Chain Draft (Main Thread)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wow, look at everyone rushing to make their picks.

I'll wait patiently for my pick. I get the feeling that someone may take him.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV)
antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol)
MJJ (crappy): 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real)
Joga (Annah): 1. Didi 2. N. Santos (Botafogo) 3. J. Bauer (Botafogo) 4. M. Ramos (Sao Paulo) 5. Zito (Santos) 6. C. Alberto (Santos) 7. Rivelino (Fluminense) 8. Jairzinho (NT) 9. M.Tresor (Marseille) 10. J. Tigana (Bordeaux) 11. E.Francescoli (Marseille)
Cal?: 1. Ribery 2. Robben (Bayern) 3. Cannavaro (Real) 4. Zambrotta (Juve) 5. van der Sar (Juve) 6. Evra (United) 7. Pirlo (Juve) 8. Djorkaeff (Inter) 9. Weah (Monaco) 10. Leonardo (Milan) 11. Aldair (Flamengo) 12. Cassano (Roma)
diarm: 1. R. Baggio 2. Tacconi (Juve) 3. Tardelli (Juve) 4. G. Baresi (Inter) 5. Klinsmann (Inter) 6. Campbell (Spurs) 7. Scholes (NT) 8. Cantona (United) 9. Amoros (Marseille) 10. Bokšić (Marseille) 11. Veron (Lazio) 12. Gary Neville
green_smiley: 1. Nordahl 2. Schiaffino (Milan) 3. Ghezzi (Milan) 4. Rivera (Milan) 5. Collovati (Milan) 6. Causio (Inter) 7. Cabrini (Juve) 8. Marocchi (Juve) 9. Häßler (Juve) 10. Olsen (Koln) 11. Lerby (NT)
Cutch: 1. Passarella 2. Bergomi (Inter) 3. Bergkamp (Inter) 4. Davids (Ajax) 5. Vierchowod (Juve) 6. Conti (Roma) 7. P. Rossi (NT) 8. Evani (Milan) 9. Donadoni (Milan) 10. Panucci (Milan) 11. De Rossi (Roma) 12. Morgan De Sanctis (Roma)
bleezy: 1. M. Laudrup 2. Stoichkov (Barca) 3. Benarrivo (Parma) 4. Albertini (Padova) 5. Cafu (Milan) 6. Batistuta (Roma) 7. Ayala (NT) 8. Mendieta (Valencia) 9. Zubizarreta (Valencia) 10. Alexanko (Barcelona) 11. Iribar (Bilbao) 12. Orúe (Bilbao)
Sjor Bepo: 1. Gento 2. Amancio Amaro (Real) 3. Netzer (Real) 4. Bonhof (Gladbach) 5. Schumacher (Koln) 6. Forster (NT) 7. Papin (Marseille) 8. Babbel (Bayern) 9. Lahm (Stuttgart) 10. Schweinsteiger (Bayern) 11. Frings (Bayern) 12. Christoph Metzelder (Dortmund)
EAP: 1. Breitner 2. K. H. Rummenigge (Bayern) 3. Zenga (Inter) 4. Brehme (Inter) 5. Augenthaler (Bayern) 6. Effenberg (Bayern) 7. W Sagnol (Bayern) 8. Ballack (Bayern) 9. Shevchenko (Chelsea) 10. Emerson (Milan) 11. Totti (Roma) 12. Mexès (Roma)
Skizzo: 1. J. Charles 2. O. Sivori (Juve) 3. Del Sol (Juve) 4. Santamaria (Real) 5. Pirri (Real) 6. Camacho (Real) 7. Chendo (Real) 8. Hierro (Real) 9. L. Enrique (NT) 10. Riquelme (Barcelona) 11. Tevez (Boca) 12. Buffon (Juve)
The Stain: 1. Robson 2. Giggs (United) 3. Stam (United) 4. Kaka (Milan) 5. Essien (Real) 6. A. Cole (Chelsea) 7. Beckham (NT) 8. Van Nistelrooy (United) 9. Iwan (PSV) 10. Koeman (Feyenoord) 11. Gerets (PSV) 12. Preud'homme (Standard)
Pat_Mustard: 1. Sir B. Charlton 2. Law (United) 3. Rosato (Torino) 4. Schnellinger (Milan) 5. Zoff(Mantova) 6. Haller (Juventus) 7. Vogts (NT) 8. Simonsen (Gladbach) 9. Schuster (Barcelona) 10. Ruggeri (Real) 11. Gallego (River Plate) 12. Kempes (River Plate)
Kazi: 1. S. Mazzola 2. Luisito Suarez (Inter) 3. Kocsis (Barcelona) 4. Bozsik (Honved) 5. Kincses (Kispest) 6. Boniperti (Juve) 7. Hamrin (Juve) 8. Lodetti (Milan) 9. Picchi (NT) 10. Burgnich (Inter) 11. Bordon (Inter) 12. Ferri (Inter)
Tuppet (VivaJ): 1. Van Hanegem 2. Gullit (Feyenoord) 3. Costacurta (Milan) 4. Nesta (Milan) 5. Nedved (Lazio) 6. Del Piero (Juve) 7. Peruzzi (Juve) 8. Reuter (Juve) 9. Kopke (Nurnberg) 10. Makelele (Marseille) 11. Benzema (France) 12. Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

