6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olecurls99

I will never not find it weird as feck that there are actual, real-life Manchester United fans who think this guy is a problem, or an impediment to the team ever winning stuff.

And check this out, one of them also thinks Pogba did well for us. Mad, eh?
Because for a good stretch his performances where terrible. Let's not rewrite history.

Blood Mage

Only a matter of time until we burn him out if he plays every game with the intensity he plays with.

Oranges038

Because for a good stretch his performances where terrible. Let's not rewrite history.
Earlier on in the season he a had a poor spell. I think I even said I'd have Maddison over him at one point.

But he's always the most creative and dangerous player in the team. I've said all along he needed to play with a bit more composure and that's what he's doing now. He's not racking up the assists but seems to be playing more of the passes for the assist.

He's one hell of a player when he plays like he has been lately. A real throw back to someone like Rio Costa. Wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

Olecurls99

That’s exactly what you did with the first sentence of that post.
Look he's a fantastic player. His intelligence, vision, attitude and technique are phenomenal.

But he's a very peculiar 10 in that he's not very good at keeping the ball under pressure. Typically your 10 is the best player in the team at that. During the bad times this weakness was much more exposed and his performances dipped and fans grew frustrated with him.

Thankfully we have a good team around him now and he usually has a pass on every time he gets the ball.

romufc

I find it weird that people say he has no technique, how can someone who watches say that when he can deliver a ball with his instep and outside the boot with such accuracy?

I agree with everyone that I want to see Bruno as far away from our box though, he scares me there, he loses the ball and takes too long.

Davie Moyes

I will never not find it weird as feck that there are actual, real-life Manchester United fans who think this guy is a problem, or an impediment to the team ever winning stuff.

And check this out, one of them also thinks Pogba did well for us. Mad, eh?
Totally agree. It's absolutely bonkers and does my head in. One of the most frustrating things to keep reading about on the Cafe and it's not just restricted to a few posters.

Lemoor

I find it weird that people say he has no technique, how can someone who watches say that when he can deliver a ball with his instep and outside the boot with such accuracy?
He's a horrible dribbler and for a lot of people technique just means dribbling.

romufc

He's a horrible dribbler and for a lot of people technique just means dribbling.
He isn't a dribbler. Dribbling is not technique though, if people dont understand that, then Pep's team have no technique.

RedIan

Define dribbling ? Running with the ball? Bruno is very good. Beating a man? He can do that..

Back to his best imo. He will always misplace a few creative passes but he gets more right than wrong.

GueRed

Not a perfect footballer by any means but he's a constant threat in attack and such an unselfish player i love him.

You can see why he is vice captain, a leader. One of the biggest voices at the club.

This season is also another example of what good coaching can do. Last season he ran himself to the ground aimlessly running around like a headless chicken.

This season under ten Hag his pressing (and as a team as a whole) is so much more effective which is good to see.

I just hope he doesn't get burnt out,

Important player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was impressed by how Bruno played on the right yesterday. He can be very hit and miss in that position. Last night he was really good though.

All of a sudden United started to get good balls into the box. Which simply wasn't happening when Antony was out there. Kinda felt sorry for Weghorst that he got taken off just when Bruno started putting crosses in.

I felt that our forwards could have done more to attack the box when Bruno had it wide. Seemed like everyone wanted a cut back every time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was very good last night. Most things seemed to come off for him and he was well up for it. Was good on the right too.

The United

Another good game. Shame that I thought he had another assist or two in that half before the Cas's sent off.

lost7

He was excellent today, very happy to see him play well semi consistently now

Godfather

Really good today. Fred him and Sabitzer will be one of the most energetic midfields out there

zaafi

Fantastic performance by him today. You could tell how much he wanted to win today, especially after Casemiro went off.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He’s plying really well at the moment, his work rate and drive is fantastic. Would love to know his and Fred’s running stats today.

Ekeke

Obviously he's not playing as well as he did when he first came, but I think this is important to note

People sometimes call him out for not doing enough when we dont have the ball. And I would say after initially being our best presser in forward areas, he certainly calmed it down. Well this season he's back working hard when we dont have the ball trying to win it back. He averages our 2nd most tackles per game after Casemiro

Great contribution from your AM on top of what you give with the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's always going to be critics of Fernandes and I've been one of those people. And I've accepted that he's a risk taker in the final third, and to be fair to him, he does produce the finish or final pass.

But what he brings to the party apart from his final third contributions, is his professionalism in the dressing room. And that's been documented in The Athletic, where they've stated that he's the biggest allie of the manager in the dressing room and wants everyone to adhere to the rules. It's no surprise he's been made the captain.

I think our problem isn't Bruno but rather the players who are weak in the first phase of the build up. And when your manager is Erik ten Hag, backing him should mean backing his principles of play and not individual players.

Djemba-Djemba

I love Bruno and I find a lot of the criticism he gets on here ridiculous, even when he's bad he's still capable of moments of magic.

He was brilliant today again though, took the penalty well too.

He's hitting some good form at a crucial period, he's scoring goals again.

The United

Obviously he's not playing as well as he did when he first came, but I think this is important to note

People sometimes call him out for not doing enough when we dont have the ball. And I would say after initially being our best presser in forward areas, he certainly calmed it down. Well this season he's back working hard when we dont have the ball trying to win it back. He averages our 2nd most tackles per game after Casemiro

Great contribution from your AM on top of what you give with the ball.
I am still amazed that some people going over the top by saying he didn't contribute if he wasn't scoring a penalty or having an assist. Some even accused him of being "one man headless chicken pressing" and making us vulnerable in the middle. He is the least of the team's problems since he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.