2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

GazTheLegend

he really is the russell westbrook of this team. Stats will look good but theres a reason you dont win titles with him.
Is the 'reason' that he's being played alongside forwards who can't score goals, defenders who can't defend and wingers who can't play football? Because that's a pretty good reason for me. Bruno's CARRYING this absolute shower of shit we call a football team. Where do you think we'd be without him? Haven't you seen us play without Bruno, we are relegation fodder. Probably the one reason we're anywhere close to top four is that we've got Bruno Fernandes to count on. Without him there's just... nothing. No goals. No work rate. He is just endlessly fit and thank feck for that.

I genuinely think he could win the title if he played for Liverpool. Next to Salah, and with that midfield beside him - they'd be just as strong, stronger in my opinion. Maybe he would even win the title for Arsenal. And -definitely- for City. Fernandes would do fine there. Put him in place of de Bruyne and maybe they do even better, in fact, because Fernandes is fit for 60 games a season.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Is the 'reason' that he's being played alongside forwards who can't score goals, defenders who can't defend and wingers who can't play football? Because that's a pretty good reason for me. Bruno's CARRYING this absolute shower of shit we call a football team. Where do you think we'd be without him? Haven't you seen us play without Bruno, we are relegation fodder. Probably the one reason we're anywhere close to top four is that we've got Bruno Fernandes to count on. Without him there's just... nothing. No goals. No work rate. He is just endlessly fit and thank feck for that.

I genuinely think he could win the title if he played for Liverpool. Next to Salah, and with that midfield beside him - they'd be just as strong, stronger in my opinion. Maybe he would even win the title for Arsenal. And -definitely- for City. Fernandes would do fine there. Put him in place of de Bruyne and maybe they do even better, in fact, because Fernandes is fit for 60 games a season.
An opinion I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but one which will get vehemently ridiculed by the usual suspects on this thread.

zaafi

An opinion I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but one which will get vehemently ridiculed by the usual suspects on this thread.
That would be ridiculed by most fans in the world. Imagine thinking Bruno is going to lead Liverpool to the title or replace De Bruyne with him and somehow they'll be better! :lol: :lol:

Some absolutely insane takes.

El Jefe

We all know Bruno’s time to shine is in games like the weekend and possibly even the next two vs Copenhagen and Luton. It will result in his fans screaming about good he is and rehashing tweets of his goals and assists tally since he joined in 2020.

Then the games in December against Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern will come around and he’ll serve up predictable stinkers and prove for the 100th time he’s not a player you accommodate if you want to be a winning team.

Then the next set of relatively easy fixtures will come around and he’ll win some of these for us and his supporters will get amnesia and ridicule any Bruno criticism.

This has been the cycle for three seasons now. Only difference is the Bruno truthers club has gotten smaller each year. It was almost taboo back in 20/21 to say a bad word about him but it’s hard to argue against a clear pattern.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

That would be ridiculed by most fans in the world. Imagine thinking Bruno is going to lead Liverpool to the title or replace De Bruyne with him and somehow they'll be better! :lol: :lol:

Some absolutely insane takes.
Imagine thinking selling Bruno and replacing him with Joelinton would be an improvement :lol:

Winrar

We all know Bruno’s time to shine is in games like the weekend and possibly even the next two vs Copenhagen and Luton. It will result in his fans screaming about good he is and rehashing tweets of his goals and assists tally since he joined in 2020.

Then the games in December against Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern will come around and he’ll serve up predictable stinkers and prove for the 100th time he’s not a player you accommodate if you want to be a winning team.

Then the next set of relatively easy fixtures will come around and he’ll win some of these for us and his supporters will get amnesia and ridicule any Bruno criticism.

This has been the cycle for three seasons now. Only difference is the Bruno truthers club has gotten smaller each year. It was almost taboo back in 20/21 to say a bad word about him but it’s hard to argue against a clear pattern.
I admit I was one of the earlier "truthers" who basically believed he could do no wrong because he came up with so many goals and assists.

Once those dried up though... his limitations are in full display.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Watch us go into those games with a starting 11 that contains Maguire and Evans at the back, Mctominay as our DM and Antony on the wing. We'll inevitably get outclassed by far superior opponents and the same old posters will go into a meltdown, labelling Bruno as solely responsible for failing to lead us to victories against Bayern and Liverpool.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Him losing the ball times and times again the whole squad is breaking their bones covering lost ground

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
@Idxomer is a partial latter day @Scholesy the prophet.

