Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SungSam7

Casemiro has missed around 30 games for Madrid in 7+ years and people are calling him ageing.

He stopped almost every attack coming again Frankfurt in the Supercup but people think hes a more expensive McTominay. What?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What a signing, hasn't put a foot wrong yet.
So far, Casemiro has kicked James Milner ∞ times for every minute he's played for United.

Putting up quality numbers already.

always_hoping

Between the height of Martinez and the age of Casemiro I've never seen so many journalists and pundits writing off players before they are even allowed to settle in.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Great signing but I want to see how he does without Kroos and Modric.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
So who’s gonna progress the ball forward? Fred? FdJ is still desperately needed.

IRELANDUNITED

Between the height of Martinez and the age of Casemiro I've never seen so many journalists and pundits writing off players before they are even allowed to settle in.
That’s the price we unfortunately have to pay at MUFC. Look at how badly Gerrard is doing at Villa for example and the media refuses to speak about it because he’s the Liverpool darling. I suppose he can walk backwards and stares at the crowd, though.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Finally the steel in midfield we've all been crying forever since Keane left. Welcome ya Brazilian beauty!

I Am Zlatan

Can’t believe some people are complaining about signing him, this is exactly what we need from a cdm, teams cut through us like we don’t have a midfield, we also always look like we can easily concede goals, hint, actually not giving hints, we all see what happens, I rather not re-live these moments again.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Correct. For some reason it’s spelt differently in his full name. It’s a spelling mistake that has stuck!

Edit - from the horse’s mouth
Very few people know my name is Casimiro, because my mother’s surname is spelt with an “i”, not an “e”: Casimiro.,” the player explained.

“When I played in Brazil, there was a game in Sao Paulo when people incorrectly named me Casemiro.

“I played very well that game and I decided that people should keep calling me Casemiro, with the “e”. It has no changed since.”

Bondi77

I would like to see him play alongside Garner at some stage as Garner is better with the ball than either Fred or McT and is a better defender than Fred (who is'nt}

MinGin

Fans will be quickly disappointed if they are expecting him to have the passing range of carrick, matic or even fabinho, his role.at madrid has basically been clearing things up and then laying the ball off to modric or kroos to do their magic, problem is we don't have such midfielders and everyone will expect him to be maestro which will not happen
To expect him to destroy everything being enough, we have attacking RB who cannot defend, two creative midfield who need to protect.
a CF who is not willing to press, a CB who need to protect his air area.

TheLord

Looks like it is €70m and not £70m as earlier reported, including add-ons. Sweet.

Abdullah7

So who’s gonna progress the ball forward? Fred? FdJ is still desperately needed.
With a little patience and love we can develop our own Zidan Iqbal to be the one. If we can give him the same opportunity and time that Mctominay got in abundance he'll be a hell of a player.

SalfordTED

This is just crazy talk and can't anything you say seriously ever again.

Let's wait and see hey ! I'm actually a pretty good judge of a player, although no expert. I remember the early days of Christiano Ronaldo when most United fans were slating him. I remember arguing with the majority of people in the pub about it. I predicted he would become the best player in the world, I was laughed at.

Guillem Balague's opinion piece on the BBC sport website states Casemiro will be exposed by his lack of pace and being slow on the turn, he lacks the ability to control the spaces behind him. He will now be competing in a league where games are played at a much quicker tempo, where most teams are faster and stronger than what he is used to. He said Casemiro has been offering the Club less and less over the last 18 months .

SalfordTED

This is amongst the most braindead things i have ever read on here.
lets wait and see !

Guillem Balague in his BBC sport column, states "Casemiro has always been more comfortable defending at the edge of his own box - the result of his inability to launch powerful runs and lack of dribbling ability.

Ancelotti and Zidane realised his lack of dynamism required the team to defend deep and only press high every now and again."

Sounds like the exact opposite of the player ETH wants for his high pressing game.

