Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Liability? The guy recovered more balls than anybody, also creating plenty of chances for our forwards. Soo many Liverpool fans around here.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's infuriating to watch in a lot of aspects.

But he put in a massive shift. Anyone have a stat how much KM he ran today?

::sonny::

Great pressing, runned at least for 15 km

Not sure he is able to do that every game, unlikely

Irwin99

It isn't just a crazy fan theory anymore that he plays better when Ronaldo is out of the team is it? I've never quite understood why that is as they never seem antagonistic to each other.

A chaotic performance (this time in a good way :lol:) with a lot of good and also some weird sh*t that he needs to stop doing. Overall a good game though.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Finally a decent game from him like others said, great shift he put in, he's a decent presser. Very eratic passer but today he looked good. except that shocking Pogba like dribble to lose the ball in front of 16 yard box..

Really hope he can finally get a grip and start scoring goals, he came as a super productive from portugal and seem to score assist forfun, but last few month he seems he's rushing too much on his finishes. If you need, use the raw power he can strike the ball with but don't lean back like a kid, diving like this won't cut it too. Just hope he finds his confidence..

SAFMUTD

Worked his socks off, but he wasnt on today. On attitude and effort there's nothing else you can ask him.

He's lucky Martinez was there to block the shot though, that would have been a nightmare.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Surprised by some of the reactions tonight. I thought that he played really well.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
He was energetic and fighting with full strength!

His on ball form will recover too. Benefits massively from no Ronaldo.

Guapa

Another erratic performance today,but glad he was made captain and hopefully this signals the end of Ronaldo starting for us as clearly the team looks more balanced without him,especially Bruno,dispite his brain fart moments.

TsuWave

he worked harder today than previously, but still annoying antics and has the bozo gene with poor decision making

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
he worked harder today than previously, but still annoying antics and has the bozo gene with poor decision making

It’s obvious Ronaldo exacerbates that tendency hugely. I don’t know whether he just thinks if he can get Ronaldo the ball he’ll always score, or whether it’s something more deferential than that. You can see Dalot absolutely worships the ground he walks on so you’d imagine his influence in the Portuguese dressing room is just enormous.

jesperjaap

The desire and workrate was superb....feels a tad unfair to criticise when he has put such a shift in and won back so many balls.

Personally though he was as wasteful as his poor form of the last 15months on the ball, caught in possesion quite a few times, lucky not to score an own goal and he gave the ball away more than he kept it with anything but simple passes. He has always had this problem, jsut mitigated until last season for the sheer number of assists and goals he scored, but he really needs to show mor equality consistently on the ball and cut out the acting as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Mixed bag but you can't fault his work rate. My God, he was everywhere. Good on him. Still needs to tidy up his game but a captain's performance tonight.

Mainoldo

It’s obvious Ronaldo exacerbates that tendency hugely. I don’t know whether he just thinks if he can get Ronaldo the ball he’ll always score, or whether it’s something more deferential than that. You can see Dalot absolutely worships the ground he walks on so you’d imagine his influence in the Portuguese dressing room is just enormous.
He‘s a grown man this isn’t kids football. The option was the wing.

Brwned

He‘s a grown man this isn’t kids football. The option was the wing.
Bruno’s an immature player, he just is. It’s more common in modern football, you can see a collection of them at PSG, even among the best in the world.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bizarre the criticism he’s getting in this thread. He didn’t create as much as he would on a good day but he was a lot less careless than he is on a bad day. At the end of the day he played in central midfield, covered an enormous amount of ground, won the ball back a hell of a lot and was generally a massive headache for Liverpool. Not much more you can ask from him. Certainly a hell of a lot more positive and influential than our other #8.

The_Midfielder

Bizarre the criticism he’s getting in this thread. He didn’t create as much as he would on a good day but he was a lot less careless than he is on a bad day. At the end of the day he played in central midfield, covered an enormous amount of ground, won the ball back a hell of a lot and was generally a massive headache for Liverpool. Not much more you can ask from him. Certainly a hell of a lot more positive and influential than our other #8.
And would have had an assist if Elanga would have scored

El Jefe

World class off the ball, dreadful on it. But he worked so hard that it was still a really good performance but I still leave feeling how much better we'd be with an actual ball playing midfielder in his spot.

