6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

What makes you think that way when we have Casemiro and Bruno who are tough, like to press, and have aggression?
Casemiro is the only one of those three who doesn’t get brushed aside by any physical opposition midfield.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Casemiro is the only one of those three who doesn’t get brushed aside by any physical opposition midfield.
In your logic, Rodri, Bernardo/David Silva, and KDB midfield is even lighter. So what's the issue here?

EtH

In your logic, Rodri, Bernardo/David Silva, and KDB midfield is even lighter. So what's the issue here?
Two of those three are vastly superior in a vastly superior side. We are not equipped to play that way. Not yet anyway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Two of those three are vastly superior in a vastly superior side. We are not equipped to play that way. Not yet anyway.
We need to play that way because the manager wants us to play that way, hence why I find it bizarre of you mentioned lightweight as an issue and think Casemiro Fred Eriksen is better and more suitable than Casemiro Eriksen Bruno to play how ten Hag wants to play. If we want to progress then players will need to start developing to play as per manager wants us to play in long term.

EtH

We need to play that way because the manager wants us to play that way, hence why I find it bizarre of you mentioned lightweight as an issue and think Casemiro Fred Eriksen is better and more suitable than Casemiro Eriksen Bruno to play how ten Hag wants to play. If we want to progress then players will need to start developing to play as per manager wants us to play in long term.
I don’t think Bruno is suited to Hag ball long term. It’s as simple as that. As Klopp did EtH will have to adapt here and there.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
its mad people going about bruno after just seeing vdb..

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t think Bruno is suited to Hag ball long term. It’s as simple as that. As Klopp did EtH will have to adapt here and there.
I would expect the midfield three you suggested is the ones have better chance to be developed to play the way how ten Hag wants us to play in long term. So in your logic, do you actually think Fred has better chance to be developed and coached to play ten Hag's system than Bruno?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
its mad people going about bruno after just seeing vdb..
It's mad seeing people rush to praise Bruno after a game in which he didn't even fecking play. All those saying x doesn't happen if Bruno plays did you even watch the Sociedad game? We gave up loads of chances and played even worse arguably. Definitely gave up more shots iirc.

We can comfortably say Bruno is better than DVB. As for the rest time will tell if he and eth can make it work.

EtH

I would expect the midfield three you suggested is the ones have better chance to be developed to play the way how ten Hag wants us to play in long term. So in your logic, do you actually think Fred has better chance to be developed and coached to play ten Hag's system than Bruno?
Yes. Obviously. I said that posts ago.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's mad seeing people rush to praise Bruno after a game in which he didn't even fecking play. All those saying x doesn't happen if Bruno plays did you even watch the Sociedad game? We gave up loads of chances and played even worse arguably. Definitely gave up more shots iirc.

We can comfortably say Bruno is better than DVB. As for the rest time will tell if he and eth can make it work.
well they can make it work,making it perfect is different.
results were ultimately there to see this isnt as much as a problem right now as made be. also vdb is an ex eth player whilst bruno plays miles better for ten hag already.

Scottynaldinho

To all those saying he wouldn't have made a difference, we created absolutely nothing in the second half even when they decided to sit deep. It reminded me of LVG days when we were behind and weren't showing any urgency.

Bruno's energy was missed but we missed his urgency on the ball. He forces the others around him to move the ball quickly.

We need to stop comparing him to KDB and understand that what he brings to the team, no one else can.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I know. Even people who get paid to analyse football saying we had a Bruno shaped hole yesterday...

...mad world.

EtH

I know. Even people who get paid to analyse football saying we had a Bruno shaped hole yesterday...

...mad world.
We had a DvB-shaped hole. You know, because he was actually playing…

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

...mad world.
Right like we've never conceded those types of goals when Bruno was playing. We missed his chance creation and his energy yesterday but if the rest of the team.plays like that and we replaced Donny with Bruno yesterday we still lose. Ronaldo, Rashford, Eriksen, Martinez and Lindelof all had poor games. It was a a bad day at the office for ETH too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes. Obviously. I said that posts ago.
Why would you want the more erratic player who has poor first touch to play deeper than the one who can retain possession better?

