Casemiro (Out)

Roboc7

Casemiro has to go, hopefully could get enough to cover the amortisation of his fee and get his wages off the books.

Wouldn’t be looking to sell Bruno but if he wanted to leave, which would be understandable, and someone made a substantial offer then probably have to let him go.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think it's probably his time, as much as I'd like to see him stay another year and we do well, so he gets a good send off, we'd be idiots not to take a decent fee for him. If you can get £50m for the pair or more, the savings on salaries will be huge as well for FFP calcs.
We have ZERO creativity in the squad without Bruno.
Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Amad all want to run inside and shoot on their respective wings. None of them are trying to link up or find a killer pass to the striker. We might as well sell Hojlund too.

tomaldinho1

We have ZERO creativity in the squad without Bruno.
Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Amad all want to run inside and shoot on their respective wings. None of them are trying to link up or find a killer pass to the striker. We might as well sell Hojlund too.
Got to think of it without emotion though, he's turning 30 in Sept and is on huge wages. He's probably, on balance, our best player but the sad truth is we won't be challenging for the PL in the next 2-3 seasons unless Ineos absolutely nail recruitment. How then do we go about building a team that can make the jump from where we are now (likely finishing about 30 points off the title)? You accept Bruno, Varane, Case, Maguire, Eriksen, Lindelof etc. aren't going to be part of that. In most cases no one cares and we want them sold but Bruno is in that group.

As I said, I'd rather he stayed another year and we do well, then he can depart on a high but that's just a dream and if we can get good money for him (plus being honest after that interview he seemed like he was a bit done with the United crap) then you take it.

hobbers

35mil for Case and 65mil for Bruno. Please and thank you Saudi.

Bwuk

Getting rid of Bruno would be laughably bad.

We have absolutely no creativity in the side without him, and I have absolutely no faith in us recruiting a suitable replacement.

FerociousCorgis

We have absolutely no creativity in the side without him, and I have absolutely no faith in us recruiting a suitable replacement.
if you dont have faith in the new ownership group and the staff overhaul, whats the purpose then? Nothing will matter. We arent good enough now, and wont get better then if someone truly thinks they cant find anyone good out there in the entire world.

Foolsgold21

If it’s going to be around £100m for both I’d take it.

Bruno would be a shame but probably a good time to cash in, as we have probably seen the best of him sadly. Shame for him as he’s wasted his best years carrying us.

Casemiro can’t leave soon enough - like a Soccer aid celebrity this season.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Got to think of it without emotion though, he's turning 30 in Sept and is on huge wages. He's probably, on balance, our best player but the sad truth is we won't be challenging for the PL in the next 2-3 seasons unless Ineos absolutely nail recruitment. How then do we go about building a team that can make the jump from where we are now (likely finishing about 30 points off the title)? You accept Bruno, Varane, Case, Maguire, Eriksen, Lindelof etc. aren't going to be part of that. In most cases no one cares and we want them sold but Bruno is in that group.

As I said, I'd rather he stayed another year and we do well, then he can depart on a high but that's just a dream and if we can get good money for him (plus being honest after that interview he seemed like he was a bit done with the United crap) then you take it.
No emotion involved mate, we should be signing Brunos replacement (assuming we are going for youth under INEOS) and making sure he is up to speed before we let Bruno go.
We can’t be selling Bruno first and then trying to acclimatise his replacement. It will set us back again.

Mike Smalling

Getting a transfer fee for Casemiro and clearing his wages off the budget would almost be too good to be true. I want to see it before I believe it.

tomaldinho1

No emotion involved mate, we should be signing Brunos replacement (assuming we are going for youth under INEOS) and making sure he is up to speed before we let Bruno go.
We can’t be selling Bruno first and then trying to acclimatise his replacement. It will set us back again.
There won't be a 'replacement' though? The whole debate with Bruno is he's a bit unique in how he plays, we need to evolve the team and spread the goals around a lot more. Arsenal have the best GD in the league and yet their top scorer only has 16 goals, their forwards don't put up amazing numbers but they have so many ways to nick goals and that's how we get better. Gone are the days where you sign one player and they completely change your level.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would sell both but it's risky from a leadership standpoint. But I would still take the gamble, if you can cash in on a 30 years old Bruno you have to seriously consider it while Casemiro is clearly replaceable.

the_cliff

Yes, let’s sell our most reliable & best attacking outlet…. There’s about 30 players who need to go before him anyway.
Of course I'm basing it on the assumption that we'd be signing someone to replace him... :rolleyes:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Part of me feels like Bruno is in his thirties, and the chance to make a profit on a player just before they decline is something we’re rarely smart enough to do.

