Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's somewhat become shit defensively but looks very good around the opposition box. I'd be tempted to see how he performs in a more advanced #8 role next to Amrabat.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I mean, nobody bar Reguilon and Hojlund (joint 2nd in the ratings) played well - at least he has 2 goals to his name so that should bump up his rating... a 6.0 is too high though, I'd give him a 4 or 5/10
Yeah, 4 or 5 is fine. I just thought he was obviously one of our worst performers. Both fullbacks played better than him. Rashford too. Arguably Hojlund. He was really very poor at all the stuff he’s on the pitch to do.

El Jefe

He’s still the one I trust the most in the midfield. He’s just playing in a midfield that badly exposes his flaws.

His two biggest weaknesses are his ability to cover big spaces and being good in tight areas. Playing him alongside Bruno and Eriksen/McT/Mount does little to hide this.

If he played next to Rice and Odegaard for example he would look far better.

At this point he needs someone deeper to collect the ball and players around him that don’t lose it also. These players also need to be young and fast.

didz

It's probably worth remembering that he didn't hit any kind of form for us last season until midway through October, and his drop-off came after his flow was interrupted by two suspensions in quick succession. For now I think it's still safer to assume that he needs a run of games to get into his stride than saying he's just 'past it' or whatever.

The other big issue is that the way we're playing asks far too much of whoever is in that position. Even if you go back to the Carabao Cup final, we largely beat Newcastle because Casemiro took it upon himself to be a one man double pivot and extra defender all at the same time. You can't be asking anybody to do that every week, because they'll fail more often than not, regardless of how good they are.

He’s still the one I trust the most in the midfield. He’s just playing in a midfield that badly exposes his flaws.

His two biggest weaknesses are his ability to cover big spaces and being good in tight areas. Playing him alongside Bruno and Eriksen/McT/Mount does little to hide this.

If he played next to Rice and Odegaard for example he would look far better.

At this point he needs someone deeper to collect the ball and players around him that don’t lose it also. These players also need to be young and fast.
Agreed. Amrabat is hardly a saviour, but he did well as the first receiver in a very positive Fiorentina side last season that also left him with quite a lot of space to defend, so he could (hopefully) turn out to be a really good fit once we actually have him available.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need to slowly alter his role in the squad. He should be next to the guy who picks the ball up from defence and gets a bit of license to be box to box and gradually becomes a squad / rotational player. The whole lunging into tackles leaving everyone out of shape is becoming a recurring theme.

FerociousCorgis

i really hope that we get new owners in and they are smart enough to make sure we transition away from needing Cas. Fitness wise you can see it isnt going to get any better. Really hope saudis come in for him and give us some good money and we have new organization at the top that can scout and assess proper talents to make sure we are a better team for it after.

Dve

I've been one of Casemiro's biggest critics, but I though he was our best player last night. Some really nice passes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He needs another holding midfielder alongside him nowadays. Got absolutely destroyed by Musiala. Hope Amrabat is ready to play soon.
Nowadays? He’s used to playing alongside Kroos and with the industrious Modric pulling his weight in his own half.

I’m not sure what we expect from him playing with Eriksen and Bruno.

I’m hopeful having Amrabat and Mount on the field with him should give his legs a rest and allow him to play with his head a bit more.

DavelinaJolie

I guess you have to give him time to work himself into form, but it's worrying how bad he has been.

MattofManchester

I think he needs a solid partner in there.

Last season, Eriksen did a lot of work defensively, which was often overlooked. And then his legs were gone by the 60th minute. Since he's come back, that part of his game ceased to exist.

Fred obviously was a coin toss on what you got, but we need that kind of player(style-wise) alongside Case.

Pretty sure everyone is in agreement that Mctominay is a nonexistent midfielder and Eriksen's creative output is no longer justifying the defensive instability.

Before we can say Casemiro is finished, we really need to have a situation where he is not tasked with being the entire midfield presence.

Hopefully Amrabat is fit soon, and hopefully he can ease some of the burden.

manhood

I guess you have to give him time to work himself into form, but it's worrying how bad he has been.
One of my friends is a massive Madrid fans and we used to watch games together for the last 7-8 years.

He always started slowly and we would complain his legs have gone since he was 26. Nothing to worry about, he just needs a stable midfield so he can know for sure which areas he needs to operate in and not run around like a headless chicken.

acnumber9

He obviously needed games and a bit of help in midfield. No matter how good you are, too much has been asked of him.

Rockets Redglare

I thought he was absolutely immense, everything about his game seemed back to his best from last season.

Sylar

He sure does like diving in :lol:

Maybe his best performance this season?

chris123

We really need to listen to Madrid fans who said he plays himself into form/fitness, because he looked world class today.

ShinjiNinja26

No surprise he looks much better when there’s someone else close to him, the double pivot definitely helped. Swap McTominay for Amrabat going forward and I think he’ll get back to his best in no time.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
With Amrabat sitting thinks he's gonna win lots of balls in transition. Reads it so well.

90 + 5min

Looked a lot better tonight
This was his best game of seaosn. That was because he was playing with McTominay and they hade very good game playing compact in the middle of the park. Casemiro and Eriksen can't play together.

SAFMUTD

Still worrying he's not up to his usual level and its almost october now.

flappyjay

No surprise. We have to adapt to the fact that he is not very mobile. Having McTominay next to him plus hannibals energy ahead of them was good.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looked better because he had someone sitting beside him. Hardly a surprise. He can't cover the whole midfield on his own at this stage of his career. Hopefully Amrabat can help him out.

NZT-One

Did well today. Not sure I like the "immense" and "best" posts as overall, it really wasn't a good game but he looked alright and positive. Hopefully this is the start of his upward trend in form.

abailey123

With someone next to him in Scott that’s the best our midfield has looked (shape wise) all season. The obvious change if he’s not now our left back is Amrabat in for McTominay.
He was brilliant tonight Casemiro one of the best players on the pitch by a country mile.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Much better. Still wish he’d stop doing those last ditch lying down tackles that make him look like a dog rolling over for tummy tickles.