2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Jeffthered

Same here... Think, it was beyond bizarre that he wasn't the one going off when Eriksen came on. McTom wasn't great either, could've brought on Meijbri and Mount at the same time. The whole team isn't clicking right now, I think, the only chance ETH has, is to really drop a signal here, either bench Bruno or Rashford. It clearly isn't working. Those two might turn out the anchor dragging the manager down eventually...
I was going to post the very same statement.

ETH has to make some big calls. Bruno is no captain and Rashford is struggling to impose himself on games.

Mount, Rasmus, Garnacho, SMT... all deserve starting ahead of Rashford and Bruno.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's the next one who needs phasing out of the team, he's absolute rubbish.

talking robot

Don’t see his added value to be honest. If we got an offer of 60 million pounds for him, would it really be right to turn that down?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's the next one who needs phasing out of the team, he's absolute rubbish.
He’s clearly not rubbish is he? In elite form for his national team and has shown before that he can be a top creator.

His form for us this season cannot be denied though. It’s very very poor.

Ludens the Red

His bottom level is actually offensive to the eyes. Absolutely dire player at times. Loses his head and starts trying impossible cross field balls with his wrong foot. All the wrong stuff you need as a captain:

PoTMS

Has he been this shite for Portugal this season? If not, what the feck is he playing at in a United shirt?

philippexyz

Hopefully do to Bruno what ETH did to Maguire.

Progressively less games until he ends up on the bench more often than not. Give him a run out in Europa league and cup games.

Problem is the only way that happens is if we spend big on someone to take over the role. Or bring in Potter and he'll give it to Mount.
Yes. Mount could be the most advanced midfielder, 8/10 hybrid while we bring a tempo controlling, press resistant ball carrier next to a classic DM to help in the build up and suddenly our midfield would work in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, whatever you want.

el3mel

It's not like we have better alternatives on the bench. Eriksen can't play a full 90 minutes with the same intensity.

Like it or not, regardless of his performance, we have no replacement for Bruno.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s clearly not rubbish is he? In elite form for his national team and has shown before that he can be a top creator.

What has the national team got to do with anything? And elite form is laughable.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

No, I was being hyperbolic but he's been fecking dreadful this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What has the national team got to do with anything? And elite form is laughable.
Kind of funny that the defence that was frequently used for Pogba is now the defence for Bruno.

Baxquux

He's been horribly indulged, partly because half of our forwards seem to lack any kind of top-flight level vision, bravery, ability to spot a pass etc so he stands out. As other posters have said, he's also just not good at controlling a game from midfield, despite the stamina, in terms of dictating tempo, anticipating runs and passes of opponents, tackling etc...

Glorio

As much as you want passion from your captain, you need a calm head. Bruno is the opposite and spends too much energy talking to others and getting worked up rather than concentrating on his game. There just seems to be too much going on in his head at any one time

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The player also plays football for their national team and therefore you can judge their ability? He has been great for Portugal recently. I think he has 20 G/A in 13 games for them.

NZT-One

I was going to post the very same statement.

ETH has to make some big calls. Bruno is no captain and Rashford is struggling to impose himself on games.

Mount, Rasmus, Garnacho, SMT... all deserve starting ahead of Rashford and Bruno.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I am not even his biggest adversary. Don't think, he is the root cause of all evil but it is definitely time to drop him for one or two games. Most likely football won't be too much better in his absence but there is just no chance that he should get the impression that his performance are good enough to start every game. As you said, we have Mount and Eriksen, central creator wise we are pretty well stocked.