Another part feels like we’d miss him badly. Could we replace the top chance creator in the league with that money? Probably not.

RedC

Fernandes easily has another 5 years in him, he's a machine.

mu4c_20le

If it’s going to be around £100m for both I’d take it.

Bruno would be a shame but probably a good time to cash in, as we have probably seen the best of him sadly. Shame for him as he’s wasted his best years carrying us.

Casemiro can’t leave soon enough - like a Soccer aid celebrity this season.
Bruno alone is worth 100m. 150 for both

userman

Casemiro I would definitely see sold, and although I’m slightly torn on this I’m leaning towards selling both of them.
Bruno is entering his latter stages and this is our chance to finally do, and partly finance, a proper rebuild of the squad. Let’s do what Madrid has done to us when fooling us into buying Varane and Casemiro right before they plummeted - let’s sell Bruno while his stock is reasonably high.

And yes I know he’s our only real chance-creator, but with a better squad and tactics that’s something that can/must be fixed. Be it with ETH or another manager..

Valencia Shin Crosses

Both of them out would be fantastic. Especially if it's a Saudi club where you'd expect us to get a decent sum.
120m for the pair and I’m laughing to the bank

if you dont have faith in the new ownership group and the staff overhaul, whats the purpose then? Nothing will matter. We arent good enough now, and wont get better then if someone truly thinks they cant find anyone good out there in the entire world.
Exactly. Just stop fecking watching if you have 0 faith in the *completely new decision making team* that's comprised of what the consensus around the industry agree are all top level executives.

If Saudi is willing to pay some exorbitant fee for Bruno we'd be stupid to say no, the team will be in transition for the next couple of years anyways so cashing in majorly on a 30 year old that will most likely be past his best in a year or two is a shrewd business move. Madrid LITERALLY gave us the blueprint on it selling Casemiro to us for a huge fee right after he just put out a MOTM performance in a UCL final.

Rojofiam

Considering they paid 40m pounds for a washed up Fabinho - probably as washed up as Casemiro is now - how much are we expecting?

I just know they will lowball us

Waynne

We have recruited Jason Wilcox and are working on getting Ashworth over the line. Two highly regarded football men who are considered some of the best in the business and you say you don't have faith in them finding a suitable Bruno replacement if sold?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think it's probably his time, as much as I'd like to see him stay another year and we do well, so he gets a good send off, we'd be idiots not to take a decent fee for him. If you can get £50m for the pair or more, the savings on salaries will be huge as well for FFP calcs.
That would be some laughably bad business. These would be marquee signings for Saudi. The United captain and vice captain for 50m. Add another 100m and you’d probably be a lot closer.

Bruno to a Saudi club should be 100m. Maybe a bit less as they will undoubtedly offer the most favourable payment terms.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
That would be some laughably bad business. These would be marquee signings for Saudi. The United captain and vice captain for 50m. Add another 100m and you’d probably be a lot closer.

Bruno to a Saudi club should be 100m. Maybe a bit less as they will undoubtedly offer the most favourable payment terms.
It will be interesting to see how many players want to go to Saudi. It's turned into a bit of a shitshow !! I would be surprised if Bruno would even go there.

Mercurial

35mil for Case and 65mil for Bruno. Please and thank you Saudi.
We can have ETH find us the next Antony & Onana with those funds :devil:

Bruno has much more in the tank, and is a great player in a dysfunctional side. I can easily see him run around half a decade more and probably still be good. Casemiro is almost shot and need to go. He will be super good for Saudi league.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Again, depends on who were hire as manager next season. If it's Tuchel, then I see him staying for another season and do reasonably well in what will be a more compact system than the craziness we see now.

Ideally, we would let him go for ~50m and invest that money in another midfielder.

Wilt

Again, depends on who were hire as manager next season. If it's Tuchel, then I see him staying for another season and do reasonably well in what will be a more compact system than the craziness we see now.

