6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddg01

He put in a shift and played well defensively, dropping in and winning possession back. However he gives the ball away so easily, perfect example was the 2nd half kick off. Infuriating!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I imagine Liverpool fans absolutely loathe him. Which makes me love him even more.

lex talionis

The more you watch that Bruno shot on his own goal, the more cringey it looks. It wasn't just an unfortunate ricochet...Bruno took a proper swipe at the ball.

Theo88

There will be various opinions on this, but that was an all around box to box performance as you’d get. He made one daft mistake had one unfortunate moment (the godlike attempt at an own goal) but he felt like a freaking engine doing the works.

Does anyone have any advanced stats ? He looked gassed by the end but it felt like he outrun our CMs by a lot and pressed like a madman. Proper class performance if you take out the 2 outliers there.

Or maybe my Bruno tinted glasses are playing tricks to me.

Varane around town

I thought he was magnificent tonight

It was a Bruno that we've not seen for a bit. He was non-stop all game and drove the opposition mad.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah and then you would have cursed his name if he got sent off there and we drew.

Nah feck that, have some brains (especially as the captain) and realize there's a time and place to shithouse especially when on a yellow.
I'd generally agree but to be fair I think he wasn't on a yellow so no danger of a red.

Some shithousing doesn't hurt here and there but otherwise I agree he needs to be more calm an collected to make a good capitan.

Bondi77

Plenty of energy but I wish he would stop carrying on like a spoilt child!

CarbonStoolBites

That ball hogging incident after they scored was hilarious, don’t think I’ve seen that ever happening quite like that before.
Must’ve been infuriating for Liverpool supporters, good.

I criticized him lately, but I thought he was excellent tonight, left it all on the pitch and his pass to Eriksen in the buildup for the first goal was brilliant, very good game.

Thom Merrilin

Thought he played very well aside from the own goal attempt. He usually does a lot of running but at times it looks a bit like a headless chicken, today he pressed well in coordination with the players around him.

I know some might hate it but I love how he's constantly complaining about something to the ref. Other teams must hate him and that makes me love him, a bit like Herrera, he's a c*nt but he's our c*nt.

SAFMUTD

Very much so, interesting quotes I saw from the Ronaldo thread also:

"because the most important thing is that he's at the highest level and making our country proud".

Definitely sees Ronaldo as a hero as a countryman. It's sad Bruno doesn't realise how much his game suffers with Ronaldo, probably in awe of him.
What the actual feck? thats a terrible message. Putting Cristiano above the club. Cristiano can feck for all I care, Im tired of his tantrum.

marktan

I've said it before but his running and pressing is a huge part of his game, we saw a noticeable decline from him in the previous seasons when he was asked to play too many games in a row.

Now that we have Eriksen and Casemiro in, we should rest him for the lesser games like the FA cup and the bottom 5 PL games and bring him in for the games where we need him to run more. Playing 3 games a week every week with the amount he runs is just not feasible.

Ole'sattheWheel

I've said it before but his running and pressing is a huge part of his game, we saw a noticeable decline from him in the previous seasons when he was asked to play too many games in a row.

Now that we have Eriksen and Casemiro in, we should rest him for the lesser games like the FA cup and the bottom 5 PL games and bring him in for the games where we need him to run more. Playing 3 games a week every week with the amount he runs is just not feasible.
I agree, remember when he first came and he was everywhere on the pitch, popping up all over the place, pressing and winning the ball back.

It's what made him so productive imo

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Brought the energy and the hassle but he's still way too careless with the ball. It's astonishing how bad he is at keeping the ball.

He loses the ball whether he tries short passes or holding the ball with his back to goal. It's honestly quite baffling how he can't manage to maintain possession whatsoever.

Valencia Shin Crosses

So one miskick and some mild shithousery (against a team we all fecking despise) somehow spoils that performance for you?

Ok.
What about fecking about in front of our own box and getting robbed? Or giving the ball away in the 94th min trying a daft ball to Ronaldo instead of just winding the clock down?

You act like he was Roy Keane against Juve for Christ sake. He did some great off the ball and defensive work but he was pretty careless on the ball especially later into the game. And the shithousery wasn’t just some random point in the match, it was after we conceded and the guy is already on a yellow (which he got for diving btw)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What an idiot he can be at times. :lol:

If he had gotten booked for refusing to give up the ball after being booked for an obvious dive, it would be the dumbest double yellow ever.
Why would he have gotten booked for that? After conceding, it was United's ball and our players were supposed to bring the ball to the center and kick off again. Salah was acting like a bellend thinking it's his right to rush us to restart the game. He should have been booked the moment he started harassing Bruno for the ball since at that point it was United's ball.

