great, they fool a few fans into thinking he is industrious and "hard-working". Great PR. But football is a team sport so everything you do affects the rest of the team. When the team presses as a whole, great - go for it, give them a hard time. But when no ones pressing, stay in shape, keep compact.

I always said Bruno is Ole's football personified. High risk, high reward. No point in possession. But, I am sure, there is a useful player in there. And I am perfectly fine when Bruno gets only half the assists and goals this season, when the tradeoff is, that he plays like a real midfielder. When he gets stuck in and when he works together with the team. Bruno isn't the sole problem. Ronaldo isn't as well. Ole isn't. McFred isn't. It is a combination of all of those factors.

But the key takeaway here should be: Pressing = good is false statement.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What happens then? Is this a serious question? You become a low block then, something we have seen 1000 times over the last 2-4 years. We were down to ten men, we are shit in possession, we are shit at pressing (the coordinated one), we are shit at defending counters and we were really good at attacking with counters. You ask what to do, maybe react to what is happening in front of your eyes.
Brunos "pressing" attempts look so great, they fool a few fans into thinking he is industrious and "hard-working". Great PR. But football is a team sport so everything you do affects the rest of the team. When the team presses as a whole, great - go for it, give them a hard time. But when no ones pressing, stay in shape, keep compact.

I always said Bruno is Ole's football personified. High risk, high reward. No point in possession. But, I am sure, there is a useful player in there. And I am perfectly fine when Bruno gets only half the assists and goals this season, when the tradeoff is, that he plays like a real midfielder. When he gets stuck in and when he works together with the team. Bruno isn't the sole problem. Ronaldo isn't as well. Ole isn't. McFred isn't. It is a combination of all of those factors.

But the key takeaway here should be: Pressing = good is false statement.
So when people complained about our inability to create chances vs a low block happened because we were the team playing a low block all this time?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
From when he signed until this season he basically kept Ole in a job, his form was always going to dip at some point but Ole doesn’t have guys to sense to do anything about it.
He was poor from January last season

captaincantona

Yeah he deserves to be benched...but not just because of his poor performances but because the team isn’t compact enough we can’t afford to give away possession so cheaply anymore.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Actually quite shocking he's so much adored here, playing in a perfect position a second striker, being on all set pieces, compared to the likes of Pogba who's skill and inventive skills are diminished because he's more complete and playing out of position. The next manager is hopefully strong enough mentally to bench him because he's doing nothing for a season and much more to deserve a starting spot.

I am also not sure why is manager so daft to keep him playing this high not giving him any fecking instructions to help out with midfled presence which is awful, because McTominay is a championship player, with shocking passing ability, unable to figure out his positioning for ages, to help midfield enough. Because Maticshould only play in memorial games and not competetive football, Pogba is too careless and too moody there to keep the right presence there. The only real midfielder there is Fred and now it seems VdB have enough grit and toughness about him to play there too.

So if Bruno needs to play, just make him play a bit deeper and make a 3 men midfield to keep better control of the games otherwise we are rolled over by a fecking Watford with Tom Cleverley in the side.
Jesus Christ some absolute garbage crawling out of the bins. I love Pogba but Bruno is twice the player. Bruno walks into every top team in world football, Pogba doesn’t, because unlike Pogba, Bruno has the attitude to match his ability. This narrative that somehow Pogba is hard done by and Bruno gets away with it is fecking Nonsense but I’d expect nothing less on this forum these days :lol:

Litch

I think the players should be saying feck all at the moment. We are fans and they are bloody employees that can move on and start again...

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He was pretty atrocious considered the previous standard he has set for himself, but you have to admire the way he dealt with the fans after the final whistle.

captaincantona

Pogba had god knows how many games before Bruno arrived to provide goals, assists, leadership and to take responsibility. He did none of that.

Bruno is on a bad run of form (since last season) ...fortunately on that run he has still managed to be more productive than any of our other forwards.

People would do well to remember how little threat we carried pre Bruno and while his high risk style will never be suitable for a top top side, he is one of the few players in the squad that should have some credit built up with fans.

