Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bizarre the criticism he’s getting in this thread. He didn’t create as much as he would on a good day but he was a lot less careless than he is on a bad day. At the end of the day he played in central midfield, covered an enormous amount of ground, won the ball back a hell of a lot and was generally a massive headache for Liverpool. Not much more you can ask from him. Certainly a hell of a lot more positive and influential than our other #8.
I thought he played well today, but I tend to take a bigger picture approach to performances. It surprises me that someone as typically myopic as you has wrote the bolded.

Bruno today lost the ball on the edge of his own box trying to dribble, holding on to the ball too long when there were options to release it, almost scoring an own goal with a ridiculously careless and rash ‘shot’ at his own goal, diving yet again then getting involved in a brainless manner after their goal which could’ve ended in a red as he was booked for the dive, but worst of all giving the ball away in the 93rd minute. What was he thinking. All of these could’ve cost us 3pts

I’m suprised by the amount of people criticising him today but it’s hypocritical for someone like you not to be imo. Just how careless is he on a bad day?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I thought he did alright. Definitely played up as captain. He was a rat, but our rat. Showed example from the front by hounding their centre backs. He never stopped running.

Kostov

Last night I criticized his behaviour, I still think a Manchester United captain should not resort to those kind of antics. He dives and acts like being shot on every opportunity and and that incident with Salah after their goal was pathetic. It clouds an otherwise very good performance.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I imagine Liverpool fans absolutely loathe him. Which makes me love him even more.
Some quotes from the RAWK thread....

Fernandes needs smashing in the face with an iron.
Fernandes a fecking disgrace with his play acting, made my blood boil watching that utter c*nt
Fernandes is a little twat though.
If Fernandez headbutted someone he’d go down crying, holding his head and rolling on the floor. The wuss.
On a final note Bruno Fernandes is a fecking horrid piece of shit.
He is a shithouse player, but he's your shithouse player!

Idxomer

I thought he played well today, but I tend to take a bigger picture approach to performances. It surprises me that someone as typically myopic as you has wrote the bolded.

Bruno today lost the ball on the edge of his own box trying to dribble, holding on to the ball too long when there were options to release it, almost scoring an own goal with a ridiculously careless and rash ‘shot’ at his own goal, diving yet again then getting involved in a brainless manner after their goal which could’ve ended in a red as he was booked for the dive, but worst of all giving the ball away in the 93rd minute. What was he thinking. All of these could’ve cost us 3pts

I’m suprised by the amount of people criticising him today but it’s hypocritical for someone like you not to be imo. Just how careless is he on a bad day?
He was very careless, 64% passing percentage which was the 2nd the worst in the starting lineup after Rashford.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His marathon like lungs and recoveries higher up the field will keep him in the side. You can see the flaws are still there though — he’s too lightweight and cannot dribble with the ball, that dispossession so deep in our half could’ve been much worse.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
We’re gonna have to talk about replacing him sooner than some may want to admit.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can’t help but love him but he really is a heart attack inducing player. One moment magic, the next absolute carnage. Still think he can find better form as the season progresses and we improve as a team. He’s a quality player.

GwilDor

Last night I criticized his behaviour, I still think a Manchester United captain should not resort to those kind of antics. He dives and acts like being shot on every opportunity and and that incident with Salah after their goal was pathetic. It clouds an otherwise very good performance.
Not quoting because i disagree it was risky behaviour. Its unnecessary, risking a second yellow in that situation. However, i had a tingle in my brain about some «rule» or focus for the refs from what i think must have been a WC or EC a few years ago. The rule was, attacking team players were not allowed to get the ball from the net after scoring (like Salah et al were trying to do in this situation). Anyone can help me remember where i have this from? Tried to google it ofcourse, but no joy.
Its a goal kick, and not Liverpools ball. For them to gather up around Bruno like that is not ok. But like you all say, Bruno risks a yellow getting stuck in such a situation, so its best avoided.

EDIT:
Found the thing i was thinking about. Was a «test» in Norway, where ref guidelines said only defending team could get the ball after a goal, and that it would result in a yellow to attacking player if it resulted in pushing,et cetera. The test was scrapped after a year because of defending teams exploiting it trying to «trap» attackers with the rule.

Robbie Boy

He was better last night than previous games, but he's still not good enough. His dive was pathetic too.

