6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

Great fecking goal. Otherwise shit though ha. Surprised we didn't get the trademark Bruno skyshot honestly ha

SATA

My captain. Brilliant goal and ten Hag obviously rates him very highly, makes him captain and doesn’t take him off

Borys

Statistics Wizard
How can anyone think he's anything close to a midfielder is beyond me. There is staggering difference between him and Eriksen in terms of general play, and Eriksen isn't even that good. Bruno is just an attacker, has his uses but so freaking annoying player.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's become another big elephant in the room we are not able to drop. He's been shit for two seasons like almost 80% of games and we still insist on playing him because he might pull out some piece of brilliance. It's less and less these days. Would argue we need a player like Odegaard much more than him and perhaps Eriksen would be worth trying there but can't see Eric benching him anytime soon. Super annoying because our game really suffers. It's as if he can't make any basic things right only to pull out one outrages pass out of 10 games (which is understandable the number of times he's going for hollywood balls) which leads to people believe that he's a world class player.

Up until now commentators are wanking overthe little he's done well and totally ignoring his bad spells, that's double annoying..

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
How can anyone think he's anything close to a midfielder is beyond me. There is staggering difference between him and Eriksen in terms of general play, and Eriksen isn't even that good. Bruno is just an attacker, has his uses but so freaking annoying player.
yeah in an ideal world he should be a squad player, ready to comeon for the last 30 minutes work his socks off, add some creativity and unpredictability to attack when we are chasing goal. No top team play with such a high risk player who can't do the basics right and lose all the control because of him.

Now Pogba isoff he won't finally mask the fact how shit Fernandes can be. Unfortunately it will take quite some number of transfer windows to shift him to a squad role where he deserves to be..

Phil

Great finish today, really reminded me of the old days. Really liked that first time round the corner pass to Elanga too. Shame he fluffed it.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
He needed this goal & hopefully he will shine more

OpenIntrovert

Bruno is fine as an AM. As a CM it is a completely different ball game altogether. I feel that the need to focus more on tracking back is taking a toll on his decision making. Previously as a free roaming AM, he did make bad decisions but his chance creation and attacking throughput was quite good.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great goal. Really nice finish. Good to see him impact the result, hopefully performances follow.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bruno is fine as an AM. As a CM it is a completely different ball game altogether. I feel that the need to focus more on tracking back is taking a toll on his decision making. Previously as a free roaming AM, he did make bad decisions but his chance creation and attacking throughput was quite good.
I'd argue that. Just look how little he contributes to progressing the ball from defence to attack, most of his good touches come when he's just outside the box. When Bruno drops deep there's always 50/50 if he will lose the ball, so I'd rather he stayed high.

Eriksen is an attacking midfielder, Bruno is much more of a second striker really.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Well taken goal but it feels like we'll never be able or at least it'll remain hard for us to get control in midfield with him in the side. The man is utterly wasteful with the football. Sometimes watching him it feels like he made more erroneous passes than completed ones.

dutchred

given our attacking situation I would play him as a false 9 with Sancho and Rashford flanking him. At least then the errors are in the the opposition half

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
given our attacking situation I would play him as a false 9 with Sancho and Rashford flanking him. At least then the errors are in the the opposition half
Didn’t we do this in our first game?

Bebestation

He is what I call a very productive player.

Far from perfect but he does have stats.

Even at his worst, he is good enough to be a sub of ours.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shite game, but that's the kind of finishing we have been missing. Hopefully he continues scoring, since I don't see his all around game improving that much, it's obvious he can't be changed. He ruined pretty much our every decent counter attack in the first half. I defend him quite often but he is really bad.

But if he can keep scoring and assisting with running hard like he did against Liverpool that would be enough for me.

My captain. Brilliant goal and ten Hag obviously rates him very highly, makes him captain and doesn’t take him off
Doesn't take him off because he has to take Eriksen at some point in every game. Realistically, he should have been hooked at half time since he was once again our worst player.

Bebestation

I think Eriksen was our false 9 due to past experience. He had to drop down though due to the midfield being awful.
Oh that’s good then. I wanted to see Bruno as our forward for ages but thought we saw it in the first match and it failed

Andersons Dietician

Monday was a step forward for him and then this game was two steps back. Fantastic finish but that one bit of excellence can’t make up for the poor. Had to pass to Sancho, keep possesion don’t try and shoot from there.

fallengt

Not a big fan of his performance.
Not saying he was the sole culprit but our front 3-4 was the reason we couldn't keep ball.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's not even carelessness. He's just weak and slow. Great goal though
Exactly this. He's extremely weak with his back to goal and too lightweight in midfield, unable to win any half decent challenge. He can't keep his man away from the ball, a bit of a nudge and he's losing the ball.

Him being unable to complete passes at a high percentage, his inability to win any physical battle in midfield and his inability to keep the ball is one of the main reasons why we haven't been able to have any control in midfield.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You come into the Bruno thread and it's always: He gives away the ball too much, he takes too many risks, he could have cost us today...

... Scored though didn't he? And if he didn't score today nobody else on our side was gonna. That's for damned sure.

That is the most important takeaway from today's game. Against Brighton and Brentford he had presentable chances and blazed over. Against Liverpool the ball dropped to him in the box and his first touch was so heavy his second was a dive. Today when it mattered he got it right.

That's what matters. After an iffy start to the season Bruno Fernandes is back to being a match winner for us. That's vital in a situation where nobody else in our forward line looks ready to take on that burden.

SoCross

He does the hard stuff easily and the fluffs the easy stuff. What an enigma of a player. But he’s a match winner!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Good to see him score, hopefully it'll help with the pressure. Needs a mental reboot.