@green_smiley once you pick please tag Joga/Annah

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
GENOA FAN ARTICLE ON ABBADIE

It's written by a Genoa fan whose dream for almost 50 years was to meet Abbadie, his childhood hero, in person. So in 2004 he just jumped on a plane for a trip that takes about 18hs each way and costs about two grand. Good thing he doesn't play drafts on here or Annah's argument on him being shit would fall on its arse.

Genoa fan said:
Abbadie was really from another planet, and changed, with the way he plays, the way I understand football. Football as art. Art and intelligence. Here, in two words, is the message of Abbadie. A clear message of the South American school.

[After the World Cup in 1954] specialized commentators had put Abbadie in the Ideal World XI, and as fans we obviously knew. Therefore, the news of his purchase, in that unforgettable summer of '56, broke a lot of enthusiasm.

Abbadie exhibited an extremely high level of class. For two years, even though he lacked the support of the midfield (which had been dismembered before his arrival, and never rebuilt), to the point that often, he had to do it all the midfield's work by himself (he could play as a 7, as an 8 or as a 9). Abbadie delighted his many fans with performances of rare intelligence technique and refined talent.

His style was unique. Running strides, tall, very elegant movements, holding the ball at least a meter forward. It always seemed that the marker could anticipate it, and yet at the last moment it was as if they removed themselves to let him pass. It took me some time to grasp that imperceptible fake body that Abbadie performed at full speed, thanks to which he regularly left defenders for dead. His dribbling was one of the most beautiful and spectacular things I've ever seen on the football field...

Abbadie was a nightmare, not only for the poor Morin. It was also for the whole Sampdoria, in the famous derby 1 November of '57, known to history as "the derby of Abbadie". That day Genoa entered the field with only one point in the tables, last and far from everyone, and with a very small team. Over the 90 mins the great uruguayan champion deliveered Corso and Firottto with a dozen balls that only needed to be pushed into the net. Many they missed but three slipped, allowing the fans to raise their heads at the city level.

He made his marker sprain an ankle with his dribbling, at which point the Sampdoria coach decided to get his best player on his case: Ernst Ocwirk. Seeing that he wasn't stopping him, he indicated he should get tighter to him and the whole stadium saw how Ocwirk waved his arms indicating there was nothing that could be done to stop him.
ABBADIE GIFS

ATTACK: As a winger in the 50s

Abbadie scores the 7th vs. Scotland (2nd of a brace), assisted by Varela.

Has dribbled Roger Byrne, makes Billy Wright look like an amateur and ends up stopped by a Byrne Greco-Roman tussle. Foul, may well have been a peno. Also assisted the first goal.

ATTACK: As a right midfielder in the 60s

Assist for Joya in the first Libertadores final against River (he scored the other in that game from a loose ball in the box, can't see jack)

Abbadie equalises in the deciding final against River, who were 2-0 up and lost 4-2.

Joya to Abbadie on the flank, beutifully weighted curved ball for Joya who shoots. Spencer scores from the loose ball but it is disallowed.

DEFENCE: As a right midfielder in the 60s

In 1966, Peñarol beat Real Madrid 4-0 over two legs. Francisco Gento, one of the best and certainly the most decorated left wingers in history couldn't score or assist for 180 minutes.

So let's see how Abbadie went about things, eh? This is just from the first 15 minutes of the second leg (in Madrid).