OldSchoolManc

Great at national level for the past year against the giants of Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Bosnia, Iceland and Slovakia

FerociousCorgis

I don't give a shit about his performances with national team. He has been mainly trash for united for a long time now it seems. But hey he got credited for an assist today so people can point to that on his stats, even though it was an absolute shit pass. Our "stars" are an embarrassment this season

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't give a shit about his performances with national team. He has been mainly trash for united for a long time now it seems. But hey he got credited for an assist today so people can point to that on his stats, even though it was an absolute shit pass. Our "stars" are an embarrassment this season
This was only in response to someone saying he’s rubbish. Which he clearly isn’t. He’s in terrible form and if it goes on much longer it will stop being bad form and just be his level now.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The player also plays football for their national team and therefore you can judge their ability? He has been great for Portugal recently. I think he has 20 G/A in 13 games for them.
Have you bothered to check the standard of opposition

neon_badger

It would be very interesting to see us play a run of games without him, but Ten Hag won't drop him and he never gets injured ( I'm a bit suspicious of that) so I guess we'll continue banging our heads against a wall. Can see him being in Harry Maguire/ Jadon Sancho territory by the end of the season.

Malone_Post

Don’t see how we ever become a team that controls games, and therefore a team that wins leagues, with him in the team. You just can’t build anything with a player that is constantly giving the ball away. He produces moments of magic, but is it worth the constant turnovers? I’m not sure anymore. I watch someone like Odegaard and he’s capable of producing the same level of output without needling to constantly give away possession.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This was only in response to someone saying he’s rubbish. Which he clearly isn’t. He’s in terrible form and if it goes on much longer it will stop being bad form and just be his level now.
Can you tell me EXACTLY his last run of good form? 8-10 games

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bad game... but he got a very ugly assist. The battle between ''Bruno is a bad player because he cant keep the ball'' and ''Bruno is a good player just look at his stats'' will continue.

I thought he had another bad game. Has he had an actual good game for Manchester United this season? Not just scoring or assisting but just actually playing well? Not losing the ball often and having his passes reach the intended target?
No I don’t believe so. It’s not a coincidence our most complete “team” performance was with him far away from the first XI

Stadjer

No I don’t believe so. It’s not a coincidence our most complete “team” performance was with him far away from the first XI
I dont think so either. He did have a few last season though. A few games where he was actually taking control of the game but i guess those games were the special moments. He just isnt that type of player. High risk all or nothing player. When it works he looks great. When it doesnt come off, he is pretty useless.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have you bothered to check the standard of opposition
Yep. Surely by that logic he should be scoring against dross like Sheffield Utd. It’s not just the quality of the opposition.

Can you tell me EXACTLY his last run of good form? 8-10 games
Turn of the year maybe. Or March/April. But even then it was patchy. The whole team has been shite since the Carabao Cup final really. I’ve not denied he’s in awful form though and can have terrible games.

Cela shomana

forget about games control with this guy. I don't care if he gives the most assists or create more chances than any player in Europe. that can not take away the fact that he is the most erratic player playing for a top team. You can't change that in him. he is a very clever guy and he knows his strength and his weakness. he is a technical limited player and his strength is being ahead of everyone on the pitch in decision making. he tries to pass the ball as early as possible. he mostly makes decisions on what to do with the ball before he receives the ball. if you take away that from him, you are taking away his football. it can be relied on by a middle table team but not if we want to be a top team, we cannot continue with him. it is time to phase him out. Hard to make that call if you are a manager because he has that moments of brilliance in him.

The Oracle

There was a passage of play in the first half when he gave the ball away 3 x consecutive times.

I couldn't believe what I was watching.

He nullifies most of our attacks.

We're not going anywhere with him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't wait for him to be gone. He makes me hate watching football
That’s exactly how I feel about him. I wish the club would get rid but he‘s here for another 3 years at least

JoaquinJoaquin

The team will never truly evolve while Bruno starts. The likes of Mount may be less flash, but I think we would be more fluid with him starting and not constantly giving the ball away and breaking up attacks.

If a team from Saudi offered us a good bit of money for him, I’d be inclined to accept.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't know why so many people have their agendas against him. Right?

Delano

I remember when we bought him, there were reservations from our scouts because he gave the ball away too cheaply...

This season really has showcased him at his worst. He's been a liability.

His giveaways have become a killer now our team pushes higher.