Kostov

Not quoting because i disagree it was risky behaviour. Its unnecessary, risking a second yellow in that situation. However, i had a tingle in my brain about some «rule» or focus for the refs from what i think must have been a WC or EC a few years ago. The rule was, attacking team players were not allowed to get the ball from the net after scoring (like Salah et al were trying to do in this situation). Anyone can help me remember where i have this from? Tried to google it ofcourse, but no joy.
Its a goal kick, and not Liverpools ball. For them to gather up around Bruno like that is not ok. But like you all say, Bruno risks a yellow getting stuck in such a situation, so its best avoided.

EDIT:
Found the thing i was thinking about. Was a «test» in Norway, where ref guidelines said only defending team could get the ball after a goal, and that it would result in a yellow to attacking player if it resulted in pushing,et cetera. The test was scrapped after a year because of defending teams exploiting it trying to «trap» attackers with the rule.
It was stupid regardless. Let them take the ball for feck sake, then they wait on you to get to the kick start.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I think we were lucky he didn’t cost us the 3pts. Yeah he’s got passion and ‘fire in the belly’, but he’s not intelligent.

Dispossessed multiple times in dangerous areas, ridiculous own goal attempt, petulant ball thing after their goal and just giving them the ball at 93 minutes instead of trying to keep possession. Not good.

He’s a darling player in many peoples eyes because of the way he started his tenure, it was so refreshing, but people really need to admit that he’s not been great for quite some time now.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s a good player but on days like yesterday he almost costs you the game by doing stupid shit or playing daft balls. He needs to lose the petulance and start becoming more of a leader.

I’d consider moving him out wide right to see if we can get a tune out of him there. Losing the ball on the flank doesn’t do as much damage as dribbling in your own half with your back to the opposition.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yes, and yet some refs book people for it. Not sure who "you guys" is referring to. I'm just 1 person :nervous:
Seen a few posts feared that Bruno could have been booked for that incident. Ref was actually pretty lenient on Salah and Firmino over that small spat since they're the ones who created that little incident.

GwilDor

It was stupid regardless. Let them take the ball for feck sake, then they wait on you to get to the kick start.
Yeah, like i said, i didn’t disagree it was risky. Just tried to remember that guidelines test, which i found shortly after posting.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I thought it was his best game in a long time and his energy was insane. Also should really have had an assist if Elanga wasn’t such a crap finisher.

he’s a total cnut of a player but you need that in the modern game. At least he’s ours. I don’t see how he’s a problem on here like some want to believe. He needs to play his way back into his best form. I also think having Casemiro here will help him and his silly defensive mistakes.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just because he is not suited for possession football doesn’t make him a ‘stupid player’ - he is just a player that doesn’t suit possesion football and suits counter style more.

Still a very useful player even if he is not our main tactical man anymore.

Casemiro will help him. Yesterday was the best and worst of him. We need his industriousness and overall threat but we also need adequate cover for his wastefulness.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Seen a few posts feared that Bruno could have been booked for that incident. Ref was actually pretty lenient on Salah and Firmino over that small spat since they're the ones who created that little incident.
Ah ok, I was afraid I was being mistaken for a Liverpool fan again :nervous:

Pat Evra

That assist for Elanga chance in the first half alone is a very good sign for me, even though overall performance still was not the best of him, but I am sure he's getting back to his best after this game. He is surely enjoying the captaincy role. May it last.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I can see Eriksen playing his position if we signed another CM
Exactly this, and i'm sure EtH wants another CM if not this window, then next summer at least.
Bruno may find himself in the Shaw/Maguire/McFred rotational group.

Wilt

Whining, diving, feigning injury, cheating ….all the things I find detestable In any footballer.

Difficult one this, but can’t stand the sight of him. Tops my list of Utd players I want sold.

zenith

With Casemiero and Fred behind him and ETH coaching making him hopefully less careless on possession, he'll be quite an asset this season

NoLogo

I think it's vital to have him high up the field for two reasons, first he works his socks off when pressing and second his mistakes are less likely to cost us when he does it in the opponents half. Still I wish he could be a bit calmer on the ball in the final third, his passing is still way off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If nothing else, a player needs to always bring in effort. He didn’t let us down with his work off the ball, but I just find him so average on it. There was a time he had the ball in his own half and was being pressed back towards his goal and it was inevitable it would be taken from him, and it was. I think, in a former life, the Redcafe term for that would have been ‘dallying on the ball in dangerous areas’.