In December 2019 Mourinho stated McTominay was Uniteds best player

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Eriksen good mentality ?? he was criticised at Inter for lack of defensive work and seeming not to care

I thought we needed De Jong who can link up with the defence to receive the ball and distribute it, as well as tackle

Drop Scott McTominay in the Real Madrid team and he will perform at least as good as Casemiro

Red Cafe posters are always going on about who a player needs to have around him, like when they were defending Pogba, lets see if Casemiro gets exposed in the fast pace of the premier league.
Had to reply to this nonsense so more people quote you and give you shit.

What utter tripe. :lol:

GreatDane

With a little patience and love we can develop our own Zidan Iqbal to be the one. If we can give him the same opportunity and time that Mctominay got in abundance he'll be a hell of a player.
I don't think Iqbal is ready just yet, but I'm up for easing him in as soon as possible. He looked really promising at the pre-season tour.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Let's wait and see hey ! I'm actually a pretty good judge of a player, although no expert. I remember the early days of Christiano Ronaldo when most United fans were slating him. I remember arguing with the majority of people in the pub about it. I predicted he would become the best player in the world, I was laughed at.

Guillem Balague's opinion piece on the BBC sport website states Casemiro will be exposed by his lack of pace and being slow on the turn, he lacks the ability to control the spaces behind him. He will now be competing in a league where games are played at a much quicker tempo, where most teams are faster and stronger than what he is used to. He said Casemiro has been offering the Club less and less over the last 18 months .
I mean, this is just obvious bollox. Even ignoring the fact he’s played CL matches against PL teams, what makes PL footballers somehow better physical specimens than the best footballers in Spain?

The reason some continental players struggle with the physicality of the PL isn’t because they can’t handle fast/strong players it’s because of how it’s referee’d. Where flair players don’t get the same protection and there’s a higher threshold for fouls/bookings. Which is actually the perfect environment for an aggressive tackler like Casemiro. He should be in his element.

SalfordTED

I mean, this is just obvious bollox. Even ignoring the fact he’s played CL matches against PL teams, what makes PL footballers somehow better physical specimens than the best footballers in Spain?

The reason some continental players struggle with the physicality of the PL isn’t because they can’t handle fast/strong players it’s because of how it’s referee’d. Where flair players don’t get the same protection and there’s a higher threshold for fouls/bookings. Which is actually the perfect environment for an aggressive tackler like Casemiro. He should be in his element.
Except he's not very quick and suits a team that defends deep, the opposite of ETH's philosophy

All the experts say the Premier League is the most physically demanding, if Casemiros performances have been waning over the last 18 months (according to Balague) he may find it tough in the PL

Time will tell but to me its not looking like good value !

OpenIntrovert

To expect him to destroy everything being enough, we have attacking RB who cannot defend, two creative midfield who need to protect.
a CF who is not willing to press, a CB who need to protect his air area.
I can understand Casemiro having burden if his central midfielders are not willing to share the defensive duties, but a CF does not affect him whatsoever. If Fred and Garner play alongside Casemiro, the defensive workload is quite balanced.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The hope would be either we sign another midfielder who is good at ball progression and has the short pass game as a key trait (FDJ or equivalent) — or somewhat optimistically wish that Casemiro unlocks Fred to play better higher up the pitch.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's encouraging how many players likely to play around him fall on the cusp compatibility chart: Fred (Pisces), Lindelof (Cancer), Maguire (Pisces).

This could well be the making of a fantastic squad, especially if we add Antony, another Pisces, to add to the mix.

Micky Targaryen

I don’t know which is worst;

You claiming to be a good scout in players because you predicted Ronaldo to be the best in the world

or

You actually believing that Casemiro is on par with the great McTominay.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's encouraging how many players likely to play around him fall on the cusp compatibility chart: Fred (Pisces), Lindelof (Cancer), Maguire (Pisces).

This could well be the making of a fantastic squad, especially if we add Antony, another Pisces, to add to the mix.
I'm worried about you :nervous:

OmarUnited4ever

It's fair to have concerns about any new comer into PL, is the player physically strong? does he have enough pace? and so on, but Ballbag is talking shite, especially the bolded part, which is Casemiro's bread and butter, if he could not control the spaces behind him, he wouldn't be the starting DM for a multiple winning CL team like Madrid, it was his main job and he excelled at it

Status
Not open for further replies.