Roque Gastón Máspoli said:
Against Real, we just nullified the most important players they had. Primarily because I had players that, when given a role they performed it just like I had planned. In that sense Abbadie was essential. I had Abbadie playing as a fourth midfielder, making play from the right and deciding whether it was more appropriate for him to cross from deep, or advance, or release Forlán. He was a fantastic player, very intelligent, always made the right decision.

Shepherding Gento to a dead end, then dispossessing him.

Intercepts ball, runs at defence, dribbles one, good tackle from the CB

Real try to attack down Gento's flank, watch Abbadie's discipline keeping the shape. Nothing rash, just controlling the situation and ensuring it ends up in a dead end. Real players sense the trap and bugger off to try elsewhere.

Yet again, good positioning, tracks the play and takes his opportunity to intercept, recycles and sprints for the forward pass.

Now Abbadie was upfield after taking a corner and Real tried a long ball for Amancio. Tito runs back to cover though.

Real send Amancio to double-up with Gento to penetrate that right flank. Look at how easily he dictates what Amancio does. No blood and thunder, just good positioning leading him to a harmless pass and recovery of possession as the rightback does his job and keeps Gento away from the receiving end.

Defending really is a simple art when you have the right players, well drilled in their roles and familiar with each other. Just like Abbbadie says that in open space the attacker has the advantage, in tight spaces the defenders do. Simple logic, simple ideas, simple football. But devastating.

Abbadie said:
I found it quite easy to adapt to a right midfield job. One thing I always hated about being a winger was how I had to deal with two man-markers: the fullback and the line. The line always worked as an extra marker, as a limitation to my movements, so I never allowed my markers to get me in that tight spot. I took them on, run straight at them, and at the very last moment, made a quick dribble and I was off because I had the advantage of those couple of metres advantage as the defender turned. So as a midfielder I knew what to do, I had to use that line that used to be my enemy as an ally

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@green_smiley picks Krol (sorry, forgot he sent to me! :nervous: )

