5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Why do Ole refuse to sub him when nothing is working? Should have been taken off at 45 today and a couple of times before aswell this season.

NZT-One

So when people complained about our inability to create chances vs a low block happened because we were the team playing a low block all this time?
Not all of the time but often enough. Keep in mind we played with 10 men today, it would have been more than understandable to become more reserved. Of course the opponents were leading but Watford isnt known for creating chances like crazy, their dribblers are great in transitions but apart from that, I am sure we could have managed them (in fact we did). I am not against "pressing" and I definitely like that Bruno tries stuff and works like a dog. But at some point (and that point in time was more than a year ago for me) all this showboating of fan service has been outweighted by some of the flaws in his game. And praising him for his "pressing" when nobody else did is an answer on that showboating in my eyes. It had absolutely no effect, more often then not he doesn't even do it with great intensity so he rarely gets the ball with it. Pogba, Greenwood and Rashford do the same, look at it next game when they play, they approach the opponent but they just fake a charge so the slightest maneuver takes them out of business. (It is a way of preserving energy, I am fine with that but if we don't have enough players to really go for it then just stop it alltogether.)

Jesus Christ some absolute garbage crawling out of the bins. I love Pogba but Bruno is twice the player. Bruno walks into every top team in world football, Pogba doesn’t, because unlike Pogba, Bruno has the attitude to match his ability. This narrative that somehow Pogba is hard done by and Bruno gets away with it is fecking Nonsense but I’d expect nothing less on this forum these days :lol:
Don't think Bruno would walk in any side that values possession slightly over average... Bruno is pretty erratic with his passing and United in the last year and a half suited him to a tee because he had all the freedom to do and try what he wanted. He is a great creator and attacking contributor but not all teams have a need for that.

Amir

Why do Ole refuse to sub him when nothing is working? Should have been taken off at 45 today and a couple of times before aswell this season.
We all know the answer. Because even when he's not good, he's still our best bet on pulling something special out of nothing. And that's what our attack is based on.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Don’t make me respond to you with Pogba’s stats in his time here...not to mention his period being played as a left winger and us trying every trick in the book for 5 years to try and “get the best out of him”...never in the history of Manchester United football club has there been a single player as void of responsibility for his own inability to justify his wages as Paul Pogba. Always the managers fault for misusing him or the teams fault for not covering him or his midfield partners fault etc etc.

he is a supremely talented and gifted athlete that also happens to be slow on the ball, lacks determination or the guts for a fight and always always goes missing when you need him- Ferguson is a clairvoyant because Pogba would have been berated by any of the leaders we had in the dressing room since the mid 80’s. God knows he has had more than enough chances to justify his place in the team...he hasn’t.
So while Bruno is having a fuking shocker right now...he has done more for Man Utd in less than half the amount of time than Paul Pogba has, not just goals and assists but in terms of leadership and singlehandedly dragging us out of the abyss the January he joined. In my book...that gives him at least a bit of credit for his diabolical form of late.
He didn’t single handidly anything. Martial was player of the year and Greenwood was phenomenal coming into the team. Lockdown happened and prior to that Bruno played 6 games. Some of those cup games. Then Rashford and Pogba came back into the team and we got top four.

Bruno has won nothing in his time here other than personal plaudits for his individual play. Pogba was a major reason for us actually winning trophies. They don’t play anything like the same position and even if they did Bruno is definitely the better goalscorer no doubt about that while Pogba is by far the better at keeping the ball and a better passer than Bruno from deep. One gets absolute hell for poor performances especially in games like today, while the other just doesn’t but has been absolutely woeful for the majority of the last eleven months. ‘Form of late’ nonsense.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

We all know the answer. Because even when he's not good, he's still our best bet on pulling something special out of nothing. And that's what our attack is based on.
Difficult to build a style of play when your central player is completely uninterested of keeping the ball within the team imo.

captaincantona

He didn’t single handidly anything. Martial was player of the year and Greenwood was phenomenal coming into the team. Lockdown happened and prior to that Bruno played 6 games. Some of those cup games. Then Rashford and Pogba came back into the team and we got top four.

