5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueRed79

I honestly cheered when he was subbed last night. All that moaning on top of wretched passing and decision making was unbearable to watch. When he's not on it, his bottom level is absolutely awful. Have serious reservations about him after this season.

Corridor of Uncertainty

There's probably a reason he was playing for Sporting in his mid 20s.

Terrible retention of the ball and a ghost in any big game. We've got too many things to fix in the summer for him to be on the list, but he's not the answer long term.

Guapa

Sorry to say he just isn't living up to the early promise.
I think he could still come good though so I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
Needs to simplify his game and quit the gesturing.

Canagel

He has successfully regressed to our level. Hardly a surprise. That's what we do to good players. Sancho is next in line.
Why are we acting like he is above "our level"? He is 27 and didn't play a CL knockout game in his career until these two legs then dropped two stinkers in them. He is a Europa league level player. It's not like he was winning titles before we bought him or even performing in the CL and after Sporting won the league without him one can argue that it is us that are regressing ourselves to his level by making him our main star.

SATA

Top class moaner and penalty taker. Other than that, pretty much average though he’s capable of a wonder goal or assist every now and then based on his stats. Send him back to Sporting and get back our money, we won’t miss him much

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why are we acting like he is above "our level"? He is 27 and didn't play a CL knockout game in his career until these two legs then dropped two stinkers in them. He is a Europa league level player. It's not like he was winning titles before we bought him or even performing in the CL and after Sporting won the league without him one can argue that it is us that are regressing ourselves to his level by making him our main star.
Indeed, I hate this inference too. ‘He’s regressed to the level of the rest of the team’. He came from the third best team in Portugal at 26, in which we won a transfer battle with Spurs. He hadn’t established himself as above the level of United at all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m sure whatever you were called I was called worse. ‘Agenda posting’ for a start. From very early I was on to him.
It was easy to see from the beginning but since he was productive, we just closed our eyes and accepted his shortcomings but now that the goals and assists have dried up

MoskvaRed

Exactly. In the Fergie era, we would have dismissed him as a Spurs level player - can look like a world beater occasionally but his general level is Europa league. Unlike Maguire and AWB, however, I think we would recoup the transfer fee from a club like Newcastle.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We had some players who helped us during these troubling times. They were players who deserved a lot more than we provided. Amongst those are de gea, Bruno, mata etc.

But unfortunately, it is probably time we accept that he will never win a cup with us.

united for life

Top class moaner and penalty taker. Other than that, pretty much average though he’s capable of a wonder goal or assist every now and then based on his stats. Send him back to Sporting and get back our money, we won’t miss him much
yes, take away his goals and assists over the last couple of years also. Let’s settle for a mid table team.

he moans too much. I agree with that

Kag

He was very good during the first half and we looked considerably worse when he left the field. Clearly doesn’t feed the narrative that he is somehow the problem, however.

TsuWave

all facts

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was very good during the first half and we looked considerably worse when he left the field. Clearly doesn’t feed the narrative that he is somehow the problem, however.
He’s not “the problem”. We have much more pressing issues. But he’s also not part of a “solution” for any team looking to build a title challenging squad and system.

caid

He’s not “the problem”. We have much more pressing issues. But he’s also not part of a “solution” for any team looking to build a title challenging squad and system.
You might be right but i'd prefer to wait till we have something vaguely resembling a title challenging squad before i write him off. Hes one of very few players who has earned the benefit of the doubt for the time being in my view.

united for life

Tactical anarchy. Uncoachable.
put proper consistent CMs behind him in an overall performing team and he’s magic. We’ve seen how good he can be. He’s too often too deep for a number 10 because the CMs almost never pass the ball forward.

his moaning and complaining on the pitch needs to stop.

Red_Manc_M15

Like the above poster has said he needs better CM behind him. We can't write him off as bobbins when he transformed our team when he came in. Personally I don't mind the whinging shows he cares, unlike others.

lost7

Like the above poster has said he needs better CM behind him. We can't write him off as bobbins when he transformed our team when he came in. Personally I don't mind the whinging shows he cares, unlike others.
I disagree, his whining not only gets to his head and affects his performance, but also doesn't help the team. He clearly needs to mature as a player as mentally he's actually very easy to unsettle.