This thread is like a Christopher Nolan film. More Tenet than Memento.

What's "interesting" is every Bruno thread after the first, stellar season, is exactly like the next one, and the next one, and the next one.
Maybe he still has a lot in the bank

Lyng

I think this a nonsensical point of view when he has been as bad as he has been this season. He isnt carrying anything at the moment. The goal against Fulhalm was good, but if it wasnt for Pellistri that match would have ended in a draw.
We have played two matches without him. Palace and Newcastle. Against Palace was the best we have looked all season. Against Newcastle we looked decent at times and the main reason we lost that match was due to terrible defending by Dalot and Lindelöf.

Bruno at his best is absolutely someone who can propel this team to great things, but we havent seen that this year. Blaming that on his team mates is weird when he is just as much at fault. Our main strikers lack of goals is in a large part due to Bruno not passing to him. Thats on Bruno, not Rasmus.
Its not Bruno's fault that our defense is shaky or that our midfield is unbalanced. Thats due to injuries and sometimes due to weird tactics by Ten Hag.
Bruno isnt THE problem, but it has been A problem that he has played so bad this season.

NZT-One

I find it astonishing, that you, after so many attempts to try to explain it you, still act as if thats the position of the majority of posters. There are few pretty radical positions here but the consensus (if there is one) is not that we are better off playing with 10 players. Which is what you seemingly act against. Obviously Bruno should be replaced by somebody with similar qualities but with a few extra traits like ball carrying and press resistance.

I can understand, that some are annoyed by radical positions criticizing a player who is at least delivering good numbers. But it certainly feels as if some of you are acting in bad faith at this point.

In principle, the whole debate has two sides: one side that thinks Bruno is fine, we can just keep playing what we are playing as long as we improve on player quality, we are going to compete again. The other side thinks we have to improve our general play and a player like Bruno is ONE of the factors that hold us back (because he is playing in such an important area of the pitch, because of his specific skillset, because of the playstyle he seems to flourish in, which isn't a playstyle many topclubs have these days)

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I find it astonishing, that you, after so many attempts to try to explain it you, still act as if thats the position of the majority of posters. There are few pretty radical positions here but the consensus (if there is one) is not that we are better off playing with 10 players. Which is what you seemingly act against. Obviously Bruno should be replaced by somebody with similar qualities but with a few extra traits like ball carrying and press resistance.

I can understand, that some are annoyed by radical positions criticizing a player who is at least delivering good numbers. But it certainly feels as if some of you are acting in bad faith at this point.

In principle, the whole debate has two sides: one side that thinks Bruno is fine, we can just keep playing what we are playing as long as we improve on player quality, we are going to compete again. The other side thinks we have to improve our general play and a player like Bruno is ONE of the factors that hold us back (because he is playing in such an important area of the pitch, because of his specific skillset, because of the playstyle he seems to flourish in, which isn't a playstyle many topclubs have these days)
Go back and read the posts on this thread in the aftermath of some of our losses this season. There isn't a general consensus of "Bruno is one of the factors holding us back". There is some mad shit being posted by more than just a couple of radical posters. The level of criticism varies, and a lot of it is unjustified, hence why posters like myself chime in.

Just because you hold a view that you believe is fair, and you have seen others post a similar opinion, doesn't mean that this reflects the stance of the majority of caf posters.

lost7

He saved us against Fulham, so credit in the bank. But as a captain you have to wonder if he should show more leadership when we went down to 10 men

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
3-2 up and he’s still trying stupid passes instead of keeping the ball. This is why we struggle to hold on in games. Just keep the fecking ball.

Rockets Redglare

That moment with the poor pass to McTominay at 3-2 was absolutely infuriating.
Thought he was decent apart from that.

Danny

3-2 up and he’s still trying stupid passes instead of keeping the ball. This is why we struggle to hold on in games. Just keep the fecking ball.
Agreed. We kept the ball brilliantly until our penalty then after that decided to look for risk taking passes. I don't understand.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he was poor. He gets most things wrong, but he gets some things right just because of volume of situations he finds himself in to make "that" pass. This might be his biggest strength actually, somehow he attracts the ball in this no10 position.

sammyhol

Was great for 30 mins playing in his actual position… can’t blame him for much else after that…

Erik… you proved in that first 30 mins that a 4231 with Bruno at 10 and fullbacks providing the width is by far our best system.

