View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Valencia Shin Crosses

Some shocking moves, passes and decision making. Looks very slow, you would think him and Bruno would play much smarter than this considering they are one of older players in the squad, but Mainoo and few other younger players could teach them few things.
As long as Bruno and Casemiro are in the team you might as well chalk up any sort of composure/control to our play.

Valencia Shin Crosses

If you only look at the bad things he does then he’s pretty poor but he does so many good things on the pitch also. He’s always making tackles and interceptions and clearing corners. He ended up having a really good game for me.

I just think we’ve done a bad job of surrounding him with better short passers because we ask too much of him in that department.
I think it’s tactical from the coaches, they quite clearly want us playing extremely direct

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Really measured, professional performance in that second half.

Played the role of destroyer well without looking like he was ever really in danger of getting a second yellow (and god knows that isn't always the case).

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

We've created a monster. Once he begun adding goals to his game a few months ago, he's now started playing like a giddy youngster and seems to have lost that maturity and composure he used to bring into our midfield. Nowadays he's more likely to bring chaos than composure.

RedIan

Grew into the game and was decent. Hes getting fitter and will be back to his best.. dont write him off

Roux

He's the glue that holds this team together - i love when he wins the ball his first thought it a long ball to to the forwards.

Roboc7

He can’t run and was awful in the first half, better in the second. We’re better with him in the team but he has some big flaws that aren’t going to go away.

massey

We are definitely a better team with him in the midfield than without due to the fact we don't have anyone else similar to him at a good level and I'm excluding Amrabat who runs about but is pants imo,cas is starting to slow down though and is in and out the game alot and needs to be replaced end of season but would be good to use as a sub or for games to rest a newer younger player.

NickJ

Literally made more tackles than the entire Villa team in the first half….
Would be interested to know how many he won. It’s Not just him but the whole team seems to lose so many 50/50 tackles. Really need some physicality in midfield.

OT1214

Showed some composure today. One aspect that gets overlooked is the number of clearances he makes during opposition’s corners. Definitely makes the team better.

Danny

Someone should tell him to stop shooting but apart from that he was brilliant tonight.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is a monster defensively.

That said… some of that work is self imposed by how profligate him (and Fernandes) are with their passes turning over possession so quickly. There was a period in the 50-65th min where we just kept punting it straight to Martinez to pick up high up their half

C'est Moi Cantona

I love him, on this form I'd like him to stay, but worst case scenario certain clubs will value him very highly in the summer.

duckers

I thought it was a great performance. There are always the few short lobbed passes that seem to put players under needless pressure but these are always mixed in with a few of his brilliant passes forward. Tonight he seemed to be tackling everyone.

Walters_19_MuFc

He did ok but he dives in way too much for me. Along with that, his use of the ball isn't always great, which stops us from controlling games.

He was very good last season and he's been ok this season. He's certainly improved us since coming back but I would still look to move him on in the summer.

SAFMUTD

Booked because Cash dived, he looks slow for the premier league he's still class but needs to adjust as he gets past by way too often for a player of his calibre.

Sylar

He did ok but he dives in way too much for me. Along with that, his use of the ball isn't always great, which stops us from controlling games.

He was very good last season and he's been ok this season. He's certainly improved us since coming back but I would still look to move him on in the summer.
I agree with the dives in too much especially when he's on a yellow.
His yellow card was ridiculous.

His use of the ball is mixed. Sometimes he plays a brilliant long pass, sometimes he passes out of pressure well. Then sometimes he plays like a different player.
DO think he's better now with a partner like mainoo. But also think long term him and Bruno are problems in terms of playing style next to mainoo

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Needs replaced asap can’t pass, can’t tackle and positionally all over the place.
Do you watch our games, ffs? He is literally vital for us.
But you are right, that moment in xy minute when he was dribbled .....get rid.

Get In Scholesy

He comes back and we look a lot more stable than without him. That is no coincidence. Great to have him back.

The refs definitely have a thing going on to make sure he gets booked. Baffling decision today from the ref, was a clear dive.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Improved on the ball in 2nd half and seemed to position himself better too. Thought he was utterly dire in the 1st, half. Chasing shadows and giving the ball away constantly.

tomaldinho1

Missed the game, thought I’d be able to gage how he played by this thread.. :lol:

No idea if he was absolutely shite or played well.

The caf in a nutshell.
You can see how immense he used to be by how he plays now, just a bit slower, some dodgey passes but he knows that DM role so well. He hasn’t got the legs anymore but he’s still so good at breaking stuff up. Issue is more we are quite average offensively and he’s got the same hot potato illness now as well, shooting when he shouldn’t and maybe a bit too direct passing.

KjaAnd

He gives the ball away completely unnecessarily so often. Can’t have both him and Bruno in the middle if we want to control the game.

SNes

Has he always been so reckless with the ball? I thought his game was good today apart from his passing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s still got a pass on him but otherwise he couldn’t really keep up with the contest. Too slow and not enough quality on the ball. He should either be sold or 3rd / 4the choice. You can’t dominate games with the likes him and Bruno in the engine constantly giving the ball away.