To everyone who says he should never start or that we should get rid of him, though, that is insanity. He's been our beacon of light the few times we've done something good in the past 2 years

jem

I disagree, his whining not only gets to his head and affects his performance, but also doesn't help the team. He clearly needs to mature as a player as mentally he's actually very easy to unsettle.

To everyone who says he should never start or that we should get rid of him, though, that is insanity. He's been our beacon of light the few times we've done something good in the past 2 years
Yeah it's too early to give up on him, but the whining needs to stop. It's seriously infuriating. It made me reflect back on that spat he had with Lindelof towards the end of his first season. Suddenly, I'm a bit more sympathetic towards Lindelof.

Caesar2290

Peak Caf commentary...

Has a couple of good games: he is better than KDB

Has a couple of bad games: he is a Europa League player

I dread to think what threads would be like if Scholes and Carrick would be playing today...

Sylar

I think many are harsh on him, and it doesnt help how shit we are. Hes not one to drag us from mediocrity into a title winning team
Although he has dragged us from mediocrity into CL finishes.

The one thing is, as shit as he can be, and as annoying and petty he can be with his moaning and diving, he still gives it his all. He still wants to win. He still tries to get the ball back. I do think weve been over reliant on him and he forces things too much, But we have so many more issues to resolve before him.

Corridor of Uncertainty

What's the rush? His current deal runs until 2025 and we have an option of extending it by a year.

Last edited:

united for life

What's the rush? His current deal runs until 2025 and we have an option of extending it by a year.
our wage structure is the issue. The likes of de gea, varane, sancho, cavani and pogba earn freakish wages. He’s arguably our best player for the last 2 years, can’t get less than others.

not right, not healthy, but it is what it is unfortunately

He will want to leave the club, even if his contract has years left. He’s our best player and probably doesn’t want to be playing in the Europa League. It’s an insult to Bruno when we sign Sancho for 375k a week. We keep setting these crazy precedents

Corridor of Uncertainty

our wage structure is the issue. The likes of de gea, varane, sancho, cavani and pogba earn freakish wages. He’s arguably our best player for the last 2 years, can’t get less than others.

not right, not healthy, but it is what it is unfortunately
I don't agree with that.

At some point, the club needs to get a handle on this. Under Woodward, it's been allowed to spiral out of control, and it needs reigning in. Yesterday.

We can't keep saying "well De Gea is on £375,000 a week, Bruno you've been one of our better players the last 2 seasons, you can have what Dave is earning". It's a recipe for disaster, and what will continue to happen is new players will come to the club, impress for a couple of seasons and then we'll cave and give them what the other top top earners are getting paid. It'll be an endless cycle.

If there's one thing Arnold can do, it's to separate himself from the Woodward regime and make it known to players representatives that they will be paid in accordance with what players are being paid at other top clubs.

Salah - £200,000 a
Mane - £100,000
Van Dijk - £220,00
Fabinho - £180,000
Dias - £115,000
Silva - £150,000
Rodrigo - £120,000

I don't think for one minute our way out of this is by offering anyone that has a decent couple of seasons wages in line with the top earners at the club.

united for life

I don't agree with that.

At some point, the club needs to get a handle on this. Under Woodward, it's been allowed to spiral out of control, and it needs reigning in. Yesterday.

We can't keep saying "well De Gea is on £375,000 a week, Bruno you've been one of our better players the last 2 seasons, you can have what Dave is earning". It's a recipe for disaster, and what will continue to happen is new players will come to the club, impress for a couple of seasons and then we'll cave and give them what the other top top earners are getting paid. It'll be an endless cycle.

If there's one thing Arnold can do, it's to separate himself from the Woodward regime and make it known to players representatives that they will be paid in accordance with what players are being paid at other top clubs.

Salah - £200,000 a
Mane - £100,000
Van Dijk - £220,00
Fabinho - £180,000
Dias - £115,000
Silva - £150,000
Rodrigo - £120,000

I don't think for one minute our way out of this is by offering anyone that has a decent couple of seasons wages in line with the top earners at the club.
I can’t argue with what you are saying. It all makes sense. I was just stating the fact of our lives.

on a separate note, Mane on a 100,000? That’s crazy

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Peak Caf commentary...

I dread to think what threads would be like if Scholes and Carrick would be playing today...
Scholes ? He’s in a different league. Why would you mention Scholes ? Carrick I can understand. He was always hit and miss.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Peak Caf commentary...

