5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

He was the only one creating and everything positive came from him. Ofcourse the extremely smart posters here can't see how we much we sucked creatively after he left the field. This team is dead without him, full of players with no balls and they just hide.

flameinthesun

Said this before, Bruno is our version of the Chelsea Juan Mata. He racks up nice stats to the detriment of the success of the team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said this before, Bruno is our version of the Chelsea Juan Mata. He racks up nice stats to the detriment of the success of the team.
I've thought this, too, but Mata helped Chelsea win three trophies.

we're never winning anything with Bruno in the starting 11. Maybe as a super sub.

El Jefe

Today was one of his best big game performances and he was still shite.

Can't wait till he leave this club to be honest. Sick of his style of play and his childlike behaviour.

MS4

Today was one of his best big game performances and he was still shite.

Can't wait till he leave this club to be honest. Sick of his style of play and his childlike behaviour.
Take a deep breath and relax.
How will we line up? Back 4 only consisting of Varane, Midfield nobody I guess and Forwards only Sancho and Ronaldo. We cant line up only 5 players.

Greck

He put in another abysmal performance to join the abysmal games that ended our FA cup hopes, top 4 hopes and CL qf hopes and people are still pretending this is a player to build around. Fanboy favourite can't just be a decent option, we have to build around a big game choker. This was his biggest game in a United shirt and he didn't make it to 70 minutes. Let him be what he is, a decent player not a pivotal one..

PoTMS

Why did we start him? We looked better without him against Spurs.

lost7

Mentality midget. As soon as things start not going our way, he completely loses the plot. Even so, I would have kept him on because we literally don't create anything without him

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good pass to Elanga, could be an assist. Suprised to see almost no long distance shots from him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He put in another abysmal performance to join the abysmal games that ended our FA cup hopes, top 4 hopes and CL qf hopes and people are still pretending this is a player to build around. Fanboy favourite can't just be a decent option, we have to build around a big game choker. This was his biggest game in a United shirt and he didn't make it to 70 minutes.
Hadn’t thought of it like that but yeah wow….his performances v Middlesbrough, v Watford (and others) and tonight have been very costly.

Mainoldo

Mentality midget. As soon as things start not going our way, he completely loses the plot. Even so, I would have kept him on because we literally don't create anything without him
That’s the main issue. He’s our main creator but never turns up against good teams. Maybe we need to fix. This player issue.

Frank Grimes

His whinging at refs is so annoying. I remember hating when teammates did this playing U15 football ffs. How can professional footballers think it's a good idea.

Also he has played shite for ages. Bad season for him.

MattofManchester

When's the last time anybody saw him actually regularly occupying that 10 role in the spaces?

He's always too wide, or too deep, or the furthest forward. Just stop.

Back to basics. He is a 10. One of the most complete 10s in the game. Just play the fecking role.

I'm sick of seeing him pop up everywhere and struggle to influence the game.

He spends more time wide or making runs in behind than anything else. He's the only creative spark in the team, so we need him where he is most fecking creative.

Needs a mental reset too. Out of form, but he needs to calm down, stop being so desperate, and return to his traditional role.

Longshanks

He gets to emotional when things start going wrong and then his decision making goes to pot. I think that's why he came off, but I would of kept him on because he is a player that even when it is all going wrong is capable of pulling something out of the bag.

Posh Red

I’m not trying to be mean, but is he a bit of a ‘shit Rooney’? Seems to have the same hot-headedness and directness, but without the same level of quality.

RedDevil250

He would fit well on Atletico with his antics but he is nowhere near as good as anyone in their midfield, including Joao Felix.

Valencia Shin Crosses

When's the last time anybody saw him actually regularly occupying that 10 role in the spaces?

He's always too wide, or too deep, or the furthest forward. Just stop.

Back to basics. He is a 10. One of the most complete 10s in the game. Just play the fecking role.

I'm sick of seeing him pop up everywhere and struggle to influence the game.

