5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Why is he always moaning at his teammates when his own passes were just shite and not accurate? Pisses me off when i see him do that every game

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why is he always moaning at his teammates when his own passes were just shite and not accurate? Pisses me off when i see him do that every game
Yeah noticed this as well

Thought he was very good in the first half, faded in the second like most of the team really. That second half performance was notably worse for most individuals and the entire team.

Still can't shake the feeling that we are actually building towards something this recent weeks despite disappointing results.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was bossing it in the first half, but faded in the second half. I want to see video of his oerformance from the first half, I thought it was one of better performances this season.

JoaquinJoaquin

When you go back and see his level of performance when he first joined to now, he is a shadow of that player.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Needs to control his passing. There is a reason why football games are not like cricket score. Need to pick and choose hollywood pass moment better. This separate good from world class players

FattyFooty

We blame Greenwood, Pogba, Ronaldo, Maguire, Rashford and Martial. Its kinda wierd how many times he miss passes, he also very often slows our game down with poor passes behind the player moving forward.

I think Bruno also is a part of our problem.

Born2Lose

We blame Greenwood, Pogba, Ronaldo, Maguire, Rashford and Martial. Its kinda wierd how many times he miss passes, he also very often slows our game down with poor passes behind the player moving forward.

Joint top now in the league with TAA for key passes per game with 2.9, KdB on 2.4. Bruno made 7 key passes last night.

If he played for City or Liverpool he'd have got one or two assists out of those. Bruno has 5 assists, TAA 10.

If you transfer listed all those players you've put down and included Bruno, I suspect common sense would tell most people who would be top of Pep and Klopp's list.

Mickson

Joint top now in the league with TAA for key passes per game with 2.9, KdB on 2.4. Bruno made 7 key passes last night.

If he played for City or Liverpool he'd have got one or two assists out of those. Bruno has 5 assists, TAA 10.

If you transfer listed all those players you've put down and included Bruno, I suspect common sense would tell most people who would be top of Pep and Klopp's list.
Haha they would NEVER play Bruno instead of the players they have. Pep would lose the little hair he still has left when Bruno keeps giving the ball away with bad touches and decisions.

FattyFooty

Im pretty sure they prefer the players they have.

Those stats dont show how often he miss passes, or miss fires. I know he has good stats.
But they kinda overshadow many very poor games. And like i said, i know there are many problems, but saying he is the only not to blame is wrong.

Devil may care

He was lively in spells and made a great defensive contribution in the 1st half, tracking a runner that had left Maguire for dead on one of his jaunts up the pitch, but he's not a great fit when you want to retain possession as a unit, he's forcing things all of the time.

Sylar

Needs to control his passing. There is a reason why football games are not like cricket score. Need to pick and choose hollywood pass moment better. This separate good from world class players
I think this wont happen unfortunately. But I agree with you. Sometimes you need to recycle the ball and retain it, and work the opposition.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I enjoyed his game personally, and I think he’s played very well of late in a more withdrawn role. He’s a chance creating machine too. I didn’t think he could do the CM role, and I’d still need to see more, but I am optimistic of him as an 8 now.

Tbh, I think Rangnick is making us look like a football team slowly but surely. We are getting towards the point where it can be clearly seen that it is the quality of certain individuals that is letting us down more than an inherent inability to play ball. That’s a decent place to be, and an easy problem to fix.

Joel Miller

I actually think he’s starting to come back to form a bit now. Some of his deliveries into the box have been fantastic, and he’s look more assertive in that midfield again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I enjoyed his game personally, and I think he’s played very well of late in a more withdrawn role. He’s a chance creating machine too. I didn’t think he could do the CM role, and I’d still need to see more, but I am optimistic of him as an 8 now.

Tbh, I think Rangnick is making us look like a football team slowly but surely. We are getting towards the point where it can be clearly seen that it is the quality of certain individuals that is letting us down more than an inherent inability to play ball. That’s a decent place to be, and an easy problem to fix.
Agree. The erratic passing is gone now and he is more careful in possession. A bit like KDB transformation in Peps first season (not from an ability standpoint).

Think he is still our best player.

chiz2kul

one of those meaningless stats that never tell the whole picture.
And zero chance he would be top of Peps or Klopps list.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agree. The erratic passing is gone now and he is more careful in possession. A bit like KDB transformation in Peps first season (not from an ability standpoint).