We'd be drooling over him considering he's an all time great midfielder.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He will want to leave the club, even if his contract has years left. He’s our best player and probably doesn’t want to be playing in the Europa League. It’s an insult to Bruno when we sign Sancho for 375k a week. We keep setting these crazy precedents
Source?

Caesar2290

Scholes ? He’s in a different league. Why would you mention Scholes ? Carrick I can understand. He was always hit and miss.
We'd be drooling over him considering he's an all time great midfielder.
Not in the age of social media and internet. You are either GOAT or shit, there is no in between anymore, at least on the internet. Do you think the internet would be kind to Rio and his occasional brainfarts that he had earlier in his career? Look at Lindelof, despite improving in leaps and bounds since his arrival, he still gets judged on the impressions the fans made when he first arrived.

Scholes had a tendency to go missing in big games. Just like Fernandes when he was very good, the whole team would look on a different level. When he was bad, he was very bad. Just look at that FA Cup final against Arsenal. The only big game I remember him being a deciding factor is that semi final against Barca. Modern day fans would have a field day with his performances of "not showing up in big games" "being inconsistent" etc etc

Carrick had the misfortune of starting playing when the social media was becoming a thing as opposed to Scholes who already had a reputation going by that time. That's why he got so much hatred up until 2011 when he became the only fully functioning CM we had in the team.

Social media has forever changed the way we view our players. Gone are the days of **** heroes and romanticism. These days it's all about performance stats, xGs, assists, key passes, etc etc

If Bruno would be playing in the late 90's early 2000's, he'd be remembered on here next to the likes of Rui Costa and Batistuta.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He seems desperate for trophies, he'll be 28 when next season rolls around. He is more likely to leave rather than sign on for another rebuilding project. I can see Real sniffing around.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not in the age of social media and internet. You are either GOAT or shit, there is no in between anymore, at least on the internet. Do you think the internet would be kind to Rio and his occasional brainfarts that he had earlier in his career? Look at Lindelof, despite improving in leaps and bounds since his arrival, he still gets judged on the impressions the fans made when he first arrived.

Scholes had a tendency to go missing in big games. Just like Fernandes when he was very good, the whole team would look on a different level. When he was bad, he was very bad. Just look at that FA Cup final against Arsenal. The only big game I remember him being a deciding factor is that semi final against Barca. Modern day fans would have a field day with his performances of "not showing up in big games" "being inconsistent" etc etc

Carrick had the misfortune of starting playing when the social media was becoming a thing as opposed to Scholes who already had a reputation going by that time. That's why he got so much hatred up until 2011 when he became the only fully functioning CM we had in the team.

Social media has forever changed the way we view our players. Gone are the days of **** heroes and romanticism. These days it's all about performance stats, xGs, assists, key passes, etc etc

If Bruno would be playing in the late 90's early 2000's, he'd be remembered on here next to the likes of Rui Costa and Batistuta.
Scholes didn’t go missing at all and Carrick wasn’t anywhere near the same class. Rio would’ve been adored because he was brilliant and performed brilliantly. Bruno is a player for the modern day because his stats mask his performances, whereas Scholes and Rio were performance players.

Reading this you seem to be suggesting Carrick was as good as Scholes or better but simply came around at the wrong time. If you want to know why it took until 2011 look at his performances that season and compare them with the rest of his career at United.

Scholes was infinitely better though.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

The comparison with Rui Costa it's non-sense, Rui Costa was all bout performances, Bruno is all about stats, as a matter of fact Bruno has scored way more goals that Rui Costa, but his performances as midfielder more often that not are underwhelming.

Batistuta was a striker, he was judged on goals, as his numbers in Serie A were insane for 90s Serie A.

Bruno it's the perfect player for modern era, zoomers stat lovers who don't watch United will think he is doing great because of his goals despite losing the ball multiple times, even against mid table teams.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He seems desperate for trophies, he'll be 28 when next season rolls around. He is more likely to leave rather than sign on for another rebuilding project. I can see Real sniffing around.
Real don’t play with a 10.

poleglass red

In an era where high press and possession is key for a lot, not all managers, he's a difficult player to accomodate. Any team looking to dominate possession, his passing isn't good enough. He can pull out a wonder ball but too often they lead to turnovers.

danamann

Crazy how such a bang average player is getting a huge contract. United never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.