Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That almost 10/10 performance and turned into 6-7/10. It's insane.

RedIan

Guilty of fluffing easy chances other than that he ran the game. Had he scored the open goal he would have been motm.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The only thing more shocking then them giving that frankly ridiculous goal was him missing that sitter.

Greck

Jeex We played against Boro. We lost because the 3 players closest to goal bottled every opportunity we made for them of which Bruno was part. The expectation is to get it done not do some things right enroute to bottling the result. In technique Bruno can be incredibly inconsistent over 90 minutes, very hit or miss. Tonight we had enough opportunities that control wasn't a problem and they still couldn't get it done. Maybe bottling cups is in the team's DNA, I don't know how they manage to pull defeats out of nowhere

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Never criticized him before because he had tons of good will built up. However, he was horrible today. Almost as if he was playing for the other team. It was easier for him to score than to miss that chance.

Frank Grimes

Started well but no excuses for that chance he missed in the 2nd half.
Apart from that 2nd goal v Villa his finishing has been worryingly bad for some time now. Missed a sitter v Brentford too.

Edit: Forgot about his chance in the 1st half too. That was another great chance wasted.

Last edited:

He had a great game but all anybody will remember is that sitter.

Dante

Average bang
He was really good today. After a few weeks of being off-form, I thought today was actually quite an encouraging display.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Never criticized him before because he had tons of good will built up. However, he was horrible today. Almost as if he was playing for the other team. It was easier for him to score than to miss that chance.
What? So you just discount the plethora of chances he created and attacking plays he initiated?

Wing Attack Plan R

I think he’s trying to do too much. He spreads himself too thin, trying to stop every counter and start every attack. He needs Ralf to get him to play in a smaller range, do fewer things but do them better. As in, he always looks spent. Reminds me of early Rooney, who later had to be told to stay up and let others do their jobs to maximize his strengths. Feel Bruno can be our best player if he’s not carrying water for half the team.

Litch

I can’t measure his performance in the same way as others because the bar is set higher. I know ‘fan maths’ will point to all the numbers which are ridiculous but football is often measured by key moments. The miss ultimately was one of those moments that influenced the outcome of the game. I like him a lot but he’s not the ‘guy’, best supporting actor in the world but not been the difference when it truly matters enough times in turning those moments into wins.

Also there is a dynamic between him and CR that at times just doesn’t feel right.

captaincantona

How’s things man? Any news...Did you see the football last night?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That miss was horrible, really. But it isnt so hard to work out why he missed.

It wasnt't an "open goal", the keeper had covered the right side of it whilst moving to the opposite side. Bruno tried to get the ball to move away from him so that it's unreachable for the keeper. He did this too strongly and missed.

If he had more composure he might have passed to Ronaldo, tricked the keeper or just blasted it through the middle.

Bristol_Red_87

If he had more composure he might have passed to Ronaldo, tricked the keeper or just blasted it through the middle.
This is the hugely frustrating thing with Bruno. Watch his penalty and you'd imagine he oozes composure with every stroke of a football, but often he rushes his decision and as a result, can often make the wrong one.

The chance he blasted over in the first half was indicative of this...clearly thought he was offside so didn't think there was anything riding on it!

He is possibly the most infuriating footballer I've seen at United as he'll range from the sublime to the rediculous in a mere matter of seconds.

Better decision making would see him elevated to that next level although on the upside, his performances in the past few games have been much improved.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was good. General play was great as he played smart and not Hollywood, got an assist and could've had more. The misses were obviously bad but I found everything else to be promising.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he was good. General play was great as he played smart and not Hollywood, got an assist and could've had more. The misses were obviously bad but I found everything else to be promising.
I agree….his overall performance was good particularly first half. The ball for Sancho didn’t really get talked about and he does seem to be reigning in the Hollywood and getting back to form finally.

But his misses were costly. You just have to take those chances…the second one is criminal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree….his overall performance was good particularly first half. The ball for Sancho didn’t really get talked about and he does seem to be reigning in the Hollywood and getting back to form finally.

But his misses were costly. You just have to take those chances…the second one is criminal.
Honestly, I found his performance last night to be much more promising than his performances where he'll lose the ball trying too much but score, leading to people overlooking how much his general game hindered us.

Misses were definitely terrible and deserve criticism, but, overall, I thought this was a step in the right direction. Just have to hope he can keep it up and replicate it against higher level opposition because, make no mistake, Middlesbrough were crap last night. Reminiscent of Portsmouth 2008!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Honestly, I found his performance last night to be much more promising than his performances where he'll lose the ball trying too much but score, leading to people overlooking how much his general game hindered us.

Misses were definitely terrible and deserve criticism, but, overall, I thought this was a step in the right direction. Just have to hope he can keep it up and replicate it against higher level opposition because, make no mistake, Middlesbrough were crap last night. Reminiscent of Portsmouth 2008!
I agree….his last three performances have been really promising I think. On form he’s such a good player and so creative….off form he’s a nightmare. If he can stay in form till the end of the season it will be massive for us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree….his last three performances have been really promising I think. On form he’s such a good player and so creative….off form he’s a nightmare. If he can stay in form till the end of the season it will be massive for us.
We can only hope, mate! It'll be damn good timing if he does get back into form, though. We're going to need every bit of help we can muster if we're going to salvage something from this season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Just needed a toe poke. Bruno's finishing since Brentford has been shocking.

Mickson

He is clutch but a vastly overrated footballer. Pep would bench him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is clutch but a vastly overrated footballer. Pep would bench him.
Seeing that made me wonder about players that were a bit like that. Arshavin came to mind?

Joel Miller

I actually thought he played really well overall, but my god that miss was inexcusable. There’s no way he misses that last season.

Amira

He tries really hard and that makes me like him. However his constant whining is annoying.

Also he seems to just hit balls sometimes rather than a measured attempt at a pass.

Nicolarra90

Just needed a toe poke. Bruno's finishing since Brentford has been shocking.
Not as easy chance as everyone suggests. Specially because Bruno decided to use his inner side of the foot, then he saw the keeper closing the angle very well and probably panicked and went for a very tight shot.

I agree, a fast toe poke through the middle was enough. In hindsight probably the best choice was to pass to Ronaldo, but it was hard to see live that he was onside.

SonyaCross493

Amazing really. I'd love to know his secret. Playing in the most physically demanding area of the pitch in the midfield engine room where potential leg breaking tackles are flying in etc the way he landed on his back against Boro looked bad, but it looks like he's made a full recovery and will start against Burnley.

genetics have blessed him well, but it also must be lifestyle etc

Bruno hardly ever gets rested by any manager either. He plays nearly every game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Started well. By the end bang average. Not sure he was entirely to blame for that though. We fell off a cliff second half.

Bwuk

Created 7 chances tonight. Frontlines letting us down badly.

Woodenlung

I don't think we score our goal without his first touch pass to Sancho. It really took the Burnley defence out of the game.

He's playing quite similarly to how he always has. He's extremely wasteful in the ball, but you persist with him because he can create a lot of chances. The big difference now is that we're not finishing them. He also looks very frustrated. I'd have a slight concern that he might look to move this summer or the one after if things don't improve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played well again. I like him in the midfield 3 too. Definitely going to put any criticisms here down to overreaction about the result and not anything about his actual game, which was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.