Think he is still our best player.
Indeed. His vision has always been superb, my issue was always more with his selection and that I didn’t think his shorter game was good enough. He’s showing other strings now though. I do think he’s a bit lightweight for the real hustle and bustle of the centre of midfield though. I feel you either have to be stronger or be one of those low centre of gravity midfielders that nobody can get near. But he’s certainly playing a good midfield role. I couldn’t care less whether he is scoring 20 a season. He’s a midfielder first and foremost and I want to see him help us to control football matches. We are doing that as well as we have done for a long time at the moment.

captaincantona

Yeah I think he is looking much better, more controlled and with a better frontline, making runs and showing for the ball he might not feel the need to push for the unlikely passes he still tries a bit too often. He is slowly becoming more refined. Let’s be honest, Dalot didn’t get forward, Shaw vanished as an attacking quantity second half, Cavani and Rashford were non existent. That’s not a lot to work with. Until Rashford is back on form- we can’t really rely on Edi or Ronny so Bruno will ultimately be key.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
one of those meaningless stats that never tell the whole picture.
And zero chance he would be top of Peps or Klopps list.
I mean, Klopp would absolutely adore him as a player with his mix of ability and work rate, and he'd suit this Liverpool team perfectly. He doesn't suit Pep so much but I'm sure Pep would be fine with him if he didn't have De Bruyne.

You won't find many stats that don't paint Bruno as a top class player.

Valencia Shin Crosses

His constant need to play as essentially a striker especially when he starts getting tired kills us as the game goes on. He can do it in the first half of games constantly running beyond our forwards because he can still get back into position, but as he tires it just ends up as him drifting forward to make those runs while disrupting the midfield shape.

Playing like this will never see us sustain success because it's way too off the cuff, and leaves whoever else in midfield for dead if the other team can transition.

bosnian_red

Agree, though given our transfer history, not sure it's such an easy problem to fix! Have a feeling that we'll fix the midfield but be a good team without a striker for a while.

Bruno i think is best as the most advanced of a midfield 3 anyway. Been saying it for ages, I don't think he'll ever be controlled enough for the middle guy, and he's very much a guy that always looks to up the tempo, but he's class at it. What we need is the middle guy (Bennacer?) and the DM behind them (Tchouameni the obvious dream, but Kamara an easy free signing that would fit well too).

Basically, Id have a huge sense of optimism in a team like:
Rashford - Cf - Sancho
Bennacer Bruno
Kamara
Shaw Maguire Varane Dalot
De Gea
Obviously it has its issues, we could go for Mazraoui at RB especially with Ten Hag as coach to step it up a bit more, but as a well balanced footballing team, I'd say it's of a very high level and players who suit each other well and capable of playing technical, controlling football. Needs that center forward to turn it into a top team though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agree, though given our transfer history, not sure it's such an easy problem to fix! Have a feeling that we'll fix the midfield but be a good team without a striker for a while.

Bruno i think is best as the most advanced of a midfield 3 anyway. Been saying it for ages, I don't think he'll ever be controlled enough for the middle guy, and he's very much a guy that always looks to up the tempo, but he's class at it. What we need is the middle guy (Bennacer?) and the DM behind them (Tchouameni the obvious dream, but Kamara an easy free signing that would fit well too).

Basically, Id have a huge sense of optimism in a team like:
Rashford - Cf - Sancho
Bennacer Bruno
Kamara
Shaw Maguire Varane Dalot
De Gea
Obviously it has its issues, we could go for Mazraoui at RB especially with Ten Hag as coach to step it up a bit more, but as a well balanced footballing team, I'd say it's of a very high level and players who suit each other well and capable of playing technical, controlling football. Needs that center forward to turn it into a top team though.
Indeed. The thing is, I think there is a subtle, but important difference between the midfield 3 and the 4321 role he was previously playing. While he was racking up great numbers there, we were not enjoying the control as a team that we have done in recent games, and there is only so far a team will go with such a setup IMO. As the most advanced in a 3, I like it, but it must be part of the midfield unit first and foremost, not the forward unit.

I also share your concerns about CF, although I am more optimistic than most that we can get Haaland if we make 4th place. And there’s not enough Rice in your midfield for me!

bosnian_red

Indeed. The thing is, I think there is a subtle, but important difference between the midfield 3 and the 4321 role he was previously playing. While he was racking up great numbers there, we were not enjoying the control as a team that we have done in recent games, and there is only so far a team will go with such a setup IMO. As the most advanced in a 3, I like it, but it must be part of the midfield unit first and foremost, not the forward unit.

