Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Jesus wept.
You’re telling me either are remotely good enough for where we are pretending to aspire to be? Btw Ronaldo has been more effective than Bruno this season and that says it all. Just running around doesn’t score many points for me.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So it's Ronnie's fault that Bruno runs around like a groupie after BTS when he plays?
Right now we are sadly forced to use Ronaldo. Bruno needs to stop fangirling over him and focus on the rest of the team.
Yes, It’s Ronaldo’s fault he constantly comes deep to get away from defenders because he knows if he gets into any sort of duel he will fall over, that he can’t run channels, can’t run in behind and can’t link play. Oddly enough all of these are fecking nightmares for a number 10 who plays like Bruno.

MUFC OK

A passage of play which was kicked off by a clever header from… checks notes… Bruno Fernandes.
Give it up. The bloke is terrible. You can’t honestly have watched him for the past 12-18 months and believe he’s ever getting back to the player he was before.

Lyng

Yes, It’s Ronaldo’s fault he constantly comes deep to get away from defenders because he knows if he gets into any sort of duel he will fall over, that he can’t run channels, can’t run in behind and can’t link play. Oddly enough all of these are fecking nightmares for a number 10 who plays like Bruno.
Then why not pass to the other options. Bruno almost always goes for Ronaldo even when better options are readily available. That's on Bruno. Ronaldo being shite is on Ronaldo. Stop trying to find scapegoats for Brunos shortcomings

MUFC OK

Then why not pass to the other options. Bruno almost always goes for Ronaldo even when better options are readily available. That's on Bruno. Ronaldo being shite is on Ronaldo. Stop trying to find scapegoats for Brunos shortcomings
And Bruno being shite is on Bruno, which he has been for quite some considerable time now.

Lyng

A passage of play which was kicked off by a clever header from… checks notes… Bruno Fernandes.
Why not go back further. I am sure De Gea touched the ball at some point previous to that header, is it now his assist?

Lyng

I like Bruno when he is at his best, but whenever Ronaldo plays or we are under pressure he turns into a different player.

MUFC OK

I like Bruno when he is at his best, but whenever Ronaldo plays or we are under pressure he turns into a different player.
He’s not been there for over 12 months. That man has gone.

blaming that on Ronaldo is lazy imo. Supposed to be a star player for us, yet never delivers in big moments, or hardly any moments at all.

MUFC OK

So we agree Ronaldo created the chance for Garnacho?
Don’t forget the memo, it’s all Ronaldo’s fault despite him actually creating a goal and Fernandes being invisible for 95 mins.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ronaldo comes deep into his space ergo it’s harder for him to effect play in the pockets where he thrives. When Bruno has the ball Ronaldo has zero physicality to offer balls in behind - another key Bruno strength. Football is all about balance, movement and the creation of space - Ronaldo hinders these things. Bruno isn’t without his problems but the evidence is fairly clear that he (along with seemingly every other attacker bar Garnacho thus far) looks better when Ronaldo isn’t on the pitch - like Spurs when he was our best player - or Chelsea when he created 2 big chances in the first half - or Leicester when he assisted Sancho - or Arsenal when he assisted Rashford.

Lyng

Chance creation involves more than the final pass*, obviously.

*also known as an assist
But that final pass actually split the defense.

Anyways I think we can all agree Bruno with Ronaldo in the team isn't working. Where to put the blame is somewhat irrelevant since Ronaldo will be gone soon.
I have a hope that Bruno can get back to his best when that happens.

Phil

He wasn’t shite though. As usual he was involved in basically every chance we created. Less involved than usual out wide, which isn’t ideal, but c’est la vie.
An actual sensible comment on Bruno amongst the lunacy in this thread?

MUFC OK

But that final pass actually split the defense.

Anyways I think we can all agree Bruno with Ronaldo in the team isn't working. Where to put the blame is somewhat irrelevant since Ronaldo will be gone soon.
I have a hope that Bruno can get back to his best when that happens.
Can’t see it. This bloke is a flash in the pan and his attitude stinks if we are honest.

Lyng

Ronaldo comes deep into his space ergo it’s harder for him to effect play in the pockets where he thrives. When Bruno has the ball Ronaldo has zero physicality to offer balls in behind - another key Bruno strength. Football is all about balance, movement and the creation of space - Ronaldo hinders these things. Bruno isn’t without his problems but the evidence is fairly clear that he (along with seemingly every other attacker bar Garnacho thus far) looks better when Ronaldo isn’t on the pitch - like Spurs when he was our best player - or Chelsea when he created 2 big chances in the first half - or Leicester when he assisted Sancho - or Arsenal when he assisted Rashford.
It's still about seeing chances and not being focused on the wrong target.
Eriksen has more assists than Bruno while playing a deeper role.
Bruno tries alot but has overall not been effective enough this season.

MUFC OK

Now look up the stats on chance creation.

There’s that word again. Creation.
I watch the games and that’s enough to tell me he’s not doing enough.

he’s largely awful and it’s almost painful to watch compared to when he first joined. I take no pride in saying it either but after so many poor performances you have to face reality. Ineffective is putting it lightly.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Whatever you guys say, Bruno is the probably first player on the team sheet. At least in midfield and attack. Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Rashford, Sancho and Ronaldo's spots are not safe, but Ten Hag would rather play Bruno out of position than put him on the bench. Surely he rates him highly? For good reason, in my opinion.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You’re telling me either are remotely good enough for where we are pretending to aspire to be? Btw Ronaldo has been more effective than Bruno this season and that says it all. Just running around doesn’t score many points for me.
Erm.. What?!
Fernandes may still not be at his best (he's actually had some very good games this season) but he's been way more useful than Ronaldo.

MUFC OK

Erm.. What?!
Fernandes may still not be at his best (he's actually had some very good games this season) but he's been way more useful than Ronaldo.
Bruno has contributed next to nothing apart from the spurs goal which shocked the life out of me.

Jordan_mufc

Bruno was fantastic in that first half. Everything good went through him. Went off the boil after the shape change, but it didn't help that Rashford had another stinker and lost the ball at every opportunity

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yet another absolutely abysmal performance. Two good games out of the last twelve months basically.

Malone_Post

Surprised by all the bashing he’s getting after today. I thought he put in a pretty good, and disciplined, performance in a position that doesn’t exactly suit him. The switch of system in the second half didn’t help him as he was basically stuck out wide without the ball for 45 minutes. But everything good in the first half went though him.

Eddy_JukeZ

Does he even create a high amount of chances this season?

I'd get rid in the summer.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bruno has contributed next to nothing apart from the spurs goal which shocked the life out of me.
Right, so you've just looked at goals scored and nothing else good to know. Meanwhile Ronaldo has been smashing them in every time he's played.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Had the chance to try to play it through the legs of one or two defenders to put Ronnie through but chose a great ball across the defense for Garnacho. I don't think that narrative is true.

Was disappointed with his poor deliveries from wide right the few occasions he was free there.
Ronaldo was going to be offside in that move I think however that was a good pass from Bruno set up by a filthy dummy. He is the ultimate moments player and when trying to build something reliable and consistent it becomes a problem. Wasn't his worst performance but that overhit cross at the end was extremely annoying.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can we just admit that Bruno was unbelievable against Sociedad? He was EVERYWHERE, tracking back and defending, attacking, assisting, making amazing turns and passes.

HOLY SHIT, he was world class! And he was playing in a completely unusual position for him :)

Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.