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV)
antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol)
MJJ (crappy): 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real)
Joga (Annah): 1. Didi 2. N. Santos (Botafogo) 3. J. Bauer (Botafogo) 4. M. Ramos (Sao Paulo) 5. Zito (Santos) 6. C. Alberto (Santos) 7. Rivelino (Fluminense) 8. Jairzinho (NT) 9. M.Tresor (Marseille) 10. J. Tigana (Bordeaux) 11. E.Francescoli (Marseille) 12.
Cal?: 1. Ribery 2. Robben (Bayern) 3. Cannavaro (Real) 4. Zambrotta (Juve) 5. van der Sar (Juve) 6. Evra (United) 7. Pirlo (Juve) 8. Djorkaeff (Inter) 9. Weah (Monaco) 10. Leonardo (Milan) 11. Aldair (Flamengo) 12. Cassano (Roma)
diarm: 1. R. Baggio 2. Tacconi (Juve) 3. Tardelli (Juve) 4. G. Baresi (Inter) 5. Klinsmann (Inter) 6. Campbell (Spurs) 7. Scholes (NT) 8. Cantona (United) 9. Amoros (Marseille) 10. Bokšić (Marseille) 11. Veron (Lazio) 12. Gary Neville
green_smiley: 1. Nordahl 2. Schiaffino (Milan) 3. Ghezzi (Milan) 4. Rivera (Milan) 5. Collovati (Milan) 6. Causio (Inter) 7. Cabrini (Juve) 8. Marocchi (Juve) 9. Häßler (Juve) 10. Olsen (Koln) 11. Lerby (NT) 12. Ruud Krol (Ajax)
Cutch: 1. Passarella 2. Bergomi (Inter) 3. Bergkamp (Inter) 4. Davids (Ajax) 5. Vierchowod (Juve) 6. Conti (Roma) 7. P. Rossi (NT) 8. Evani (Milan) 9. Donadoni (Milan) 10. Panucci (Milan) 11. De Rossi (Roma) 12. Morgan De Sanctis (Roma)
bleezy: 1. M. Laudrup 2. Stoichkov (Barca) 3. Benarrivo (Parma) 4. Albertini (Padova) 5. Cafu (Milan) 6. Batistuta (Roma) 7. Ayala (NT) 8. Mendieta (Valencia) 9. Zubizarreta (Valencia) 10. Alexanko (Barcelona) 11. Iribar (Bilbao) 12. Orúe (Bilbao)
Sjor Bepo: 1. Gento 2. Amancio Amaro (Real) 3. Netzer (Real) 4. Bonhof (Gladbach) 5. Schumacher (Koln) 6. Forster (NT) 7. Papin (Marseille) 8. Babbel (Bayern) 9. Lahm (Stuttgart) 10. Schweinsteiger (Bayern) 11. Frings (Bayern) 12. Christoph Metzelder (Dortmund)
EAP: 1. Breitner 2. K. H. Rummenigge (Bayern) 3. Zenga (Inter) 4. Brehme (Inter) 5. Augenthaler (Bayern) 6. Effenberg (Bayern) 7. W Sagnol (Bayern) 8. Ballack (Bayern) 9. Shevchenko (Chelsea) 10. Emerson (Milan) 11. Totti (Roma) 12. Mexès (Roma)
Skizzo: 1. J. Charles 2. O. Sivori (Juve) 3. Del Sol (Juve) 4. Santamaria (Real) 5. Pirri (Real) 6. Camacho (Real) 7. Chendo (Real) 8. Hierro (Real) 9. L. Enrique (NT) 10. Riquelme (Barcelona) 11. Tevez (Boca) 12. Buffon (Juve)
The Stain: 1. Robson 2. Giggs (United) 3. Stam (United) 4. Kaka (Milan) 5. Essien (Real) 6. A. Cole (Chelsea) 7. Beckham (NT) 8. Van Nistelrooy (United) 9. Iwan (PSV) 10. Koeman (Feyenoord) 11. Gerets (PSV) 12. Preud'homme (Standard)
Pat_Mustard: 1. Sir B. Charlton 2. Law (United) 3. Rosato (Torino) 4. Schnellinger (Milan) 5. Zoff(Mantova) 6. Haller (Juventus) 7. Vogts (NT) 8. Simonsen (Gladbach) 9. Schuster (Barcelona) 10. Ruggeri (Real) 11. Gallego (River Plate) 12. Kempes (River Plate)
Kazi: 1. S. Mazzola 2. Luisito Suarez (Inter) 3. Kocsis (Barcelona) 4. Bozsik (Honved) 5. Kincses (Kispest) 6. Boniperti (Juve) 7. Hamrin (Juve) 8. Lodetti (Milan) 9. Picchi (NT) 10. Burgnich (Inter) 11. Bordon (Inter) 12. Ferri (Inter)
Tuppet (VivaJ): 1. Van Hanegem 2. Gullit (Feyenoord) 3. Costacurta (Milan) 4. Nesta (Milan) 5. Nedved (Lazio) 6. Del Piero (Juve) 7. Peruzzi (Juve) 8. Reuter (Juve) 9. Kopke (Nurnberg) 10. Makelele (Marseille) 11. Benzema (France) 12. Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

@Annahnomoss @Joga Bonito

antohan

Pick 12 - Teófilo CUBILLAS – “El Nene”

As I mentioned before, Peñarol in the 60s was a “Rest of South America Select XI” featuring Uruguay’s best ever goalkeeper, some of its best ever midfielders and attacking players (Gonçalves, Rocha, Abbadie, Sasía…), Ecuador’s best player ever, Chile’s best player ever and Peru’s and Paraguay’s best players at the time. It’s a natural home for Perú’s best player ever, and boy could we use a talent like him!

In a nutshell, he is the top scoring midfielder in World Cup history, with ten goals. That’s some record. OK, if you classify Thomas Müller as a midfielder (which I wouldn’t, clear as day forward) his record is identical: 10 in 13. But then, I’m sure we all agree Müller’s record is exceptional, and he played for a World Cup winning side, not one whose best position was 7th.

In 1970 he got the Best Young Player Award and in 1978 he also made the All-Star Team. He was clearly special, more so than any of the randomers we sometimes :drool: @Chesterlestreet over.

As with Figueroa, Cubillas would rightfully be up there with the very best in history, except that he was way too loyal to his country and his choice of clubs was always determined by a key factor: would they let him fly to South America every time Peru played? A legend at Porto, he was paid even more than Eusebio at Benfica, but when told not to make the trip to Venezuela for a Copa América final he just jumped on the plane anyway. Then as Peru qualified to the ’78 World Cup Porto refused to release him a few months in advance, so the Peruvian FA paid his transfer and got him to return and play for Alianza Lima and thus ending his playing days in Europe.