RedOrange

he worked harder today than previously, but still annoying antics and has the bozo gene with poor decision making
This was really painful because Donny was running through a wide open gap straight in front of Bruno. Instead he kicked it in the air to Ronaldo, who was being marked by 3 players.

When Ronaldo is on the pitch he simply refuses to pass to anyone else.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I was screaming so loudly for him to give Salah the fecking ball after the 2-1 while on a yellow.
Do you guys realize it was our ball to take to the center? If anyone were to get booked for that little incident, it would have been Salah for acting the bellend when Bruno refused to give him the ball.

The moment the ball was scored in our net, it belonged to us and the team that concede is the team that get to restarts. Bruno was within his right to grab the ball and walk it to the half way line at normal pace. Salah and Liverpool weren't owed a quick kick-off by us and they certainly shouldn't have been allowed to harrass Bruno the moment he refused to give the ball away since he was within his rights to walk that ball to the half way line and restart the game.

gza the genius

Why would he have gotten booked for that? After conceding, it was United's ball and our players were supposed to bring the ball to the center and kick off again. Salah was acting like a bellend thinking it's his right to rush us to restart the game. He should have been booked the moment he started harassing Bruno for the ball since at that point it was United's ball.
I don't know the specifics on the rules of the game for this but this is common sense to me. If anything Salah was the one slowing things down and impeding Bruno from getting the ball up the field by pushing him back to take the ball from him. Obviously Bruno knew what he was doing but just from watching it Salah and the other Liverpool players are the ones slowing him down even more and giving him more of an excuse to hold things up.

Thom Merrilin

Brought the energy and the hassle but he's still way too careless with the ball. It's astonishing how bad he is at keeping the ball.

He loses the ball whether he tries short passes or holding the ball with his back to goal. It's honestly quite baffling how he can't manage to maintain possession whatsoever.
Keeping the ball has never been his thing. In his last full season in Portugal he got 20 goals and 13 assists with a pass accuracy of 75%. That's really low.

He's capable of some incredible passes but he's not a consistent passer of the ball and I doubt that will change.

MyDevil

I think he covered the most fields today. Run his socks off and keep rally the team to press. The captain armband did wonder to him. It is like a tonic with huge responsibility. May be he needs that. Hope this continues.

The shielding of the ball incident is silly though. Could have earned him a second yellow.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was really good. Set the tone with his work off the ball and that through ball early to Rashford. In a game like this, this is the kind of contribution you want from your captain.

I'm ignoring that one brainfart on the line.

Red_toad

I think he covered the most fields today. Run his socks off and keep rally the team to press. The captain armband did wonder to him. It is like a tonic with huge responsibility. May be he needs that. Hope this continues.

The shielding of the ball incident is silly though. Could have earned him a second yellow.
He was doing exactly what the rules of the game allow. Would be like booking the keeper for catching a cross, ref should have taken issue with Salah if anyone.

Golden Nugget

He was immense. Ran his socks off and was so good defensively. Best performance from him for a long time

OT1214

This thread would have taken a different turn if Martinez hadn’t been at the right place at the right time :lol:

NoPace

Very much so, interesting quotes I saw from the Ronaldo thread also:

"because the most important thing is that he's at the highest level and making our country proud".

Definitely sees Ronaldo as a hero as a countryman. It's sad Bruno doesn't realise how much his game suffers with Ronaldo, probably in awe of him.
I assume he means that it's important Cristiano is in form for the World Cup, because he's going to play even if only as a sub, and that he ends his career with dignity.

amolbhatia50k

This thread would have taken a different turn if Martinez hadn’t been at the right place at the right time :lol:
Probably.

But he was still far better today. Creative passing was crisper and his off the ball work was fantastic.

Idxomer

The more you watch that Bruno shot on his own goal, the more cringey it looks. It wasn't just an unfortunate ricochet...Bruno took a proper swipe at the ball.
It was like his brain had a glitch or something, his lack of composure in all areas of the pitch is a big problem.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
With Bruno, is always polemic.

Can't fault the effort with his running and commitment to the cause, but his use of the ball and decision making is so erratic. Once he drops into deep midfield you never, ever want him facing his own goal. He doesn't have the feet to get himself reorientated and struggles to play a simple one two or lay off to get himself out of the pickle.