Bruno has won nothing in his time here other than personal plaudits for his individual play. Pogba was a major reason for us actually winning trophies. They don’t play anything like the same position and even if they did Bruno is definitely the better goalscorer no doubt about that while Pogba is by far the better at keeping the ball and a better passer than Bruno from deep. One gets absolute hell for poor performances especially in games like today, while the other just doesn’t but has been absolutely woeful for the majority of the last eleven months. ‘Form of late’ nonsense.
Yeah we clearly recall events differently and I’m not for reconsidering Pogba’s time at Utd. If both left tomorrow only one would be considered in any way a success and we know who that would be.

good luck to ya.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeah we clearly recall events differently and I’m not for reconsidering Pogba’s time at Utd. If both left tomorrow only one would be considered in any way a success and we know who that would be.

good luck to ya.
You don’t have to reconsider anything on Pogba it’s fact. That Bruno would be considered a success if he left tomorrow is nothing more than positive regard rather than achievement. Pogba wasn’t really welcomed back and if he performs like Bruno today and we lose 4-1 it’s the subject of the media debates post match. The Atalanta game as the prime example. ‘We have to talk about Paul Pogba’ with a banner of him on display behind. All the pundits having a say. This has a massive bearing on opinion. Bruno doesn’t have that to cope with. He was hands down by some distance the worst player on the pitch today and we lost 4-1 to Watford. He’s been consistently woeful since January yet if you didn’t watch him week in week out youd never know. Pogba has poor ‘recent form’ the world is made aware.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not all of the time but often enough. Keep in mind we played with 10 men today, it would have been more than understandable to become more reserved. Of course the opponents were leading but Watford isnt known for creating chances like crazy, their dribblers are great in transitions but apart from that, I am sure we could have managed them (in fact we did). I am not against "pressing" and I definitely like that Bruno tries stuff and works like a dog. But at some point (and that point in time was more than a year ago for me) all this showboating of fan service has been outweighted by some of the flaws in his game. And praising him for his "pressing" when nobody else did is an answer on that showboating in my eyes. It had absolutely no effect, more often then not he doesn't even do it with great intensity so he rarely gets the ball with it. Pogba, Greenwood and Rashford do the same, look at it next game when they play, they approach the opponent but they just fake a charge so the slightest maneuver takes them out of business. (It is a way of preserving energy, I am fine with that but if we don't have enough players to really go for it then just stop it alltogether.)

Don't think Bruno would walk in any side that values possession slightly over average... Bruno is pretty erratic with his passing and United in the last year and a half suited him to a tee because he had all the freedom to do and try what he wanted. He is a great creator and attacking contributor but not all teams have a need for that.
I personally think you are falling into the trap of thinking Bruno can only perform in one system. He’s a top player and could easily perform under a more possession focussed manager like Pep. He’s very technically good so with some control over his game he could even get better even if that came at the cost of him losing some goals/assists.

Andersons Dietician

I personally think you are falling into the trap of thinking Bruno can only perform in one system. He’s a top player and could easily perform under a more possession focussed manager like Pep. He’s very technically good so with some control over his game he could even get better even if that came at the cost of him losing some goals/assists.
He’s a pretty average passer, not great at finding space ,not good at giving people passing options, not a great dribbler or that good at protecting the ball, so really it’s hard to envision him getting in to a Pep team. He has things he’s good at and things that he simply isn’t.

Personally I think he can be a much better player with some adjustments and returning him back to a number 8 where he’s at his best but these are things that hopefully a manager can educate him on as if he doesn’t start improving these many aspects of his game soon he’ll just be a player who was very talented that didn’t quite reach the heights he could have.

But he’ll never be a player in the ilk of a David Silva, Iniesta, Xavi or KDB.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s a pretty average passer, not great at finding space ,not good at giving people passing options, not a great dribbler or that good at protecting the ball, so really it’s hard to envision him getting in to a Pep team. He has things he’s good at and things that he simply isn’t.

Personally I think he can be a much better player with some adjustments and returning him back to a number 8 where he’s at his best but these are things that hopefully a manager can educate him on as if he doesn’t start improving these many aspects of his game soon he’ll just be a player who was very talented that didn’t quite reach the heights he could have.
:lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You misplaced your glasses that you’ve not witnessed all the balls he puts out of play or passes to the opposition when they are like simple 5 yarders or something?
He’s an inconsistent passer but still capable of hitting passes with a vision and technique that is absolutely world class. Exhibit A: Rashford’s volley today. To describe a player capable of that sort of brilliance as “an average passer” is ludicrous.