I also share your concerns about CF, although I am more optimistic than most that we can get Haaland if we make 4th place. And there’s not enough Rice in your midfield for me!
Yeah, just putting Bruno deeper rather than as a 10 he would naturally play a bit differently. By most advanced of the 3 I mean naturally he'd be the most attack minded/creative/final ball guy, whereas the others around should be more tempo controllers/progressors IMO.

Haaland would be a dream but I don't see it. Think he's gonna go to City sadly. As for Rice... He's class, but also 100m +, which considering we need 2 starting midfielders and a CF without a doubt, and then probably a RB and some other depth positions too, just seems unwise.

Like would you rather we spent 100m on Rice and struggle to get a striker in and not get a #8 in, or get Kamara in on a free who has huge potential and a good current level, in addition to buying Bennacer for like 50m max, and finally having a midfield 3 with sufficient depth in Fred, McTominay and Hannibal? Then have the freedom to spend big on a striker knowing you did well with the midfield too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, just putting Bruno deeper rather than as a 10 he would naturally play a bit differently. By most advanced of the 3 I mean naturally he'd be the most attack minded/creative/final ball guy, whereas the others around should be more tempo controllers/progressors IMO.

Haaland would be a dream but I don't see it. Think he's gonna go to City sadly. As for Rice... He's class, but also 100m +, which considering we need 2 starting midfielders and a CF without a doubt, and then probably a RB and some other depth positions too, just seems unwise.

Like would you rather we spent 100m on Rice and struggle to get a striker in and not get a #8 in, or get Kamara in on a free who has huge potential and a good current level, in addition to buying Bennacer for like 50m max, and finally having a midfield 3 with sufficient depth in Fred, McTominay and Hannibal? Then have the freedom to spend big on a striker knowing you did well with the midfield too.
I’m not in the group of people that thinks that if we buy Rice we will not buy any other quality players. There’s nothing to suggest that. So I want Rice. And a quality striker. I’d much rather get Rice and Haaland anyway, for example, than buy 11 new players for the same price who are not as good. And I don’t see why we couldn’t get Rice and Kessie, then Haaland and Mazraoui. I’m also fine with bringing Hannibal, Garner and Laird into the squad in a meaningful way. Laird, in particular, is good enough to fight for first choice IMO.

Greck

It's because he wants to slow the player down so he can get the ball back on the overlap. I absolutely can't stand this and wonder if no one sees it or just don't mind it. Problem with Bruno is he always wants to be the one on the final ball to the point where it often makes no sense. A number 10 can't be unwise or they hold back attacks. I guarantee you City's players would have more assists/chances created if they took this approach but they don't as it's not what's best for the team. Pep or any modern manager wouldn't allow this kind of play. The key is to get a manager who is confident enough in his own chance creation system to tell players to make selfless passes where they help the team and bench them if they don't.

edit I also think his chemistry with Ronaldo brings out his worst qualities since he doesn't help in phases of play and now isn't even a good enough goalscorer to justify. Don't get me wrong though, the issues overlap but Bruno's issues are still based on flaws that are already there with or without Ronaldo.

Last edited:
Man Utd 1:1 Southampton

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
insufferable. Classic big fish, small pond player. Gives away the ball every fecking time trying no-hope passes, we cannot build any momentum at all with this chancer ruining every single move.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great ball on the goal, but once again as is so often the problem he causes so many problems. It’s a wonder to think if he could be part of a great side. He’s definitely a good player for an Ole type set up.

lost7

Why did he try a 50 yards long ball every time he had the ball in the second half? Pissed me off so much

Augustus Gloop

69% pass completion says it all. He just thumps the sh*t out of the ball and more often than not it ends up with the opposing team.

Brophs

The One and Only
His head went in the second half. As it so often does when he’s frustrated.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just went back to kick and hope in the second half. Forced it way too much. As a result, we couldn't find our flow and build attacks. Very frustrating today!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s massively limited in any position other than the no.10/second striker spot. You accommodate his horrific passing percentages and his inability to dribble/carry the ball because he’s able to score and assist at an astronomical rate in the no.10 role.

When he’s not doing that, yeah, he’s a bit of a problem.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Bruno ball is very bad when it doesn’t come off. The bit towards the end where he’s now playing CM knowing he has no cover behind him - he’s on the edge of their box and he has an easy pass wide - instead of doing it he tries an impossible hero ball pass centrally that inevitably gets blocked and Southampton have a 5 on 3 that they feck up summed it all up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.