5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
With Rooney at least he would smash someone from time to time so it was rage and aggression.
Rooney gives hardman vibes. If he shouts out you, you sheepishly smile and say “sorry Wayne” with your head down.

With Bruno it just looks like whinging and moaning like a spoiled brat, especially with all the time he spends on the deck. If Bruno shouts at you, you’re more likely to tell him “I dare you to raise your voice at me one more time”.

I think that’s why with one player it’s inspiring and with another it’s just annoying.
Bruno’s brand of petulance is definitely more Ronaldo than Rooney, I agree. Either way it’s nothing we haven’t seen before and the ridiculous over the top hatred it gets from a cohort of our fans could only happen in an era when the team being as shit as if has for such a long period of time has created an incredibly toxic fanbase. 10 years ago we’d have been laughing at fans of other clubs for being wound up by his antics.

Last edited:

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
All after the interview above, when he said he’d lost his aggression. Which yer man seems to think is when he went into decline.

Anyway, the point is he was no less of a moaner as his ability waned. If anything he got more and more cranky. Which is understandable.
I'd say he was great in that 10-11 spell at the end, but still nothing like the player from 09-10 who won games on his own. Rooney was so good that even at less than his peak he was a world class player. But yeah, that 10-11 spell was absolutely less than his peak. And after that it just got gradually worse.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
I've seen a few comparisons between Bruno and De Bruyne on the caf (I've made them myself) to counteract arguments about pass completion, however I've never seen anyone say he was a better player than De Bruyne. Feel free to pull up some quotes to prove me wrong. I'd be surprised if you did.
By “we” I’m talking about the fanbase generally especially 2020 and 2021 back when Bruno was our new Cantona :lol: ahh I miss the delusion of the Ole era.

Bwuk

By “we” I’m talking about the fanbase generally especially 2020 and 2021 back when Bruno was our new Cantona :lol: ahh I miss the delusion of the Ole era.
I mean, Bruno was basically scoring and winning us every game back then?

Lyng

With Rooney at least he would smash someone from time to time so it was rage and aggression.
Rooney gives hardman vibes. If he shouts out you, you sheepishly smile and say “sorry Wayne” with your head down.
:lol::lol:

Rooney gives Onslow vibe....

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
I mean, Bruno was basically scoring and winning us every game back then?
Yeah he was very good back then especially when Pogba and Matic were fit. The post-Ole version of Bruno is a huge downgrade unfortunately. You have to give Ole credit where it’s due. He got the best out of Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Pogba and somebody else who I cannot name.

NZT-One

Bruno’s brand of petulance is definitely more Ronaldo than Rooney, I agree. Either way it’s nothing we haven’t seen before and the ridiculous over the top hatred it gets from a cohort of our fans could only happen in an era when the team being as shit as if has for such a long period of time has created an incredibly toxic fanbase. 10 years ago we’d have been laughing at fans of other clubs for being wound up by his antics.
Just fyi and this genuine constructive criticism given that we are buddies now after you agreed to me for once, I think, your postings in here are a big chunk of that toxicity. Name calling, calling people clueless, this passive aggressive talk about your ignore list. I am sure, you feel justified for it but to me, personally, it feels like one of the bullies is leading the anti-bullying parade whenever I read posts like this...

I would immediately confirm, that Redcafe has some wild takes on a few things but the most extreme takes are mostly due to heated discussions after things got personal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just fyi and this genuine constructive criticism given that we are buddies now after you agreed to me for once, I think, your postings in here are a big chunk of that toxicity. Name calling, calling people clueless, this passive aggressive talk about your ignore list. I am sure, you feel justified for it but to me, personally, it feels like one of the bullies is leading the anti-bullying parade whenever I read posts like this...

I would immediately confirm, that Redcafe has some wild takes on a few things but the most extreme takes are mostly due to heated discussions after things got personal.
It’s cute that you think I’m talking about redcafe but nah, the toxic fanbase is much much broader than this place. Fuelled mainly by social media with (thankfully) a relatively limited spillover to redcafe. And I’m not talking about fans saying mean things to each other (won’t someone think of the children!). That’s nothing new. In fact this place is infinitely more polite now than it was when the United fanbase as a whole was a hell of a lot less toxic.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Don’t have much time for replying as I’m out over Xmas. So I’ll reply with some of your own belters….Also just for consistency from you, in 90 mins last night Bruno played 47 passes with an atrocious 66% conversion rate…..Surely not or you’d be saying things like this:

Because a match lasts 90 minutes and two great assists takes less than 90 seconds

65% in all areas of the pitch is fecking shocking. Those are Nani on a bad day stats. Absolutely diabolical for a CM. Surely they’re not accurate?!? (They weren’t)

He did play well overall though. But we know he’s capable of playing that well. If only he could be more consistent and cut out these stupid moments then he really would be as good as his fan club on here seem to think he is.