Valencia Shin Crosses

You come into the Bruno thread and it's always: He gives away the ball too much, he takes too many risks, he could have cost us today...

... Scored though didn't he? And if he didn't score today nobody else on our side was gonna. That's for damned sure.

That is the most important takeaway from today's game. Against Brighton and Brentford he had presentable chances and blazed over. Against Liverpool the ball dropped to him in the box and his first touch was so heavy his second was a dive. Today when it mattered he got it right.

That's what matters. After an iffy start to the season Bruno Fernandes is back to being a match winner for us. That's vital in a situation where nobody else in our forward line looks ready to take on that burden.
Of course he needs to score but that’s sort of peoples issue isn’t it? He’s not a fecking forward, he’s a midfielder so people that are complaining are those that would prefer him to improve and help the cohesion of the side with his passing and movement buzzing around the middle of the park instead of adding to the disjointed play of the team by making stupid decisions with the ball and being disconnected from the rest of the midfield. Bagging a goal is nice but at this point he’s going to HAVE to continue scoring to warrant a place in the team because otherwise he’s a detriment.

It’s not some contrarian take to want Bruno to play better in the other parts of his game. Goals and assists come and go but the other parts are what you actually build a side around.

Jcrossley94

Not sure I get a lot of the criticism in here, so he can be wasteful on the ball… so what? When the majority of our attacking patterns go through him, he’s obviously more likely to make more misplaced passes than others. His GA stats are insane since he arrived, clearly didn’t have a strong season last year but he’s done more than enough to prove he’s a very very good player.

one notable point I have, is that I don’t think he can play with Ronaldo in the team. Constantly looking to pass to him even if he’s not in a good position.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Of course he needs to score but that’s sort of peoples issue isn’t it? He’s not a fecking forward, he’s a midfielder so people that are complaining are those that would prefer him to improve and help the cohesion of the side with his passing and movement buzzing around the middle of the park instead of adding to the disjointed play of the team by making stupid decisions with the ball and being disconnected from the rest of the midfield. Bagging a goal is nice but at this point he’s going to HAVE to continue scoring to warrant a place in the team because otherwise he’s a detriment.

It’s not some contrarian take to want Bruno to play better in the other parts of his game. Goals and assists come and go but the other parts are what you actually build a side around.
As long as Bruno is pretty much our main goal threat, he absolutely warrants a place in the starting XI.

He's an attacking midfielder: Like Lampard, like Gerrard, like Yaya. Goal contributions are exactly why he's in our team.

I am watching the same games as everyone else, I am not seeing how sticking him on the bench makes us better. It might make us very Van Gaal: Loads of the ball but no end product.

We saw it today. Ball in the box, two chances not taken, two shots blocked. We create decent opportunities but who's taking them? That's why Bruno is, and will likely remain, vital to Ten Hag.

We don't have Haaland, we don't have Nunez, we don't have Ronaldo at 27 but 37 (and he wants out). Unless someone else is going to start scoring then, to a large extent, we will be betting it all on Bruno.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Put in a shift, popped up all over the pitch, took his goal very well, and was otherwise total, unadulterated shite.

Vintage Bruno. :drool:

Oranges038

I'd love to know why he decides to pump balls into the box when it's a minute left and there's only a goal in it.

Took his goal well, otherwise nothing fo write home about.

GreatDane

Good goal but how he ever got a new higher paying contract in this shit form is beyond me.

BlueHaze

There was a moment earlier on in the game where we had a counter attack, Sancho was completely free on the left and Bruno had huge amount of time to just make an easy pass to Sancho but instead he decides to hold on to it and eventually pass it to Soton player instead... Apart from the goal he was once again mediocre at best. Christian would do so much better in that role..

Valencia Shin Crosses

As long as Bruno is pretty much our main goal threat, he absolutely warrants a place in the starting XI.

He's an attacking midfielder: Like Lampard, like Gerrard, like Yaya. Goal contributions are exactly why he's in our team.

I am watching the same games as everyone else, I am not seeing how sticking him on the bench makes us better. It might make us very Van Gaal: Loads of the ball but no end product.

We saw it today. Ball in the box, two chances not taken, two shots blocked. We create decent opportunities but who's taking them? That's why Bruno is, and will likely remain, vital to Ten Hag.

We don't have Haaland, we don't have Nunez, we don't have Ronaldo at 27 but 37 (and he wants out). Unless someone else is going to start scoring then, to a large extent, we will be betting it all on Bruno.
You just named a bunch of midfielders from a past era before Pep and Klopp changed the game with how teams have to play both with and without the ball though. Having Bruno sit up near the striker while we are trying to build up play, essentially putting us in a 4-2-4, is a fecking terrible recipe for elevating us back to the top. Sure 10-15 years ago you could give him a free license to do whatever and he’d pop up with enough contributions to be a real asset, but nowadays controlling the first two phases of the game is just as important as the final third. It’s exactly what ETH is trying to impart on this team, that you don’t have to be some creative wizard to fashion chances if you can methodically move the ball around as a team to exploit spaces and win the ball high up the pitch when defending.

Excusing a midfielder for consistent general poor play (going on almost 2 years btw) because he pops up with a nice finish is a sure fire way to watch us continue to struggle against any decent team with a good structural press and quality midfielders.

georgipep

If Martial wasn't made of glass, the burden would be shared

johannes_fd

Hopefully the goal will give him a boost. I miss seeing him at his best. The guy was a talisman. His will and effort is still top class however, so even at his worst he's still contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.