Casemiro (Out)

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I’ll be sad to see Casemiro go, but I’ll be absolutely devastated if we allow Bruno to leave. We will be in big trouble without him. He is unsaleable to me. Bruno can’t be buy.
Having watched us create next to feck all in the last couple of games without him I'm inclined to agree. I also don't think he's at a position in his career to leave Europe yet. Even if we got 50m for Bruno, any immediate replacement would cost much more.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’ll be sad to see Casemiro go, but I’ll be absolutely devastated if we allow Bruno to leave. We will be in big trouble without him. He is unsaleable to me. Bruno can’t be buy.
Nice. Agreed.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah, he’s a player who loves the club and you can question his form but never his dedication and effort for the cause. He’s irreplaceable in a time of rapid change.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Both of them out would be fantastic. Especially if it's a Saudi club where you'd expect us to get a decent sum.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Both of them out would be fantastic. Especially if it's a Saudi club where you'd expect us to get a decent sum.
Casemiro would be a free transfer or a small fee below £20m. We definitely won’t get a decent sum even from Saudis.

tomaldinho1

I think it's probably his time, as much as I'd like to see him stay another year and we do well, so he gets a good send off, we'd be idiots not to take a decent fee for him. If you can get £50m for the pair or more, the savings on salaries will be huge as well for FFP calcs.

the_cliff

Selling Bruno at this time is something a well run club would do. Therefore, I doubt we sell him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Casemiro would be a free transfer or a small fee below £20m. We definitely won’t get a decent sum even from Saudis.
Personally, I will just be glad to see the back of him regardless. This transfer went exactly as I expected.

C'est Moi Cantona

Casemiro will do just fine, and thought I'd seen somewhere that they were interested in AWB too, which again would be great.

Not sure we should be shoving Bruno out the door just yet though given some the dross that makes up most of our squad.

the_cliff

Yeah brilliant, the club would expect Mount to be his replacement.
No. A more balanced and pure attacking midfielder would be a better option than Bruno. We'll never be able to get as much for Bruno again and we will regret not selling Bruno this summer. Selling Bruno and buying a Wirtz for example would instantly leave us better off.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Bruno strikes me as someone who would tell them no and want to pursue a proper career in Europe, so even if they offer, he won't be going there.

Jericholyte2

He’s got >2yrs left on his contract, no chance he’s going for that little, especially to a Saudi team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bruno strikes me as someone who would tell them no and want to pursue a proper career in Europe, so even if they offer, he won't be going there.
40m was the reported fee last week - how true that is remains to be seen

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Oh, yeah. That'd be great for us. Was referring to Bruno myself, as I don't see him going to Saudi anytime soon, if at all.
I have no idea why I quoted you, actually :wenger::lol:

El-Manos

Selling Bruno at this time is something a well run club would do. Therefore, I doubt we sell him.
Yes, let’s sell our most reliable & best attacking outlet…. There’s about 30 players who need to go before him anyway.

AneRu

Casemiro, please yes. Bruno should stay unless it’s a ridiculous circa £100m offer.
We should bite their hands off on Casemiro but Bruno is irreplaceable at the moment.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yes, let’s sell our most reliable & best attacking outlet…. There’s about 30 players who need to go before him anyway.
Those 30 players will not bring in the amount of money Bruno will.

I think Bruno is incredibly overrated despite being one of our better players. Selling him and adding his fee to our budget to bring in multiple players for the next manager to build his team around - which will hopefully be a progressive style of play instead of our standard Hollywood route - is my preference.

RuudTom83

Bruno has 2-3 years left on his contract so any deal involving him would have to be substantial...so that isn't a worry for Bruno fans.

Casemiro to Saudi seems the only option tbh. 20m-30m minus his wages would be amazing.

Last edited:

Nori-

I think most of us agree Cas can go, but i'd argue we should cash in on Bruno too, as much as I love him.

He'll be 30 by the start of next season, he has two years left on his contract. If we keep him another year, he'll be 31 with a year left. A huge drop in his potential transfer value.

If we can get £60+ for him, thats a lot of money to put towards a new younger signing. Olmo, Wirtz, Kroupi are a few we should consider.

If we're going to rebuild, lets do it properly.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think most of us agree Cas can go, but i'd argue we should cash in on Bruno too, as much as I love him.

He'll be 30 by the start of next season, he has two years left on his contract. If we keep him another year, he'll be 31 with a year left. A huge drop in his potential transfer value.

If we can get a £60+ for him, thats a lot of money to put towards a new younger signing. Olmo, Wirtz, Kroupi are a few we should consider.

Doubt Wirtz is coming anywhere near us. Unless it’s for the stadium tour.

roseguy64

If we can get a £60+ for him, thats a lot of money to put towards a new younger signing. Olmo, Wirtz, Kroupi are a few we should consider.

Wirtz won't be leaving Leverkusen this coming summer.