He spends more time wide or making runs in behind than anything else. He's the only creative spark in the team, so we need him where he is most fecking creative.

Needs a mental reset too. Out of form, but he needs to calm down, stop being so desperate, and return to his traditional role.
He hasn't played as an actual 10 in like 2 years almost. After that first season he's just allowed to do whatever he wants and whinge whenever he wants.

EtH

I’m not trying to be mean, but is he a bit of a ‘shit Rooney’? Seems to have the same hot-headedness and directness, but without the same level of quality.
Whinging while playing Hollywood balls. Not exactly anything resembling Rooney. More like a shit Gerrard.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't really like the guy very much. He dives all the time and complains constantly.

If I throw 1000 darts at a dart board and hit the bullseye once am I a good darts player? He is not measured enough and his contributions are balanced out by his poor possesion play.

He does try though and plays with passion and desire. That makes him the best player at Utd with a team full of *****.

jem

I wish that were the case - Mata lifted the CL and Europa League trophies with Chelsea.

Gottabekiddingme

There's a video going around Twitter showing how he lost possession 39 (!) times during the 2 legs. 39 (!!!!!!!!!!!).

Wish I could post it.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
As another poster stated I think he's performing more like a "Gerrard" pre Benitez , a Hollywood style captain fantastic that tries to do everything but In doing so hurts the team more than he helps it. The only problem with that comparison is that Gerrard thrived in a lot of big game situations.

I think what Bruno needs is a strong coach that can tame him and teach him when to keep it simple and when to go Hollywood.

Gerrard massively benefited from being placed in a free role behind the striker but also In a cohesive structure, his chaos was organised by Alonso/ Mascherano and the fact that Benitez was uncompromising in his approach.

Give him a strong manager, an off the shoulder clinical striker to link up with, some defensive solidarity behind him and workrate on the wings and it may be worth persevering with him.

His stats will suffer but your silverware will increase.

I think if Bruno was in something like this (with a manager who could channel his talent)

-----------Haaland
Sancho Bruno Elanga
---------Rice Philips
Shaw Varane Linde Tripp
-----------Martinez

You would see a new and better Bruno.

(Forgive the fantasy football you could substitute any players you like who share similar characteristics with those players)

If not I don't really know how you will be able to win anything major with him because although I can see his talent he is extremely frustrating due to his inconsistent passing and his frankly terrible whinging attitude.

Due to the fact I'm not a United fan and have no real loyalty with him I would already be thinking about shipping him out while his stock is high and building around Sancho but I understand why he is a fan favorite and a large portion of the fan base would see that as a step backward.

afatzp

Bruno seems very difficult to coach into playing in a system. He follows his gut feeling and "helps" the team in his own way.

Rangnick started to play him as No.8 since our away win against Brentford , hoped he could play deeper to control the midfield and leave room to Ronaldo at the upper area. He seemed disciplined a bit for couple games , then started to show "withdrawal symptom" from addiction to his free role Ole had granted him: roaming to press keepers time-to-time, or staying up at No.10 without tracking back, or overlapping his movement with Ronaldo to poach goal opportunities. He would initiate a pressing from nowhere all by himself and run way out of position, hoping his teammates to follow, then show frustration about no one following with him. However the high pressing supposedly led by the forward closest to the ball and Bruno's role as No.8 should intercept the routes of passing forward and recoup the balls.

Bruno might think he was helping the team by spending legs on initiating the pressing / running into the box / launching through passes, but in reality he did not play his role as a team and refuse to execute game plan, so arrogant or self-centered to think that his way is the way and the whole team should accommodate accordingly.

Then of course when things did not go well, he just can't stop whining on the pitch, spreading nerves and anxiety among the whole team. when he got dispossessed, it was always the "fouls" that were let go by the Ref.

