6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

He'll score on Thursday and this thread will be flooded with "Where are his critics now?".

We would be much better off with a balanced 3 man midfield. Especially in these tough matches.
This is exactly what’s going to happen.

JeffFromHK

He always stinks in big game doesn't he?
His erratic passes gift our precious possession to the opponent whenever we have the ball.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I know most people consider this blasphemy but for any team with aspirations to compete for titles, he's a poor footballer. He just lacks most qualities you could find in great playmakers.

Ederson is a better footballer than he is.
I said the exact same thing last year and got blasted for being negative about our “best player”

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I would need to see KDB perform for us, before jumping to conclusions.
He was shit even back then the only thing that kept him in conversations was the stats. He was making silly mistakes like he does now, like playing simple passes, over hitting long passes - trying to play multiple through passes with 1/10 being the perfect one...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I know most people consider this blasphemy but for any team with aspirations to compete for titles, he's a poor footballer. He just lacks most qualities you could find in great playmakers.

Ederson is a better footballer than he is.
I would agree with this. Not gonna achieve anything impressive with him being enabled to do whatever the feck he wants wherever and whenever

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not every pass has to be a hollywood pass!

redNATION

A key weakness in the team that’s gets looked over because of stats.

We really need three new midfielders, a Casemiro replacement, a deep lying playmaker and now a replacement for Bruno.

Our core is too weak and it exposes our defence too often which is why our CBS look so bad regardless who plays there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't want to criticize him in this type of context anymore. Bruno is a subpar possession player, the same is true for Rashford and McTominay. They will always struggle in that context and there is probably nothing we can do about it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We'll never have consistent control of the midfield in the PL with him playing as a 10.

Idxomer

I don't want to criticize him in this type of context anymore. Bruno is a subpar possession player, the same is true for Rashford and McTominay. They will always struggle in that context and there is probably nothing we can do about it.
We as fans can't but the manager could drop them, especially in games where we desperately need players who could hold the ball.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We as fans can't but the manager could drop them, especially in games where we desperately need players who could hold the ball.
By that I meant that it's likely pointless to expect decent possession Football out of them. Of course the manager can drop them, in fact I would be surprised if they all leave the club in the near future. And it's not because they are bad players but what is their role in a team that expects to dominate possession effectively and impose its will on strong teams?

Castia

He’s been awful for far too long

It’s one thing to have a quiet game but he doesn’t he gets involved and constantly gives away possession game after game.

His best attribute is getting in the box and getting goals but in the last 6-8 months it’s almost like he wants to be the complete playmaker but he doesn’t have the passing range.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He needs dropping. It’s becoming an absolute joke now.

edgecutter

Eriksen should be given his role in the next game with Fred ans casimero behind. Bruno just can't give consistent performances

Baneofthegame

Eriksen should be given his role in the next game with Fred ans casimero behind. Bruno just can't give consistent performances
I was just thinking this myself, Casemiro needs to start from here on out, with probably Fred beside him and Eriksen in front of Bruno is going to continue to plate suicide football.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The hope was (or is) that ten Hag would be the one to remedy this — i.e. feck them off and implement players to fit a possession based system so that we don’t look like a deer in headlights anytime we come across a tier 1 European side.

Early days, but it looks like all 3 are cemented as regulars under the guy. If that’s the case, it’s like you say — nothing we can do about it.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Needs to learn?

He's 28 years old now, he should have learnt long ago.

This is who he is.

Poor performance, HAS to be dropped.
:lol: dropped?? ETH doesn't have the balls to sub him let alone drop him. I think we would be so much better without him. Like that spell under Ole when he was injured. Wasn't missed.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Weird how there were reports when we bought him that City and Barca turned their noses up at him because of how often he loses the ball. We didn’t mind that. He is the absolute epitome of our non-existent scouting, knee-jerk signing strategy. We bought him as we were absolutely desperate for a lift to make top 4.

He brought us that and that is the sole reason for any of our signings. Someone who can provide enough output short term to help make the top 4. As I said, it can work and it did with him but after a while he gets completely exposed as no where near competent enough in possession for a top team. It’s criminal how often he loses the ball.

We have had no strategy or interest in building a title winning team.

Donut

Just so tired of him and his holywood balls, constant whining, playacting and post-match interviews. Please leave.

Luka Mora

Weird how there were reports when we bought him that City and Barca turned their noses up at him because of how often he loses the ball. We didn’t mind that. He is the absolute epitome of our non-existent scouting, knee-jerk signing strategy. We bought him as we were absolutely desperate for a lift to make top 4.

He brought us that and that is the sole reason for any of our signings. Someone who can provide enough output short term to help make the top 4. As I said, it can work and it did with him but after a while he gets completely exposed as no where near competent enough in possession for a top team. It’s criminal how often he loses the ball.

We have had no strategy or interest in building a title winning team.
To be fair we were linked with him all summer, but our scouts decided against signing him because they said he kept on losing possession easily.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bruno-fernandes-manchester-united-transfer-scouts

Sea-Cow

I know that he has the ability to hit early, brilliant, ambitious passes that can spring Rashford. It worked beautifully against Arsenal.

But god it is infuriating when we are getting battered and he is giving the ball away every single time he has it. Its one touch, look up, Hollywood pass straight back to their CBs or Keeper. Then we have to defend for two minutes straight.

Andersons Dietician

There is a moment where Eriksen is wide open in the middle of the park and we are breaking so instead of playing the easy pass and best passing option to Eriksen he ignores it and tries to rush a long ball.
That single bit of play is everything that is wrong with Bruno.

Panic everytime he got the ball and just trying to force a pass instead of trying to keep possession. His lack of ability to move with the ball and get himself out of trouble is concerning. That issue is magnified when you see the likes of Silva, KDB, Foden and Grealish waltz away from people.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Eriksen with 83% passing rate to Bruno at 79% that taking much bigger risks?

TsuWave

Our scouts recommended against signing him. This was widely reported and it's why we didn't sign him initially

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our scouts recommended against signing him. This was widely reported and it's why we didn't sign him initially

Yeah, we should have taken that more seriously

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He will be a big problem the next few seasons ahead. He has got that world class moment in him he can produce which lead people to believe he can be a great player and untouchable in the starting 11 while he's just very poor fit for the system we want to play.

Would play him as a false9 instead of Rashford or bench him. The captain armband and big ego will buy him a lot of time before he's benched though, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.