Andersons Dietician

He’s an inconsistent passer but still capable of hitting passes with a vision and technique that is absolutely world class. Exhibit A: Rashford’s volley today. To describe a player capable of that sort of brilliance as “an average passer” is ludicrous.
I tend to view players as a whole and not based on one great pass in a 90 minute game. There is no doubt he is capable of the sublime. But really he is sloppy, his passing is often lazy and he takes no care or consideration of where he is passing it to. His short range passing is pretty poor if we are honest. So being an “inconsistent” passer is an average passer.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If you’re in any way familiar with Pogba’s United career there’s no imagination needed, just a functional memory.
I swear the only time you quote me is to disagree with something I say. It's tiresome at this point, and I see no reason to respond in the future.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I tend to view players as a whole and not based on one great pass in a 90 minute game. There is no doubt he is capable of the sublime. But really he is sloppy, his passing is often lazy and he takes no care or consideration of where he is passing it to. His short range passing is pretty poor if we are honest. So being an “inconsistent” passer is an average passer.
Spot on

lost7

His shooting is so inconsistent. Sometimes world class, sometimes can't hit the target when he really should be scoring.

Either way, he will benefit massively once we have a top manager in charge

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Behaving how he did at the end at Sporting. Leaders become more apparent in periods of strife, whereas Bruno loses his composure, cracks under the pressure and shows sign of petulance.

NZT-One

But he’ll never be a player in the ilk of a David Silva, Iniesta, Xavi or KDB.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Bruno is the more or less the incarnation of Moments FC. I don't want to take anything away from him, Brunos instincts are awesome, his vision is freakishly good so he is able to see movement almost behind him and is able to execute a pass. On top of that he is courageous enough to try these balls again and again. He is capable of fantastic things on a pitch but he also is erratic. Which is a known issue, it was mentioned as the reason why we didn't pull the trigger earlier. It might also be a reason of why we didn't have that much of a competition for his signing at that point in time.

A bit like with Pogba it is great to have players like that attacking your opponent but you don't want to rely on them in the builtup or in defending your own goal. That being said, I am sure, Bruno shouldn't be labeled as a problem in this squad, thats just too many factors influencing each other. Another manager definitely can get him to play even better than these days. But I am pretty sure that the output he had will start to decrease under a different management, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it means, he gets better picking his moments and is more of a factor in midfield battles. Right now, it is hard to judge him because of the special character of our system and approach.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Agree with every word.

AFC NimbleThumb

Beginning to think he’s an absolute bell end to be be honest. All drama no substance.
He’s starting to look like a frontrunner in so much as when things are going well he’s a dream to manage but adversity comes & he likes to play act.

I don’t think he’s captain material personally. A tad too extreme.

mikel

I've not felt he's been up to previous standards for some time. I think the overall pace of play is much slower this year and I maybe that is not good for his game - but he has become so sloppy with the ball.

Djemba-Djemba

I think one of the reasons we've been so horrendous this season is Bruno is badly out of form.

He's constantly bailed us out under Ole but now he's struggling.

Silverman

The numbers he has put up since he arrived and people calling him a fraud.
Come on!
He's not in good form but he has the quality to get back to where he was.

BlueHaze

Looks to me like he needs a rest. He's recently been pretty awful not gonna lie. Fair enough most of the team has but a player of his calibre playing this bad is worrying. I don't know if he's knackered or what the issue is here.

He'sRaldo

Another player elevated far above his station.

He's been dire for far longer than Maguire or Shaw for example. The only difference is he's allowed to do whatever he likes and thus can occassionally get on the stats sheet, which for some reason absolves him of months and months of shite.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Looks to me like he needs a rest. He's recently been pretty awful not gonna lie. Fair enough most of the team has but a player of his calibre playing this bad is worrying. I don't know if he's knackered or what the issue is here.
No amount of rest is changing him fundamentally. He needs to be reined in,only then will his performances truly improve

shabz

Bruno has had a great impact on the club, his 2020 was phenomenal and now he's feeling the effects of a burnout.

Needed to be rested more, needed to not be the only creator in the team and needed to be subbed when he's had a bad game.

All the above is the outcome of mismanagement. I'm hopeful a new manager can see the flaws in Ole's use of Bruno in the team and we can see a more productive player over the next few months.

Dante

Average bang
He's a player that plays on instinct.

So when you put him in a defensively vulnerable situation, you have to be sure that his instincts have been trained to know exactly what to do.

The fact he keeps playing stupid passes back to the goalie jut shows how much of a shambles we are at the back. Nobody seems to know what their role is supposed to be. Bruno's backpass was an accident waiting to happen.

RazorOz

Problem is a lot of the formation is setup to accommodate Bruno, so when he then doesn't deliver it's an even bigger problem. Clearly he can play better than he has been, but he shouldn't be seen as some untouchable, it seems he plays no matter what, which really shouldn't be the case given how he's been playing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.