Bruno was so over-rated or hyped for his stats , while all those quality players like De Bruyne / Mane could achieve Bruno's stats but they choose not to as they play for the team and fulfil their roles. There was reasons Sporting won title right after Bruno gone , and never near it when Bruno produced super star stats.

Spur at least had the gut to drop Lo Celso / Ndombele / Deli Ali although they were spent fortune on or hyped to high value. Until the day Man Utd could drop Bruno, we could not see team football like all those top teams .

marktan

He was the only one creating and everything positive came from him. Ofcourse the extremely smart posters here can't see how we much we sucked creatively after he left the field. This team is dead without him, full of players with no balls and they just hide.
Agreed.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bruno has never performed in big games for us.

Pogba was a key player in the last two cups we won, and has had good games against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.
Are you really arguing that Pogba is better in big games for us than Bruno?

I mean, it's fair to blame Bruno because he has been disappointing, but Pogba not only that he was shite for years against big teams, he also many times missed those games under different managers because he was dropped or magically injured just day before those games. If I remember well he played something like just 2-3 games in first 2-3 seasons against Liverpool and City. And he was one of worst players in those games too.

Greck

Our attack degraded because of Rashford and other worse players than Bruno who have no future at the club. It wasn't exactly the same setup. Even then it was still just a sidestep from losing the ball and looking like we weren't going to score to losing the ball and looking like we weren't going to score. People shouldn't suggest Bruno was the best of a bad bunch tonight when he wasn't even the best midfielder on the pitch. That was Fred. Of all the nights to put others down.

Also if trying things outside your talent bracket was worthy of praise Rashford would win MotM every week. The game had no shortage of poor performers trying and failing such as Sancho. There was a shortage of quality but not bravery. Bruno didn't even live up to this aspect perfectly brcause he kept giving up on plays to go beg and fight the refs. It wasn't exactly a good display of heart from him.

Last edited:

stw2022

He’s flying under the radar in terms of criticism. Not convinced we get any more from him than we do Pogba in terms of consistency. When we’re under pressure and chasing a goal he’s sloppy and erratic with his passing

Verward

I love him but in recent time his on field behaviour really irritates me. He can protest but keep it for the break not when ball is still in play.
Yesterday after foul on Elanga which was not given, he was busy complaining rather than getting back to his position and his moaning distract other players too. Result, we conceded immediately.
Great player but needs to get more disciplined and control his passion.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are you really arguing that Pogba is better in big games for us than Bruno?

I mean, it's fair to blame Bruno because he has been disappointing, but Pogba not only that he was shite for years against big teams, he also many times missed those games under different managers because he was dropped or magically injured just day before those games. If I remember well he played something like just 2-3 games in first 2-3 seasons against Liverpool and City. And he was one of worst players in those games too.
I am!

Don't get me wrong; Pogba has had a lot of big game stinkers, too. He's far from perfect. However, at least he's had some big performances in big games here. That performance against City, another against City in the league cup (1-0 victory at home), that Chelsea game where Lukaku actually scored against a big team, a few against Arsenal, the Ajax final, etc.

Mata was surrounded by far better players at Chelsea than Bruno is at United
I don't think there is much difference. They finished 6th (behind Newcastle) for a reason. The stars just aligned for them in Europe.

slored1

Anyone blaming Bruno for yesterday needs to get their head checked. Thought he played OK and was involved a lot. Pogba came on instead of him and we fell apart right away.

Gordon Godot

Anyone blaming Bruno for yesterday needs to get their head checked. Thought he played OK and was involved a lot. Pogba came on instead of him and we fell apart right away.
Bruno may not be the problem but he also doesnt at present seem to be the solution. Dont think it really works with him and Ronaldo for a start.We see what some better defenders can against a 37 year old for a start. As for Pogba, I would leave him in the reserves until his contract expires, absolute p*ss take at preset

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I wish he'd stop moaning at the ref and just get on with it. I believe Bruno is a great player but he needs coaching, just look at how disciplined Greizman's performance was yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.