Ideally, we would let him go for ~50m and invest that money in another midfielder.
No chance, he‘s not worth anywhere near £50m. He’s 32, we’d be lucky to get half that.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
No chance, he‘s not worth anywhere near £50m, we’d be lucky to get half that.
From Saudi? I would agree that we'd be lucky to get half of that from any other European club, but 40m-50m should be the minimum from a club in Saudi Arabia. They threw all kinds of money to acquire players last summer. I think Liverpool for ~40m for Fabinho, and Case is a much better and high profile player than him.

Wilt

From Saudi? I would agree that we'd be lucky to get half of that from any other European club, but 40m-50m should be the minimum from a club in Saudi Arabia. They threw all kinds of money to acquire players last summer. I think Liverpool for ~40m for Fabinho, and Case is a much better and high profile player than him.
What makes you think he wants to go to Saudi?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Think he’ll see out his contract and leave on free. If he went anywhere, perhaps US?
Let's hope he picks Saudi and gets us a good fee while we get rid of his hefty wages.

If not, then I hope that the next manager can make better us of him. I think the system ETH employs has made him look ten times worse than he actually is. I am sure Tuchel, if appointed, can make better use of him by having a more compact system and having legs around him in the midfield. Then yeah, US is a possibility when his contract expires in a couple of years.

Wilt

Let's hope he picks Saudi and gets us a good fee while we get rid of his hefty wages.

If not, then I hope that the next manager can make better us of him. I think the system ETH employs has made him look ten times worse than he actually is. I am sure Tuchel, if appointed, can make better use of him by having a more compact system and having legs around him in the midfield. Then yeah, US is a possibility when his contract expires in a couple of years.
Yes it would be good if we if we could move him on for a decent fee. If not he’s still a class player, albeit at age 32 probably the on the decline. Perhaps a new manager would make better use of him.

OldTrevil

I'd take any amount for Casemiro just to get him off the books and out of the dressing room. The f*cker has been phoning it in and taking the piss knowing his legacy is sealed at Real.

Bruno's game depends a lot on his physical attributes, as soon as he loses some explosiveness he'll likely have a massive drop no matter how fit he will still be. As some have said, a well run club would look to get a good fee for him this coming window, as next season he will be a year older with one less on his contract. As a stat padder, you can definitely use his inflated stats to hoodwink some capitalists into paying 75M+ for him.

noelyman

I'd hate for some of you lot to be in charge of this team. You'd do a worse job than ETH has regarding wheeling and dealing. Casemiro out i'm fine with. Looks past his best. But Bruno??? Good teams don't sell their best players, the very notion that you sell your best players to recoup some value and sign others, is a small club mentality. And unless you strike gold and get Coutinho like money like the scousers did it's not worth it.

Take Bruno out of our team this season and we'd be probably hovering above relegation. Give us 60m to waste on an average player? No thanks. Buy better players and make the team stocked so that the benched players can be sold on for profit is what good teams do. Ala 115FC with Palmer, Jesus etc.

tomaldinho1

I don’t think we’re getting much for Case, so the bulk of that is Bruno. I really don’t think he’d command much more of a fee given his age and the reality that the last few seasons he’s not been as great as he was when he came. I still think he’ll stay but it would be prudent, in my opinion, to take a decent fee for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wouldn't sell Bruno but if we get a chance to make a good use of the money then I'd be OK with it.
"Bruno is the only creative player we have" is the wrong way of looking at it. Creativity should come from the team setup and patterns of play in the first place (only then it's sustainable), and then from individuals on top of it. Not to mention it hasn't been working that well this season anyway for Bruno.

fps

I would sell both but it's risky from a leadership standpoint. But I would still take the gamble, if you can cash in on a 30 years old Bruno you have to seriously consider it while Casemiro is clearly replaceable.
Cash in on Bruno and botch recruitment and United finish in the bottom half of the table next season.

Darkhorsez

I'd hate for some of you lot to be in charge of this team. You'd do a worse job than ETH has regarding wheeling and dealing. Casemiro out i'm fine with. Looks past his best. But Bruno??? Good teams don't sell their best players, the very notion that you sell your best players to recoup some value and sign others, is a small club mentality. And unless you strike gold and get Coutinho like money like the scousers did it's not worth it.

Take Bruno out of our team this season and we'd be probably hovering above relegation. Give us 60m to waste on an average player? No thanks. Buy better players and make the team stocked so that the benched players can be sold on for profit is what good teams do. Ala 115FC with Palmer, Jesus etc.
Well said! Crazy some of the takes