DickDastardly

True.

But he could have easily scored an own goal if it wasn't for pure luck and got sent off because of stupid ass diving and dumbass shenanigans after conceding.

He needs to cut that shit out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True.

But he could have easily scored an own goal if it wasn't for pure luck and got sent off because of stupid ass diving and dumbass shenanigans after conceding.

He needs to cut that shit out.
So one miskick and some mild shithousery (against a team we all fecking despise) somehow spoils that performance for you?

Ok.

KeanoMagicHat

Very much so, interesting quotes I saw from the Ronaldo thread also:

"because the most important thing is that he's at the highest level and making our country proud".

Definitely sees Ronaldo as a hero as a countryman. It's sad Bruno doesn't realise how much his game suffers with Ronaldo, probably in awe of him.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Super comical reactions from the knee jerk brigade. I suppose we all start somewhere. They learn who to slag off; certain players they identify by reading the match day thread. Then try to sound authoritative and knowledgeable. Bruno being good does not compute. Dalot being good. What? They can still safely slate Maguire. But he will play an important role another day. Support the players. Watch the actual match. Glazers out.

DickDastardly

So one miskick and some mild shithousery (against a team we all fecking despise) somehow spoils that performance for you?

Ok.
I didn't say it spoils it.

I'm just saying he deserves some criticism.

The diving is just dumb.
There are cameras everywhere.
He surely knows by now that VAR is a thing?

And they you go on and act like a child and fight with Salah? On a yellow?

SAF would have had his head on toast after that.
There would be boots flying.

And then there's that 93 minute thing....not keeping the ball, instead trying for a hollywood pass to Ronaldo?
Keep possession ffs.

Just saying, he needs to use his brain.

One tiny little thing goes wrong and he's to blame.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
ETH obviously rates him as he made him captain tonight. He’s probably relatively assured of his place for now, but there will be real competition for places if we make the signings we want. We should be playing close to sixty games though if we progress deep in all comps, so there’s plenty of mins to go round.

KeanoMagicHat

I defended him at half-time from some of the criticism but the holding onto the ball thing was incredibly stupid and very lucky he wasn't sent off. Petty and clear and unnecessary time wasting. Why would he do that on a yellow and take that risk for the team, I don't know. He's a bit of a headcase of a player these days.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I wanted to throttle him at the end when he tried to play a silly pass instead of playing the ball into the corner... And then he made up for it but hunting the ball down like a mad man and winning it back, which he was doing all night.

He did a great job of leading our press

izec

"because the most important thing is that he's at the highest level and making our country proud".

Definitely sees Ronaldo as a hero as a countryman. It's sad Bruno doesn't realise how much his game suffers with Ronaldo, probably in awe of him.

Ronaldo is an institution and a god in Portugal. Dalot and Bruno would never question him, of course they are in awe. They want him to do well and sacrifice their game for him to shine. Not good for us, but that is how it is.

Blood Mage

One of the most infuriating players I've ever watched when we're in possession, but off the ball his work rate was very impressive today. A pressing machine.

Brwned

Interesting he’s so open about it. Probably happens more often than I realise, but I really can’t remember a big player at a top club playing differently just because of a team-mates’ status. I know players like Benzema played subservient roles to Ronaldo too, but that was obviously for the betterment of the team. This seems a lot more personal. But maybe it’s hard to separate that for Bruno? If he thinks the team is better with a happy Ronaldo, and to make Ronaldo happy you need to feed him in those moments, he thinks it’s the right choice for the team too?

I guess I just find the whole idolisation a bit weird. I loved Giggs and I’ve got a signed Scholesy shirt on the wall, but there was no desire for deification. You can see with Ronaldo that some people really think deeply about him nearly every day, they’re searching the internet to find positive quotes to read and share, it’s like they’re really channeling his spirit, trying to be him. Whatever that is about him, I’d imagine being around him in training with his determination and drama, it’s not hard to get sucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.