The one really big "fact" I want to see in defence is someone reminding me that I've misremembered his frankly pitiful return of two objectively MOTM displays in big games since he signed for the club. I'm honestly curious here

Are we talking goals? Turns out taking 10 penalties (it is 10, right?) in a season is good for a player's goals tally. Who'd have thunk it

And let's not forget this discussion is now getting focussed exclusively on the one thing that everyone agrees is capable of doing well. Playing one or two really great, creative passes every 90 minutes or so.

And regarding putting chances on a plate for absolute donkeys to miss:

Aubameyang is the league's top scorer but has missed 20 "big chances" this season.
Lukaku and Rashford have missed 14 each
Lacazette is on 13
Kane is on 11
Aguero on 10

Q aimed at everyone, not just the person I quoted.

Big games, against top opposition, where he stood up to be counted. Proper game changing performances. The sort of thing you'd expect from the best player at a top football club.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

This season’s really just been the same as previous seasons. Some good games, some great games and a load of average to shit games. With the good/great games almost always against piss poor opposition.

You could make a case for him being one of our better performers but only because everyone else has been so crap. And it keeps coming back to the fact that truly great players - the type of player he is supposed to be - inspire and elevate the performance of everyone around them. Especially in the toughest fixtures. Which is laughably far removed from what’s been actually happening.

But look at the really top players who play (or used to play) in his position. They can produce a couple of passes like that in any give game and do all the other stuff at an extremely high level. It’s fecking madness that you’d give him a pass for two quality moments over 90 minutes.

Obviously we’ve far far worse players in our squad but for someone who is supposed to be the star of the bunch he underwhelms a disgraceful amount of times every season

what an arrogant prat. Telling other people what they do and don’t know about football because they have a different opinion to you about a player’s performance. Have a word with yourself

All the best pal.
Jesus wept :lol: you must be some craic when you’re out!

Based Adnan

Lovely dummy from out captain to set up Forest for their counter and their second

I can't wait until he fecks off

El Jefe

Didn’t even give it a game before making his supporters in the last two pages look silly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did he get those extra 5 chances created tonight to beat Ozil’s record? Nothing on Statman David’s twitter just yet.

PoTMS

He's an idiot. I know he's the least of our problems but I genuinely can't wait for him to be fecked off by a better manager.

In Rainbows

My god, the guy just can't make the simple obvious pass to Amad. Thankfully one of those times ended up as a goal because of Turner's mistake, but I'm so sick of it. The guy plays as if he's only in it for his own stat sheet.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The dummy was shite but so much poor defensive work happened after it.

He's at blame for not doing more in terms of the chance but not for conceding. Scott McTominay in particular was abysmal.

klayton88

I bet the shitbag sends somebody else out for the post match press. He only shows his face after a win.

Mainoldo

Can the stat pads tell us how far away he is from everyone else in created chances? I need a laugh.

Heinzesight

The dummy was shite but so much poor defensive work happened after it.

He's at blame for not doing more in terms of the chance but not for conceding. Scott McTominay in particular was abysmal.
When we do a cut back or square ball across the box, we dummy it or smack it at the defender. Happens a lot. Opposition does it and it’s almost a penalty.

Always liked Fernandes but he’s getting more and more frustrating by the week.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Quite rare to see so many people blame a conceded goal on an attempted dummy in the opposition's penalty area. Only in the Bruno thread!

From reading some of these comments you'd have thought he dummied it, then received the ball and booted it 80 yards in the opposite direction into Onana's goal.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Quite rare to see so many people blame a conceded goal on an attempted dummy in the opposition's penalty area. Only in the Bruno thread!

From reading some of these comments you'd have thought he dummied it, then received the ball and booted it 80 yards in the opposite direction into Onana's goal.
It's the same every time we concede a chance/goal after a Bruno mistake. It doesn't matter if happens 3 seconds or 10 seconds later with a perfectly established defence. It was still Bruno's fault.

Not good today. Far from our worst. Shit day at the office from practically everyone.

NZT-One

Oh no, how on earth will he cope in our next game?! Do you not remember how he played against Forest's low block in April? You might want to check the post-match reactions on here to jog your memory.
So what do you think, did his great performance in the last Forest match help him or not?

Seems like I was onto something after the last match. I think, it was a total failure from the team, didn't think he was particularly bad but in the end it was also a relatively typical Bruno match. Busy but limited end product, long balls that created openings, long balls that conceded possession. Midfield just doesn't work. For me, this failure is on ETH for a gamble in Halftime that didn't pay off. Bruno has to be the highest midfielder. If, for whatever reason can't play there, get him off the pitch or on the right side. Everything else is just not worth the huzzle.