If we want to play the way how ten Hag wants to play then you will expect us to play the ball from the back a lot, meaning you don’t want that deeper midfielder or the deeper playmaker to be the more erratic one to lose the ball in dangerous area that closer to our goal.

romufc

People talk about Bruno like he is poor technically, hasn't got a first touch.

We have seen Lukaku at this club, Bruno is not that bad.

He averages 38 odd passes a game and Donny is averaging 15 a game. I know what I would prefer, a player willing to get on the ball and make things happen over a player who hides.

Not only that, Bruno is very underrated defensively.

youngrell

People talk about Bruno like he is poor technically, hasn't got a first touch.

We have seen Lukaku at this club, Bruno is not that bad.

He averages 38 odd passes a game and Donny is averaging 15 a game. I know what I would prefer, a player willing to get on the ball and make things happen over a player who hides.

Not only that, Bruno is very underrated defensively.
You don't score some of the goals he has if you are technically limited.

He is weak in duels and quite easy to get away from, but he works his ass off cutting off passing lanes and is good at interceptions and nicking the ball a few times a game.

And I agree about him getting on the ball. He gets involved at every available opportunity and never hides, even when he's having a bad game.

romufc

You don't score some of the goals he has if you are technically limited.

He is weak in duels and quite easy to get away from, but he works his ass off cutting off passing lanes and is good at interceptions and nicking the ball a few times a game.

And I agree about him getting on the ball. He gets involved at every available opportunity and never hides, even when he's having a bad game.
I don't actually think he is technically limited, there are alot of things he has done that has proved to me that he is a very technical player.

Yeah, he is weak but its not like he shy's away from them, he may give the ball away but like you say, he will want it back in the next minute.

We cry about mentality at this club but when a player possess it, people want him replaced by a player who has none of it.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Agree with this. The question never was would we be better playing Donny instead of Bruno, the answer to that is obvious. In fact Donny instead of most players would make us play worse so I don’t get the Bruno praise after last night either.

youngrell

I don't actually think he is technically limited, there are alot of things he has done that has proved to me that he is a very technical player.

Yeah, he is weak but its not like he shy's away from them, he may give the ball away but like you say, he will want it back in the next minute.

We cry about mentality at this club but when a player possess it, people want him replaced by a player who has none of it.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't insinuating you thought he was technically limited, just backing up what you'd said.

youngrell

Agree with this. The question never was would we be better playing Donny instead of Bruno, the answer to that is obvious. In fact Donny instead of most players would make us play worse so I don’t get the Bruno praise after last night either.
So who do you want instead of Bruno? Fred or McTominay?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Literally nobody is praising Bruno because of the Villa game. Just pointing out that he was missed. Which was also predicted before last night’s match. And this wasn’t a startling revalation. We’ve played poorly in every single game we start without him. So we were obviously going to be a worse team without him. He’s an important player for us. Even though many seem to be in denial about this.

romufc

Literally nobody is praising Bruno because of the Villa game. Just pointing out that he was missed. Which was also predicted before last night’s match. And this wasn’t a startling revalation. We’ve played poorly in every single game we start without him. So we were obviously going to be a worse team without him. He’s an important player for us. Even though many seem to be in denial about this.
I think people feel like this because there is a big portion of the fan base that does not like Bruno and they want him gone.

There were people celebrating his absence this game, so when we lost and people pointing out we missed Bruno, they can't take it.

There is a reason why Ten Hag has Bruno playing almost every minute of every game, he is crucial to us creating chances.

What we also need is Martial back, the connection they have on the pitch is missed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I think people feel like this because there is a big portion of the fan base that does not like Bruno and they want him gone.

There were people celebrating his absence this game, so when we lost and people pointing out we missed Bruno, they can't take it.

There is a reason why Ten Hag has Bruno playing almost every minute of every game, he is crucial to us creating chances.

