Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

His passing was piss poor to start the game again, as it has been for weeks. Wonder if we are starting to see the impact of the WC on him, a bit mentally drained as much as physically.

InfiniteBoredom

For those so convinced this is luck, a wild sequence of events or coincidence, it's pretty interesting to think that some players don't get a red in a career and this lad manages to find himself on the end of two in a matter of weeks alongside a suspension for collecting yellows. Luck indeed.
He got 2 reds in 10 years at Madrid.

And no, it’s not a case of ‘but Madrid buy refs’, because Ramos and Pepe got their fair share of reds.

Eric_the_Red99

Yep. But because its not Mctominay or Fred it gets brushed over.
And ironically, when McTominay came on today, his passing and ball retention (and tackling) were pretty much as good you’ll see from him. Obviously that’s still well short of Casemiro’s ceiling, but still.

Idxomer

For those so convinced this is luck, a wild sequence of events or coincidence, it's pretty interesting to think that some players don't get a red in a career and this lad manages to find himself on the end of two in a matter of weeks alongside a suspension for collecting yellows. Luck indeed.
I don't think it's luck even if those two incidents weren't worthy of a red card imo.

He used to get away with this stuff in La Liga and the CL but he needs to learn that United don't get any favourable calls in England.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels pretty churlish to lecture Casemiro, but getting suspended once happens, twice is unfortunate, but that’s three times now in a couple of months. You can’t keeping doing that to your teammates, especially as a senior key player.

He knew he fecked up too. Could see the anger in his body language kicking the ground and cursing the sky when Taylor was at the monitor. He knew.

spiriticon

His passing was piss poor to start the game again, as it has been for weeks. Wonder if we are starting to see the impact of the WC on him, a bit mentally drained as much as physically.
He has four games to do some meditation and get some beauty sleep.

He's been fairly amazing on the whole so no complaints from me for a slight dip in form, but no more excuses for the end of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He was woeful with his passing before the red but the challenge was idiotic and will cost us dearly.

lsd

The Oracle
Studs up tackle today and he really can't have any complaints. Yes we have seen worse like the hands on the face Fred card earlier this season but both decisions are technically red card and correct.

I think I heard someone say he was never sent off for Real Madrid which begs the question just how corrupt are the referees in Spain.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hard to be mad at him really. 100 players will do things exactly like what he did for his two red cards (especially today's challenge) and won't get sent off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Studs up tackle today and he really can't have any complaints. Yes we have seen worse like the hands on the face Fred card earlier this season but both decisions are technically red card and correct.

I think I heard someone say he was never sent off for Real Madrid which begs the question just how corrupt are the referees in Spain.
You heard wrong

Baneofthegame

Basically the one player we don't want it to happen to, unlucky he went over the ball as he connected.

SATA

He better carry the team over the line in Betis and then have his 4 game rest. His teammates battled against eleven men for more than a half today

Abraxas

He got the ball and was unlucky his foot bounced up and VAR decides to show only the angle that looks bad. His first red was for an off the ball incident during a scuffle.

What is this same mistake twice nonsense?
The same mistake is giving refs opportunities to send you off, not once but twice. If he doesn't understand how refs referee games of football and the vagaries of it, and the types of things that put you in danger then I think he needs to make himself aware of that. That's part of his job. It'd be like me or you being confused about the goings on in our industry and then saying it's all bad luck when we don't anticipate something happening. Or blaming the regulator for our choices around things we should have been aware of.

Bottom line...putting hands anywhere near somebodies head, or going in with force by jumping into a tackle which means that any slice of bad luck or randomness could result in a high tackle refs take a dim view of...these are things to avoid. It really is just using your noddle as an experienced footballer. Like I was saying, some players never get sent off, presumably because they have the sense to stay on the right side of the probabilities.

Canuckred64

I thought it had to be considered violent conduct to get the three game ban and in this case the fourth game for the second d red?

quadrant

The same mistake is giving refs opportunities to send you off, not once but twice. If he doesn't understand how refs referee games of football and the vagaries of it, and the types of things that put you in danger then I think he needs to make himself aware of that. That's part of his job. It'd be like me or you being confused about the goings on in our industry and then saying it's all bad luck when we don't anticipate something happening.

Bottom line...putting hands anywhere near somebodies head, or going in with force by jumping into a tackle which means that any slice of bad luck or randomness could result in a high tackle refs take a dim view of...these are things to avoid. It really is just using your noddle as an experienced footballer. Like I was saying, some players never get sent off, presumably because they have the sense to stay on the right side of the probabilities.
I believe Casemiro has never had a red card in club football before his first for us. Given he's spent so long as a DM, it suggests he knows very well where the line is.