SER19

For pretty much every attacker in our team, it is absolutely pointless to analyse individual performances over the past 2 months. Im not letting anybody off the hook, but that's how poor we are. Our performances die at the back and midfield every single week and weve somehow managed to dry up goals and assists from fernandes who even when playing poorly, delivers something usually. Sancho, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood. I think its absolutely impossible to read into performances lately. They may as well not be there.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Been shite for a year now,Barr the odd fleeting moments of magic.Not good enough.Needs to be benched and if he doesn't adapt time to reevaluate at the end of the season.
It's true. It's so true. If we're being even more brutally honest the honeymoon period ended about July or August of last year. And I've said over and over and over again, that if you revisit the posts from that period the bloom was very much starting to come off the rose (note the early origins of, "Not his best game today.") Of course that phrase then became an increasingly rare sight as his poor performances have become more common than his good ones.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He was an absolute disgrace today. It’s so obvious he’s not playing for Ole. Needs to be dropped.

TrustInJanuzaj

Absolute bollocks
Seriously. I love Pogba as a player but Bruno has proven to be twice the player in a Utd shirt. I’ve seen some performances from Pogba where he hasn’t look arsed at all, something you can’t level at Bruno even on his worst days. I don’t see how they are comparable.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba had god knows how many games before Bruno arrived to provide goals, assists, leadership and to take responsibility. He did none of that.

Bruno is on a bad run of form (since last season) ...fortunately on that run he has still managed to be more productive than any of our other forwards.

People would do well to remember how little threat we carried pre Bruno and while his high risk style will never be suitable for a top top side, he is one of the few players in the squad that should have some credit built up with fans.
Pogba has played the majority of his time playing in a two man midfield not as a second striker so why would you expect the same amount of goals and assists? On Bruno he’s scored 8 non pen goals (3 in one game) and 7 assists (2 in one game) since January in 34 prem games despite having by far the worst possession stats in the team, having licence to do what he likes and his alround performances being largely dire week after week, losing the ball constantly and losing team shape due to lack of discipline.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Seriously. I love Pogba as a player but Bruno has proven to be twice the player in a Utd shirt. I’ve seen some performances from Pogba where he hasn’t look arsed at all, something you can’t level at Bruno even on his worst days. I don’t see how they are comparable.
Bruno looked class when he first came in but his impact is overrated and his performances since January have been far worse consistently than Pogba’s ever have over a long period. His impact in that time has diminished and is not that impressive given his free role in the team and his poor possession stats.

TrustInJanuzaj

Bruno looked class when he first came in but his impact is overrated and his performances since January have been far worse consistently than Pogba’s ever have over a long period. His impact in that time has diminished and is not that impressive given his free role in the team and his poor possession stats.
Yeh maybe. As with all the other players I want to see him under a new manager. Bruno has proven he’s world class, something many of our players haven’t been able to prove.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeh maybe. As with all the other players I want to see him under a new manager. Bruno has proven he’s world class, something many of our players haven’t been able to prove.
Agree. Under a better manager he will be more efficient I’m sure. He certainly shouldn’t be an issue.

captaincantona

Pogba has played the majority of his time playing in a two man midfield not as a second striker so why would you expect the same amount of goals and assists? On Bruno he’s scored 8 non pen goals (3 in one game) and 7 assists (2 in one game) since January in 34 prem games despite having by far the worst possession stats in the team, having licence to do what he likes and his alround performances being largely dire week after week, losing the ball constantly and losing team shape due to lack of discipline.
Don’t make me respond to you with Pogba’s stats in his time here...not to mention his period being played as a left winger and us trying every trick in the book for 5 years to try and “get the best out of him”...never in the history of Manchester United football club has there been a single player as void of responsibility for his own inability to justify his wages as Paul Pogba. Always the managers fault for misusing him or the teams fault for not covering him or his midfield partners fault etc etc.

he is a supremely talented and gifted athlete that also happens to be slow on the ball, lacks determination or the guts for a fight and always always goes missing when you need him- Ferguson is a clairvoyant because Pogba would have been berated by any of the leaders we had in the dressing room since the mid 80’s. God knows he has had more than enough chances to justify his place in the team...he hasn’t.
So while Bruno is having a fuking shocker right now...he has done more for Man Utd in less than half the amount of time than Paul Pogba has, not just goals and assists but in terms of leadership and singlehandedly dragging us out of the abyss the January he joined. In my book...that gives him at least a bit of credit for his diabolical form of late.

Sylar

Bruno looks gassed. And it's not surprising

Also not helping things how were set up and changing all the time

Bruno looked at his best when we played a 433 set up after lock down and kept at that
Pogba and Matic both looked good too and it resulted in Mason / Rashford / martial all getting 20+ goal seasons (except Mason who missed out by a couple)

Not being rested at all and the change of formation hasn't helped at all

I'm surprised at how many people are turning on him

Status
Not open for further replies.