Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Except he's not very quick and suits a team that defends deep, the opposite of ETH's philosophy

All the experts say the Premier League is the most physically demanding, if Casemiros performances have been waning over the last 18 months (according to Balague) he may find it tough in the PL

Time will tell but to me its not looking like good value !
Was Fernandinho quick? Is Fabinho quick? How about Busquets? They all excelled at teams that played the most extreme high press in football.

Ballague is a know nothing blow-hard. I wouldn’t take anything he says seriously.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Let's wait and see hey ! I'm actually a pretty good judge of a player, although no expert. I remember the early days of Christiano Ronaldo when most United fans were slating him. I remember arguing with the majority of people in the pub about it. I predicted he would become the best player in the world, I was laughed at.

Guillem Balague's opinion piece on the BBC sport website states Casemiro will be exposed by his lack of pace and being slow on the turn, he lacks the ability to control the spaces behind him. He will now be competing in a league where games are played at a much quicker tempo, where most teams are faster and stronger than what he is used to. He said Casemiro has been offering the Club less and less over the last 18 months .
Haha accidental Partridge all over this.

phelans shorts

Was Fernandinho quick? Is Fabinho quick? How about Busquets? They all excelled at teams that played the most extreme high press in football.

Ballague is a know nothing blow-hard. I wouldn’t take anything he says seriously.
To be fair, those players all are surrounded by others who are very capable of keeping the ball. Us, however…

MetoTTT

I've watched Real game last night. Casemiro will need medication to support the level of the players around him here imo. He will laugh discovering players who will not even be on the bench at Madrid, earning more money than some starters there.
I hope he will be motivated enough and avoid injuries to play even at 80% of his capacity during his contract. Good luck!
The Glazers are doing everything to stifle the protest. Glazers out!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
"Casemiro | 2022/23 Performances"

What a wild thought that this is actually a thread title :D So excited to see him take to the grass at Old Trafford

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To be fair, those players all are surrounded by others who are very capable of keeping the ball. Us, however…
Well, yeah. Stating the obvious though? Having better players in addition to Casemiro would be a good thing.

Closer to home, the last two times we finished 2nd we needed a big contribution from Matic. The last time we won the league Carrick was our best player. Neither of them are quick and they both coped just fine in the PL. It’s just obvious nonsense that Casemiro will struggle in the league because he’s not quick enough.

Offsideagain

Still confused why this occurred two weeks into the season. Did the guy wake up on Monday last week and thought ‘I know, I’ll move to the shit show that is United just now, I’m 30 and they’ll pay a fortune for four years and get nothing for me after four years’. Whatever, as panic buys go, he’s a good one.

MinGin

So it needs a first step to forward, not stay in the original point and hope everything to change in one time

Fridge chutney

lets wait and see !

Guillem Balague in his BBC sport column, states "Casemiro has always been more comfortable defending at the edge of his own box - the result of his inability to launch powerful runs and lack of dribbling ability.

Ancelotti and Zidane realised his lack of dynamism required the team to defend deep and only press high every now and again."

Sounds like the exact opposite of the player ETH wants for his high pressing game.

In December 2019 Mourinho stated McTominay was Uniteds best player
Balague, the Barca/Pep fanboi? I don't take anything that clown says seriously.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's wait and see hey ! I'm actually a pretty good judge of a player, although no expert. I remember the early days of Christiano Ronaldo when most United fans were slating him. I remember arguing with the majority of people in the pub about it. I predicted he would become the best player in the world, I was laughed at.