Not usually conflicted when it comes to his game, but his pressing and sheer work rate was invaluable in and of itself today and he used the ball well a few times beyond the centre circle to go with his other actions that weren't good, so a proper mixed bag, but with so many sprints and pressures that really allowed us to execute ten Hag's plan first half.

As a captain, he at least set the tone, which is worth its weight in gold in game like this.

OT1214

Probably.

But he was still far better today. Creative passing was crisper and his off the ball work was fantastic.
He was. No complaints about his attitude. Ran his socks off. But he still makes some strange decisions when he has the ball and often go down looking for a foul when he could play a teammate in. There was also a moment in 1st half where he lost the ball at a dangerous area when there were passing options available. Thankfully scousers didn’t capitalize. Having said all that, it was refreshing to see a United Captain fighting till the end and not looking sorry and clueless!!

amolbhatia50k

He was. No complaints about his attitude. Ran his socks off. But he still makes some strange decisions when he has the ball and often go down looking for a foul when he could play a teammate in. There was also a moment in 1st half where he lost the ball at a dangerous area when there were passing options available. Thankfully scousers didn’t capitalize. Having said all that, it was refreshing to see a United Captain fighting till the end and not looking sorry and clueless!!
For sure. No doubt about that. I'm not yet convinced a player who is as erratic as him fits in with dominant possession football. One match doesn't convince of that. But it's at least a big improvement which is what I saw from most of the team. You want to at least have a team you don't feel ashamed of !

united for life

He put in a shift and played well defensively, dropping in and winning possession back. However he gives the ball away so easily, perfect example was the 2nd half kick off. Infuriating!
it’s surely an aspect of his game he needs to improve. Hopefully with ETH and the coaches he’ll get there. Otherwise he’s done very well yesterday. The fact that Liverpool fans don’t like him means a lot. Annoying them like neville used to, priceless. Enough with being nice on the pitch. Let the shithousery begin!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do you guys realize it was our ball to take to the center? If anyone were to get booked for that little incident, it would have been Salah for acting the bellend when Bruno refused to give him the ball.

The moment the ball was scored in our net, it belonged to us and the team that concede is the team that get to restarts. Bruno was within his right to grab the ball and walk it to the half way line at normal pace. Salah and Liverpool weren't owed a quick kick-off by us and they certainly shouldn't have been allowed to harrass Bruno the moment he refused to give the ball away since he was within his rights to walk that ball to the half way line and restart the game.
Yes, and yet some refs book people for it. Not sure who "you guys" is referring to. I'm just 1 person :nervous:

GreatDane

It's never simple with Bruno. I really like him and his energy, but he also scares me because he loses the ball so often.
Much better today, must be annoying to play against which is good for us!

FerociousCorgis

With Bruno, is always polemic.

Can't fault the effort with his running and commitment to the cause, but his use of the ball and decision making is so erratic. Once he drops into deep midfield you never, ever want him facing his own goal. He doesn't have the feet to get himself reorientated and struggles to play a simple one two or lay off to get himself out of the pickle.

Not usually conflicted when it comes to his game, but his pressing and sheer work rate was invaluable in and of itself today and he used the ball well a few times beyond the centre circle to go with his other actions that weren't good, so a proper mixed bag, but with so many sprints and pressures that really allowed us to execute ten Hag's plan first half.

As a captain, he at least set the tone, which is worth its weight in gold in game like this.
Pretty accurate. For Bruno one person could make a video clip of the game and it would make him look absolutely horrible, and a diff person could make a video compilation clip that makes him look awesome

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He tried hard and did some good things but this wasn't a great performance. I'd say borderline good. Which unfortunately is Brunos level. I hated the antics, the diving and fake falling down. As united captain that was actually embarrassing.

Deery

Dreary
I thought he was magnificent tonight

It was a Bruno that we've not seen for a bit. He was non-stop all game and drove the opposition mad.
He was, a lot of people in here don’t understand football Bruno was one of the best players on the pitch, give that every week I’d be well happy.

mikeyt

He thought he was poor overall, he put a shift in, that I'll give him but gave the ball away in stupid areas as he always does.

stw2022

I struggle with him. Obviously a good player but a complete liability with his back to goal and so sloppy and careless with the ball. He worked hard but I think overall last night was a bit erratic

Status
Not open for further replies.