I never want to see 4141 again!!!

Heinzesight

3-2 up and we need to waste time as much as possible. Bruno on that corner has all sorts thrown at him and he does the right thing by walking away. Nice bit of time wasting.

He goes back to the corner and more missiles are thrown and takes the corner! He should have walked away again and eat into the clock. Really fecked me off that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Scored a high pressure penalty to put us back in front
Result is not remotely on him
Agree. Although I wish he'd have made a better choice when he squared it to McTominay late on.

Walters_19_MuFc

Showed passion but still missing the quality. Had a good chance to put it on the plate for McTominay but made a poor pass. Penalty was well taken, though.

the_cliff

Did you miss our first two goals?
The first goal was mainly down to AWB and iirc it was actually Mctominay that got the assist. The second goal I'm assuming you're talking about his pass to Garnacho which would be a fairly simple pass for any EPL standard midfielder...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The first goal was mainly down to AWB and iirc it was actually Mctominay that got the assist. The second goal I'm assuming you're talking about his pass to Garnacho which would be a fairly simple pass for any EPL standard midfielder...
First goal was a decent pass with his left foot to Rashford in a load of space. Second goal was a better pass than you’re obviously willing to admit, after winning possession with an interception. But ho hum. You seem to seriously think he did nothing other than score that penalty so I’d be wasting my time to try and change your mind.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Did you miss our first two goals?
No way you're actually crediting him for playing that hospital pass for Rashford on the first goal :lol:

Thank god Rashford brought it down like Zidane. Second goal sure but I mean it wasn't anything world beating. Most decent midfielders can play that pass in a 3v2.

Overall Bruno wasn't as terrible as he's been recently, but it's also harder to judge post red card. The last pass to McTominay was fecking horrific though, he has to play that earlier or play it to the far post.

the_cliff

First goal was a decent pass with his left foot to Rashford in a load of space. Second goal was a better pass than you’re obviously willing to admit, after winning possession with an interception. But ho hum. You seem to seriously think he did nothing other than score that penalty so I’d be wasting my time to try and change your mind.
Ok that's your opinion. The pass to Rashford in my opinion was not a good pass, Rashford did well to even control it.

As for the second pass to Garnacho I struggle to think of a Manchester United midfielder that wouldn't be able to make such a pass in such space. If that's the bar for having a good performance in your eyes then that's your opinion. I'm of the thinking that if that was a good performance by a Manchester United midfielder then we're in big trouble and we are in big trouble.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Ok that's your opinion. The pass to Rashford in my opinion was not a good pass, Rashford did well to even control it.

As for the second pass to Garnacho I struggle to think of a Manchester United midfielder that wouldn't be able to make such a pass in such space. If that's the bar for having a good performance in your eyes then that's your opinion. I'm of the thinking that if that was a good performance by a Manchester United midfielder then we're in big trouble and we are in big trouble.
re: 2nd goal. it wasn't made by the pass, it was made by anticipating what the opposition did and intercepting the ball in an advantageous position, that was top class midfiled play

Alemar

4g +3a so far this season. It’s quite poor, but at the same time it’s still top of this team and ahead of Casemiro (4+2)

The Oracle

No way you're actually crediting him for playing that hospital pass for Rashford on the first goal :lol:

Thank god Rashford brought it down like Zidane. Second goal sure but I mean it wasn't anything world beating. Most decent midfielders can play that pass in a 3v2.

Overall Bruno wasn't as terrible as he's been recently, but it's also harder to judge post red card. The last pass to McTominay was fecking horrific though, he has to play that earlier or play it to the far post.
Came here to post the same. What made it worse was that we were 3-2 up when it happened.
A bit of composure and the outcome of the match could have been different.

Irwin99

That moment with the poor pass to McTominay at 3-2 was absolutely infuriating.
Thought he was decent apart from that.
Yeah he had a good game, again workrate was very good, but that pass needed more composure. McTominay was really pissed off at the pass. Should have been 4-2.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I thought he did well enough. Instrumental for the second goal, good penalty and overall decent play. Him and Højlund can leave the pitch with some dignity at least.