Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

Been Brazils best player so far in Qatar tbh
The way he plays, it is really easy on the eye, he is not only an enforcer and protector of the defense who is tough tackler, he is also technically adept and superb passer of the ball, and his care for the ball is second to none, even his interceptions/blocks lead to a pass themselves.

In front of the goal, he has a good shot on him and can be in good positions during attacking phases of the game, but he is quite unlucky there sometimes.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Guys a beast, physically, technically and mentally - it's been so long since we've had this kind of midfielder, I'd probably say Keane was the last all round midfielder we had which shows how dire our recruitment has been.

Casemiro and Martinez are by far my favourite players in our squad right now, I've said for ages that our players have been mentally weak (constantly bottling semi finals, finals and top 4 fights) but with these two hopefully more will come.

I must admit though, I didn't think Casemiro was this good at the other side of the game, I always viewed him as the protector, allowing Kroos and Modric to shine by playing simple passes to them allowing them to dictate everything- turns out this guy was the glue holding that midfield together, no wonder they're trailing Barcalever in La Liga without him.

Please adopt me Casemiro.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, you don't pay €80M for a 30yo if he is a bad player.

Glad he is doing well.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The way he plays, it is really easy on the eye, he is not only an enforcer and protector of the defense who is tough tackler, he is also technically adept and superb passer of the ball, and his care for the ball is second to none, even his interceptions/blocks lead to a pass themselves.

In front of the goal, he has a good shot on him and can be in good positions during attacking phases of the game, but he is quite unlucky there sometimes.
He’s what I’d imagine a post-2002 injury-free Roy Keane to have been.

saivet

Absolute class, I thought he'd be a good signing for us but I must admit I underrated him.

Hoping he doesn't play a minute in Brazil's final group game though!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still cannot believe a guy who actually played in the same spot, could have such a outlandish and daft opinion about Casemiro.
It's bizarre to me. Souness was a great player and as you say played the same position, how he could stick to his initial opinion despite everything showing him the contrary smacks of big-headedness and more bothered about being right than just admitting 'he's a lot better than I realised he was.'

Lyng

It's bizarre to me. Souness was a great player and as you say played the same position, how he could stick to his initial opinion despite everything showing him the contrary smacks of big-headedness and more bothered about being right than just admitting 'he's a lot better than I realised he was.'
Yeah you are spot on. Its the same with his stance on Ronaldo vs Ten Hag. Even after the interview and everything he just stubbornly sticks to his first point of view. Odd behaviour. Was a cracking player though, like you said.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Comforting to know we have one bona fide world class star in our team. Figured he'd be good based on what bit's I'd seen of him coupled with him being widely described as the 'best in the world' in his position by loads of sources. Even so, it's nice to be even more impressed than originally expected. My favourite current united player, literally everything you want.

Will be so integral to our team over the next 2 - 3 years. Excellent player to build around.

Chief123

@TheReligion - I didn’t realise Yagami was gone till you mentioned it. Then I noticed this gem. I would have left too! :lol:

Oh, God. He's so bad and we're stuck with him.

He's very lucky that Maddison wasted that free kick. Lost the ball so cheaply too many times.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always felt that Brazil players never really ‘dreamed’ to play for United so it’s great to see Casemiro and Anthony here who are world class or at least has potential.

Hopefully it brings the future generation Brazilians to us more often than not.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah you are spot on. Its the same with his stance on Ronaldo vs Ten Hag. Even after the interview and everything he just stubbornly sticks to his first point of view. Odd behaviour. Was a cracking player though, like you said.
It seems to be more of a thing these days, where someone makes an assessment and vigorously sticks to it regardless of evidence showing a different view just so they can say there were 'right' in the end (which they might not be anyway). Seems like people are less willing to admit they were incorrect in the first place.

Skåre Willoch

Souness is the same guy who gave minutes to Ali fecking Dia. How he's a mainstay pundit is beyond me.

Lyng

It seems to be more of a thing these days, where someone makes an assessment and vigorously sticks to it regardless of evidence showing a different view just so they can say there were 'right' in the end (which they might not be anyway). Seems like people are less willing to admit they were incorrect in the first place.
Yeah it's the same with the fellow in here that kept insisting Case would flop. Rather than just admit he got it wrong and get on with it, he seems to have left the forum instead.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For years under the shadow of Modric and Kroos, and now with United and Brazil he's his own man. If he wins this WC (or close to it), he'll be in the GOAT DMs list.
The Benzema of CDM?

Adam McNeill

I honestly thought he was a panic signing, afterall why would we get somebody still in their prime from RM.

How glad I am to be wrong, the guy is a BEAST.... a glorious beast!

JeffFromHK

These players will never win the Balon D’or will they?
and he even only got nominated for Ballon D’or ONCE in his career and receiving only 1 vote.

another Paul Scholes (nominated 3 times, receiving 0 votes) at Balon D’or.

InfiniteBoredom

So we’ve been told.

I’ve already gone into it but sure.

He’s lightweight. Can’t keep the ball under pressure.
He’s in his 30s and isn’t someone who’s relied on his on the ball attributes.
Big wages for someone which will keep him here too long.

We need strong players on the ball. Players who will be the foundation of a long and, hopefully, successful team. Players who don’t continue to ruin our wage structure.

I’m not trolling.

I don’t like this signing.
Oh, God. He's so bad and we're stuck with him.

He's very lucky that Maddison wasted that free kick. Lost the ball so cheaply too many times.

Bert_

Too old to be playing football. Carried by Modric and Kroos. Madrid must know something we don't.

Or something like that

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Best Mid in the Tourney so far. He destroys people when he needs to, and then seems to immediately switch to being downright elegant on the ball. Remarkable.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol: Probably, mate. Many thought Benzema was good, but not THIS good. He had like 5 years without a single competitive game for France NT.
Was that not more due to being involved in the blackmailing of Valbuena moreso than ability though?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Reasonable. 5 years out? He still played some friendly games though, so he was actually eligible but just not good enough (according to France NT manager).

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: Probably, mate. Many thought Benzema was good, but not THIS good. He had like 5 years without a single competitive game for France NT.
I seem to remember a thread where I was defending his honor seemingly on my own. Benzema made Ronaldo.:devil:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I seem to remember a thread where I was defending his honor seemingly on my own. Benzema made Ronaldo.:devil:
If memory served right, some of his finishing was really bad when he was under Ronaldo's shadow. But then, he can't be Madrid's main striker for a decade and won so many domestic and European trophies without being one of the best.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If memory served right, some of his finishing was really bad when he was under Ronaldo's shadow. But then, he can't be Madrid's main striker for a decade and won so many domestic and European trophies without being one of the best.
From memory he wasn't even shooting at some point but the rest of his game was exceptional and he was a difference maker despite not scoring much, he also had a fair amount of assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.