The Ferociousness

Studs up could have broken the players leg, it's a red card all day. No complaints but we should have had a pen. It was unlucky but if an opponent flew into a challenge on one of our players we'd be screaming for the ref to send them off due to the reckless nature of the challenge, as casimero had no control over his body when he dived in for the tackle

Dannn411

Good player but very very frustrating. Makes the same braindead mistakes over and over again and never learns from them. Before the red he gave the ball away badly TWICE right in prime scoring areas for Southampton. He has to wake up and realise that this is no longer La Liga where his mistakes may go unpunished. There is no preferential treatment for stars here. You would have expected him to learn from the two incidents against Palace that caused him to miss games but he doesn't learn. He just comes back out the next game and does the same thing again expecting a different result. Ridiculous.

AdNani

Good player but very very frustrating. Makes the same braindead mistakes over and over again and never learns from them. Before the red he gave the ball away badly TWICE right in prime scoring areas for Southampton. He has to wake up and realise that this is no longer La Liga where his mistakes may go unpunished. There is no preferential treatment for stars here. You would have expected him to learn from the two incidents against Palace that caused him to miss games but he doesn't learn. He just comes back out the next game and does the same thing again expecting a different result. Ridiculous.
the feck are you on about learn from palace? it's a completely different situation? or do you think he should just never tackle or engage people because he got sent off at palace once

Ludens the Red

Been disappointed with him with those suspensions. All three were completely avoidable. He’s been praised for his mentality but the Palace booking, palace red and red today were not hallmarks of a player with strong mentality. Just someone sabotaging his own team

Devil81

May as well play him on Thursday night now.

He can't keep letting his team down the way he is. VAR will keep catching him out.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Casemiro looks tired for a few weeks now, he needs the rest. He always had moments with Real Madrid when his passing was sloppy so it's not surprising to see the same at United.

Overall he's having a great season though, really brought balance to the midfield, so I'd say his transfer is still a pretty big success.

The very slow motion used by var today really made the challenge worse than it was, the impact was pretty mild so it would have been a good yellow for me since it wasn't really dangerous.

Last edited:

Dempsey19

I believe Casemiro has never had a red card in club football before his first for us. Given he's spent so long as a DM, it suggests he knows very well where the line is.
He's been sent off twice in the 452 club games before joining us. Both times it was for 2 yellows. He's never gotten a straight red before.

Abraxas

It suggests he had a better disciplinary record in other countries, with different challenges and different refereeing.

Which is of no use whatsoever to us right now having dropped 2 points and our chances compromised in games to come.

Oranges038

Casemiro looks tired for a few weeks now, he needs the rest. He always had moments with Real Madrid when his passing was sloppy so it's not surprising to see the same at United.

Overall he's having a great season though, really brought balance to the midfield, so I'd say his transfer is still a pretty big success.

The very slow motion used by far today really made the challenge worse than it was, the impact was pretty mild so it would have been a good yellow for me since it wasn't really dangerous.
You could see on the screen, it looked like Taylor wasn't shown the full replay. Just the still of his foot on the shin and the replay where his foot just went over the ball and caught the player on the shin.

Not a red in my book as he didn't intentionally go over the ball.

For those who say he shouldn't get suspended, or that he's stupid for it. He's in the team to tackle and win the ball, there's always a chance of a yellow or a red.

Would you rather he let people just run past him in midfield like Fred and McT have done for the last number of years?

OmarUnited4ever

Why did he have to tackle like that, he could've just simply fouled him by shoving him or tackle without sliding!!

It was totally poor and stupid from Casemiro

quadrant

It suggests he had a better disciplinary record in other countries, with different challenges and different refereeing.

Which is of no use whatsoever to us right now having dropped 2 points and our chances compromised in games to come.
Given that that the Premier League is far more forgiving of physical confrontation than the Champions League, La Liga or Premeira Liga, I'm not sure that argument really stands up. Someone making the opposite journey with the same problem would make more sense.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You could see on the screen, it looked like Taylor wasn't shown the full replay. Just the still of his foot on the shin and the replay where his foot just went over the ball and caught the player on the shin.

Not a red in my book as he didn't intentionally go over the ball.

For those who say he shouldn't get suspended, or that he's stupid for it. He's in the team to tackle and win the ball, there's always a chance of a yellow or a red.

Would you rather he let people just run past him in midfield like Fred and McT have done for the last number of years?
Yeah, they focused to much on the point of impact and not on the intensity. I'm really in favour of protecting the players but this tackle wasn't dangerous in my opinion.

As for the constant danger of a yellow/red, the fact thay Casemiro tackled from above increases the risk of having his foot bounce off the ball, he should have aimed closer to the ground so he gets the ball or a patch of grass. He's usually pretty good at that but missed it here. It's not a huge mistake but a costly one.

Thiagoal

Oh well! At least he’ll be fresh for the Europa matches! Really need Sabitzer to get back ASAP though for the league games

Status
Not open for further replies.