I don’t think he’ll be in the team long term, never have really, but again, he did the minimum last night which helped us. His feigning of injury at every contact is annoying, and the prospect of both him AND Antony doing that all game isn’t something to look forward to. Refs are clearly not sympathetic towards it either and he’s just rolling on the floor while our opponent attacks us. Dive was also disappointing, but he is that kind of player.

Overall, much better than his recent performances, but still more levels to go up to be what a regular #10 at this sort of club is for me.

Havak

Pokemon master
He's still not anywhere near the level we came expect from the season before last. However, overall this was a big improvement. More-so in just the attitude and passion than anything else. I think he can probably get away with a bit more of his shithousery while he has the armband, which might be why EtH gave it him.

Definitely needs to pick his moments better in any regard, but I'm sure it will come.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s just ‘cool’ to unlike Bruno Fernándes these days.

A lot of the fan base dislike players more than they actually like or support their clubs players these days.

At the very least, a good productive player.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm shocked he's getting so much criticism. I thought he was fantastic. The cross field pass just before our first goal was brilliant.

I guess he's the new scapegoat?

LARulz

Ten Hag and all other pundits say he was fantastic so people's wishes on him being dropped seem fanciful

Member 125398

Great match from him. Ran his socks off and then some.
It was and he did. I'm sure he can play himself back into form with that level of effort. It reminded me of when he first came. ETH should hand him the captaincy permenantly and keep him on a tight leash so none of the moaning creeps in. There's no doubt he can inspire those around him to work harder.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What about fecking about in front of our own box and getting robbed? Or giving the ball away in the 94th min trying a daft ball to Ronaldo instead of just winding the clock down?

You act like he was Roy Keane against Juve for Christ sake. He did some great off the ball and defensive work but he was pretty careless on the ball especially later into the game. And the shithousery wasn’t just some random point in the match, it was after we conceded and the guy is already on a yellow (which he got for diving btw)
Classic agenda post. Tiresome repetition of standard scapegoat pre-cooked agenda. So comically off the mark, too. Brilliant display, Bruno; among a rash of good calls by Ten Hag, making Bruno captain was a masterstroke. Now, why would he do that?

The manager played a blinder yesterday tactically, as well as motivationally. No playing out from back. New back four. Fast, mobile front line, pressing as a unit. Target Trent and the space behind.

McT/Ericsson/Bruno in the middle. Bruno being made captain was key to the upping of motivation. Actual sport differs in many ways to video games; risk is part of it. Some players speculate to accumulate: imagination and attitude are key elements of Bruno’s game.

MUFC 2. Scouse 1.
And some people still moan.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

A lot of the fan base dislike players more than they actually like or support their clubs players these days.

Agreed.

Its a little bid odd to me how some of our fans can hate Bruno. However, football's an emotional game. Feelings play a big part and a lot of people feel a certain way about Bruno, clearly.

I thought it was his best game for some time. Elanga only needed to put the ball inside the post for Bruno to get his customary assist. Likewise Martial when he ended up going for the lay off in the 1v1 with Allison. However, its a game of opinions. There's no onus on anyone to agree with my view.

The good thing, from my perspective, is the Old Trafford crowd clearly doesn't have a negative outlook on Fernandes. 'Bruno' was chanted lots last night. Including after the final whistle as he was leaving the pitch. Despite what it might seem like online, Bruno is definitely appreciated by a lot of United supporters.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

People think it’s cool; but they show just how little they know. Can you imagine some of these keyboard warriors offering those eye-watering ‘opinions’ to all and sundry on the Stretford End last night? :):).

Baneofthegame

He was a lot better tonight, great effort, intensity and lead by example for that.

Did almost throw my phone when he tried the hero ball with 2 minutes left and an easy pass to retain possession and see out the game though. :lol:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I guess it depends on how you judge him. IMO he's still a pretty good player in the final third, had a few really good moves there yesterday, created some chances and chased the ball well.
However, if you consider the whole package, he's just wild, almost cost us a goal, dispossessed easily multiple times, close to a red card...
His stamina and desire is really amazing but I still believe he will struggle to adapt to what Ten Hag wants from the team.
On the other hand, hopefully having a functional and balanced midfield + improved backline will make it possible for Bruno to focus more on what he's really good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.