Guillem Balague's opinion piece on the BBC sport website states Casemiro will be exposed by his lack of pace and being slow on the turn, he lacks the ability to control the spaces behind him. He will now be competing in a league where games are played at a much quicker tempo, where most teams are faster and stronger than what he is used to. He said Casemiro has been offering the Club less and less over the last 18 months .
so this isn’t your opinion after all?

always_hoping

That’s the price we unfortunately have to pay at MUFC. Look at how badly Gerrard is doing at Villa for example and the media refuses to speak about it because he’s the Liverpool darling. I suppose he can walk backwards and stares at the crowd, though.
Yep and it was the same with Lampard when manager of Chelsea.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I can understand Casemiro having burden if his central midfielders are not willing to share the defensive duties, but a CF does not affect him whatsoever. If Fred and Garner play alongside Casemiro, the defensive workload is quite balanced.
The utter lack of defensive workrate amongst our attackers absolutely has an impact on our midfielders. Our current midfielders have always had poor positioning, but it's highlighted even more than it should be because they are left completely open so often. Ronaldo, Rashford, Martial, Sancho are all poor at doing anything to really help, and while Bruno does tend to have moments where he tries hard he often does it stupidly which just creates more space for the opposition. It all allows the opposition to just overload our midfield.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can you please expand? This scatter-gun dismissive negativity is really bad for a discussion board.
I’ve already gone into it but sure.

He’s lightweight. Can’t keep the ball under pressure.
He’s in his 30s and isn’t someone who’s relied on his on the ball attributes.
Big wages for someone which will keep him here too long.

We need strong players on the ball. Players who will be the foundation of a long and, hopefully, successful team. Players who don’t continue to ruin our wage structure.
Take your trolling elsewhere
I’m not trolling.

I don’t like this signing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Except he's not very quick and suits a team that defends deep, the opposite of ETH's philosophy

All the experts say the Premier League is the most physically demanding, if Casemiros performances have been waning over the last 18 months (according to Balague) he may find it tough in the PL

Time will tell but to me its not looking like good value !
I’m surprised he’s been nominated for the Ballon d’Orr this year when he’s been so shit.

TheReligion

Abusive

We need strong players on the ball. Players who will be the foundation of a long and, hopefully, successful team. Players who don’t continue to ruin our wage structure.

I’m not trolling.

You’ve not a clue about the player in the slightest :lol:

Stacks

Fans will be quickly disappointed if they are expecting him to have the passing range of carrick, matic or even fabinho, his role.at madrid has basically been clearing things up and then laying the ball off to modric or kroos to do their magic, problem is we don't have such midfielders and everyone will expect him to be maestro which will not happen
I agree. It's like signing Pogba as the 1st piece in your midfield and expecting it to run with him as your main midfielder, whilst not realising players like these have a very specific role in their teams and need 2 other key pieces.

Stacks

Roger that! Best signing we’ve made for a while. This is a signing that should of been made like 2/3 years ago. Glad we’ve finally addressed it and now we can hopefully bring in other quality.
We thought this about Verane. I don't think he will look as great as you think he is

KeanoMagicHat

I’m not trolling.

Neither of those things are close to being true. Lightweight, really?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
''I think we had a good basic pre-season, but then our number nine [Anthony] Martial was injured and Ronny [Cristiano Ronaldo] is not fit. The 'six' in holding midfield is not there. First game, we had the two in defence who had never played with each other and the goalkeeper was also not the best in this period. There is a clear reason why. But I know we will fix that and I know that we will be better and the results will show this. It has been shown in pre-season.''
Ten hag straight up saying we didn't have anybody who can play as a 6 pretty much. Been the biggest problem for years with us. Hopefully it has the impact I think it will

TheRedHearted

Fans will be quickly disappointed if they are expecting him to have the passing range of carrick, matic or even fabinho, his role.at madrid has basically been clearing things up and then laying the ball off to modric or kroos to do their magic, problem is we don't have such midfielders and everyone will expect him to be maestro which will not happen
We have Erickson and Fernandes for creativity. We need someone behind them who can cover them and make them feel confident to push forward
I agree. It's like signing Pogba as the 1st piece in your midfield and expecting it to run with him as your main midfielder, whilst not realising players like these have a very specific role in their teams and need 2 other key pieces.
We need a solid DM to screen our CBS and to build confidence in our over all defense.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will start training on thursday at the earliest. Why is there always such a long delay at our club?

dal

Casemiro, Erikson replace Pogba and Matic in the squad. When I look at the signing this way Im happy.

In Midfield experience is key, if we get Antony I see our performance’s being transformed and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.