Chain Draft (Main Thread)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@crappycraperson sorry mate @Kazi replied first. Got to give the spot to him.

I could use an AM if you can put up with my insane thought process!
OK so:

1) @Kazi, please confirm your blocks. Notice Puskas and Zico are NOT blocked since crappy ain't playing.

2) Once you do @Joga Bonito and I can decide on ours (only reason we should wait is you would be entitled to change your mind as I don't think you noticed crappy wasn't playing).

3) After that @mazhar13 can make the first pick

1. Tuppet - Messi & Garrincha
  2. mazhar13 - Maldini & Matthäus
  3. diarm - Iniesta & Seedorf
  4. Stobzilla - Edwards & C. Ronaldo
  5. Sjor Bepo - Platini & Di Stefano
  6. Skizzo - Maradona & Thuram
  7. bleezy - Baresi & Desailly
  8. EAP - Pele & L. Ronaldo
  9. Joga Bonito -
  10. The Stain - Zidane & Beckenbauer
  11. antohan -
  12. green_smiley - Rijkaard & van Basten
  13. MJJ - Cruyff & Xavi
  14. Kazi -
  15. Cutch - Keane & Best
  16. berbasloth4 - Redondo & Ronaldinho

antohan

If crappy wants my spot he can have it
From what I gathered he didn't want it, he just wants the bloody thing to start, just like me. The entire fun is once the draft gets going and here we are fecking about with player blocks.

Skizzo

It would have been much funnier to wait until halfway through the draft, then everyone gets to block one player from the team above them, and they have to fill in that chain with someone who would still meet the requirement.

VivaJanuzaj

Can add another cool twist if you want to be wicked @Edgar Allan Pillow

Before the drafting start you randomise 3 managers and PM them it's them, they get one chance to stop the any manager(each manager can be hit with it once), forcing him to choose a player who had to grow in the same youth club. This can put a big dent in some manager's plans.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Can add another cool twist if you want to be wicked @Edgar Allan Pillow

Before the drafting start you randomise 3 managers and PM them it's them, they get one chance to stop the any manager(each manager can be hit with it once), forcing him to choose a player who had to grow in the same youth club. This can put a big dent in some manager's plans.
@Edgar Allan Pillow if you were really evil like me you would add a rule whereby the chain must close. I.e. last player must link to first player.
Don't know amte. After the block rounds I presume this will be tough as it is. Don't want it to be too complex that team building becomes impossible!

Draft Rule Change (O3)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Notice:

Rule O3 has been changed. Please find the revised rule as below. Updated in OP too.

Overall Rules:
O3 - Club link can be established only if both players have played together for the same club in a given season. Seasons need to have a minimum 15 matches by each player (mail league or champions league only(No cups). For NT card, it should be at least 1 match in any international tournament (i.e. no friendlies).

Last edited:

antohan

Notice:

Rule O3 has been changed. Please find the revised rule as below. Updated in OP too.

Overall Rules:
O3 - Club link can be established only if both players have played together for the same club in a given season. Seasons need to have a minimum 5 matches by each player (mail league or champions league only(No cups). For NT card, it should be at least 1 match in any international tournament (i.e. no friendlies).
Why 5 now? Five is an accident, a youth player getting a few runouts with the big boys, etc. Is there a :drool: link that just happens to get ruled out that way?

Seriously, there's truckloads of journeyman club-hopping which consists of a handful of games here and there. If we are going there it's a bit shit TBH. I'd say it's 15 at least for a link to be in place, and any number being enough for a relationship.

i.e. A played with B at least 15, B played with C at least 15, C and A simply can't have played together AT ALL. That's what best reflects the spirit of it, anything else is fine-tuning based on specific scenarios.

antohan

Joga came into the threat and still did not post his blocks.. odd.
In fairness, there's a massive question mark now on whether Puskas/Zico/Eusebio/Neeskens are blocked. As far as I'm concerned, I'd definitely block some of those if Kazi doesn't, but then there are others I'm interested in and their (un)availability would guide my block picks.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
In fairness, there's a massive question mark now on whether Puskas/Zico/Eusebio/Neeskens are blocked. As far as I'm concerned, I'd definitely block some of those if Kazi doesn't, but then there are others I'm interested in and their (un)availability would guide my block picks.
I thought my blocks did not count and Kazi's did since he got trippy's spot.