What we also need is Martial back, the connection they have on the pitch is missed.
Martial. Or any competent striker, who isn’t fecking constantly a yard offside. There was a moment in the Sociedad game which really sums up how difficult Ronaldo is to play with. Bruno picked the ball up in a promising position, saw that Ronaldo was miles offside and had to play a much more difficult pass to Garnacho instead. He pulled it off, to his credit, but imagine how much easier his job would be without dealing with crap like that?

romufc

Martial. Or any competent striker, who isn’t fecking constantly a yard offside. There was a moment in the Sociedad game which really sums up how difficult Ronaldo is to play with. Bruno picked the ball up in a promising position, saw that Ronaldo was miles offside and had to play a much more difficult pass to Garnacho instead. He pulled it off, to his credit, but imagine how much easier his job would be without dealing with crap like that?
Yep. it is so unfortunate that our attackers are injured at the moment. We are playing a 3rd choice ST and a academy player upfront with Rashford.

Compare it to when Martial and Bruno play, Martial actually makes moves when Bruno gets the ball because he knows, he will look to play him in, whereas Ronaldo wants the ball to feet.

Last season, Ronaldo scored the goals but we played badly, this season he isn't even scoring the chances he gets, he offers 0 to the team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yep. it is so unfortunate that our attackers are injured at the moment. We are playing a 3rd choice ST and a academy player upfront with Rashford.

Compare it to when Martial and Bruno play, Martial actually makes moves when Bruno gets the ball because he knows, he will look to play him in, whereas Ronaldo wants the ball to feet.

Last season, Ronaldo scored the goals but we played badly, this season he isn't even scoring the chances he gets, he offers 0 to the team.
I'm a bit fearful we get something like:

........... Ronaldo
Martial Bruno Rashford

or

.......... Ronaldo
Rashford Martial Bruno

at the weekend, which I can't see working. Martial has to play up top without Ronaldo in his way.

romufc

I'm a bit fearful we get something like:

........... Ronaldo
Martial Bruno Rashford

or

.......... Ronaldo
Rashford Martial Bruno

at the weekend, which I can't see working. Martial has to play up top without Ronaldo in his way.
I think we have seen from the start of the season that ETH does not rate Ronaldo. If Martial is fit, I reckon he starts up top on his own with Bruno as the 10.

I would rather have Elanga or Pellestri on the right than to start Ronaldo and mess with the balance of the team.

Idxomer

This happened yesterday numerous times, both Dalot and Eriksen could've played him on if he isn't parking himself in an offside position. The worst part is he doesn't even bother to get back onside most of the time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This happened yesterday numerous times, both Dalot and Eriksen could've played him on if he isn't parking himself in an offside position. The worst part is he doesn't even bother to get back onside most of the time.
It’s so weird to watch. It’s like when players deliberately stand a yard or two offside before a freekick, so they can step back just before the kick is taken. Only it’s not a freekick. It’s in open play. And he won’t have time to get back onside before the pass is played. I don’t know what’s going through his head. He must know he’s offside, surely?

romufc

It’s so weird to watch. It’s like when players deliberately stand a yard or two offside before a freekick, so they can step back just before the kick is taken. Only it’s not a freekick. It’s in open play. And he won’t have time to get back onside before the pass is played. I don’t know what’s going through his head. He must know he’s offside, surely?
I think he is deluded... he thought he can still play for a CL team. Then he thought he was too good for us.

Now, defenders have realised he isnt a threat so they dont focus on him, previously he was a threat so defenders drop back playing him onside.

He cannot start again for us, he is so bad in all aspects of the game.

youngrell

Well can't we try it first and then decide?
We have tried it a few times in the second half of games. Only a small sample but it hasn't had a great effect in those instances, hence why the boss probably doesn't try it from the start (or indeed when Bruno is suspended).

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We have tried it a few times in the second half of games. Only a small sample but it hasn't had a great effect in those instances, hence why the boss probably doesn't try it from the start (or indeed when Bruno is suspended).
Yeah, we shifted him on the wing, that's not the same, not going to work.

romufc

Forgot about that half to be honest. Cant seem to remember Eriksen as 10. Did we play 433 in the first half?
No Eriksen played as a 10 in that game. Casemiro and Fred started in the pivot.

Regardless, it is obvious that Bruno is our best 10 and ETH seems to agree with that. It also looks like he really rates Bruno, he does not even sub him in PL games, he plays 90 mins in most games.

I remember Ole getting criticised for this, Rangnick done the same and now ETH. There must be a reason 3 managers are all playing Bruno in the 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.