4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As is always the case with players once they hit 30, couple of poor games and it’s obituary time. Never bought that at all. Class player.

Ekeke

Hear me out...
Amrabat as a 6 and Casemiro as the advanced 8...
Dont believe that Amrabat can do the DM job on his own, he usually plays in a 2 where the other player is the more defensive player like when we signed Fred

If they're both playing deep that'll be enough but if Casemiro is caught up the pitch... We'll see.

Alemar

MotM today. Goal and assist. He is teams
Top goal scorer with 4 goals, and now also with assists.

Eric_the_Red99

As is always the case with players once they hit 30, couple of poor games and it’s obituary time. Never bought that at all. Class player.
To be fair, it wasn't just a couple of poor games. His form dipped after that suspension last season, and so it was understandable why people would be concerned. I hope he does recapture his form from the first half of last season, when he was our most important player. But we won't have many easier games than tonight's this season.

GMoore23

Ten Hag has already suggested this is his planned set up and I'm all about it, the perfect double pivot
Not a fan of the formation in general but the diamond could work well on Saturday.

Amrabat
Cas - Mount
Bruno

Bobade

Back on form today. Looked quality throughout. The guy just has class.

MetoTTT

Hope he's back to his top and will do an excellent job with Amrabat. Pure class.

Rodgerzzz

Quality, he looked leagues ahead of every other player on the pitch tonight even with some strong performances from other players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

You can caveat it by saying Palace made a lot of changes, clearly prioritising the league, but Casemiro was imperious tonight. Some of his first time passing was utterly exquisite. Picture in his mind before he got the ball every time.

Dve

The second part of last season and the start of this season had me worried we'd never see Casemiro back at his best. My worries are hereby cancelled. Three very good matches in a row now, and today he was superb. My first 9-er of the season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My boyyyy.

He just takes a while to get going. Rooney used to be the same after some time out/off.

NZT-One

Not a fan of the formation in general but the diamond could work well on Saturday.

Amrabat
Cas - Mount
Bruno
God no. Bring an end to that formation for us. There is absolutely no point in trying it. We are not technically enough in the middle of the park to really hurt teams through the center. And our midfield isn't tenacious and mobile enough to cover the wide areas the formation opens up. Not to start with the fullbacks. Hopefully that experiment ends, there is just no upside. Play 4-2-3-1 and put Bruno or Mount on the right, done.

ShinjiNinja26

My boyyyy.

He just takes a while to get going. Rooney used to be the same after some time out/off.
I was just going to say this, he’s very similar to Rooney where it takes him 4 or 5 games to get that match rhythm going. I think that’s why ETH kept him on the full 90, he needs constant games and minutes to keep him at his best.

Sylar

So it's gonna be the usual start slow, get games and then start to get back to his levels?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our best player by a distance. His top level is ridiculous, Varane and Martinez maybe can get close but Case is pure class.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The game he needed, just don't like the fact that he seems to be the main creator at times, he's got good touch and composure in advanced positions but we shouldn't rely on him that much. Perfect game for him to get more confidence. Seems not to be able to stop scoring. Can he get 10 goals this season?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did anyone actually think when we bought him that his best stuff would be passing and ability to nab a goal!?

He's obviously above all that defending nonsense now

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Seemed to be our only midfielder capable of playing first time passes tonight and it makes such a difference in opening up a park the bus team
I wished a couple of those first time passes (going back) were a touch and turn, to be honest. He passes out of good positions between the lines too quickly sometimes. But it’s a somewhat new role for him, to be fair, at least at United.

That said, MOTM for me:D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been getting better but needed more energy around him to cover the gaps defensively which he can't do all on his own. Been saying it, amrabat and mount were huge misses.

Dominos

Fantastic, much better the last 2 games. Hopefully we get to see Amrabat partner him going forward.

spiriticon

I didn't realise he scored so many goals for a DMF. He didn't strike me as a goalscorer in his Madrid days. He's lethal in the air.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He needed that performance as much as we needed it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
When he's got someone beside him who can act like a Jack Russell, and cover the ground around him, it gives him the freedom to unlock his inate Brazilian powers and take charge of a game. Yes, he's declining, but it's games like this that show why he was the best DM in the world for a long time.

Leethal

Great game.

Admittedly, I did not get to watch him week in, week out at Real Madrid; but I never realised just how good this guy is at getting on the end of set pieces. He’s incredible and very, very dangerous.

justboy68

I don’t remember a player so good at scoring from set pieces for us. I feel like he bags them more often than Vidic did. An amazing sense of where to be in the box.

ti vu

If Amrabat keeps up same level of performance, just return Casimiro to his natural position, CF.

Kaos

Genuine 10/10 performance. Goals, assists, pinging balls every which way, dominated the middle of the pitch, shut down all their counters. Absolute monster.

Let's hope he keeps form now.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Great DMs are a rarity and he is one of them.

In an open midfield no one looks good or playing next to midfielders that go ball chasing is a stitch up.

tenhagsimp

Should have put all the money we wasted for shitty transfers to preserve this man's body. One of the best midfielders in our era. Lock him in a cryo chamber before matches

Ibi Dreams

I don’t remember a player so good at scoring from set pieces for us. I feel like he bags them more often than Vidic did. An amazing sense of where to be in the box.
Me neither, he's unnaturally good at it. He should be leading training sessions on it