You will have noticed such commitment is something I very much look out for. Europeans are used to having their international breaks as some sort of excuse for a mini-holiday with a couple of kickabouts at some point in the week. South Americans fly back and forth constantly. In fact, before FIFA sorted out their calendar you had players having to be released exhausted after a weekend game and flying 12+ hours to play in midweek, then back. So I’ve spent my entire life noticing the huge differences in character, loyalty and commitment that transpired from this. Some would suddenly get injured, some would ask not to be called up, others like Figueroa or Cubillas travelled out of their own pocket to make sure they didn’t let their team and country down. No prizes for guessing which ones wound up being the more successful and influential players.

Of course, he didn’t just have individual honours, a commendable attitude and commitment. Cubillas’ claim to fame is the way he broke up the traditional dominance of the Big Three in South American football. Qualifiers worked like this: three groups with Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay as seeds, that was a bloody great way to ensure the big guns qualified. Uruguay always got the pesky Bolivia away of course, as that regularly threw curveballs in the carefully planned qualifying process. Usually though, if you were outside the Big Three all you could look forward to was being host (Chile ‘62) or a South American team winning and leaving your group seedless (Chile ’66 and ’74, courtesy of no Brazil).

Then this chaps from Peru come along and knock out Argentina to qualify for the 1970 World Cup. Not just that, they play some amazing football and are only eliminated by eventual champions Brazil. Cubillas scored five goals and, by the end of the tournament wasn’t just the Best Young Player.

Pelé after winning the 1970 World Cup said:
Don’t worry, I already have a successor: Teófilo Cubillas
In the early 70s, the two top Peruvian teams combined forces to tour Europe, where they beat Benfica and Bayern. Bayern, in their pomp, lost 4-1.

Beckenbauer said:
I’ve never seen anyone play football like that
Heartache ensued as a confrontation with the NT manager had him subbed when they went ahead in the decider against Chile. Seems the manager had the LVG-Herrera syndrome. Peru collapsed and Chile got back into it and qualified instead.

He would still return to the World Cup with Peru two more times (1978 and 1982) -and once he retired Peru never made it again- but his crowning glory was winning the 1975 Copa América, where he scored his famous “folha seca” (dry leaf) free kick against Brazil as they beat them 3-1 away in the semifinal.

Chilavert said:
When I saw that goal, I decided I also wanted to take free kicks
Playing style: Cubillas was a #10 of the AM sort. By this I mean he was more akin to a midfielder than a forward, more Valderrama than Baggio. He dictated from midfield and up, not as a DLP but as a ball carrying playmaker. Vertical in his play, generous and always looking for the one-two, akin to Platini starting moves from deep if you will but somewhat less about spraying passes (which he could, of course) and more about dribbling and one-twoing his way past a defence.

Let’s not assume he carried his Peruvian side, that was a golden generation for Perú and all of Cueto, Oblitas, Velásquez and Chumpitaz would walk into their All-Time side. In fact, the striking thing was how expansive they were, they didn’t beat the Big Three to the World Cup (eliminating Argentina once and Uruguay twice) or win the Copa by shutting up shop, playing cagey football and fluking a Greece-style win. Nope, they took the game to all of them, and beat them fair and square at their own game, playing proper football. My earliest memories of watching Uruguay involve Peru rodgering us at home and knocking us out of two World Cups in a row.

Still, there was a marked difference between Perú with or without Cubillas. He was the fulcrum and, like Maradona and Pelé, was the catalyst that made everything around him work and raised everyone’s level to their very top level.

Cracking player, and I’m pleased to have him. He is a great fit for this side.

How could I forget? Yet another evidence of him being a great guy: when the Alianza Lima team got wiped out after a plane crash he came out of retirement and played for them for another three years.

That's to be expected though from someone saying: "If I could live my life again I would play football, I would start at Alianza Lima again, and I would choose to be born in Peru".

Last edited:

antohan

That's it! I'm done! I feel like forfeiting right now!
:lol: The funny thing is had I got Schiaffino my alternative path to Falcão would have meant he was long gone. Basically, you would have never got him once you picked Falcão :keano:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
feck off... Here we go with the usual putting carts before the horses... What's the point of writing about players if all you chaps will do is just start screaming "DRAW! DRAW! DRAW!" like Romans in a circus.

feck it, I'm making my pick now then.
Chill mate. I just wanted the draw in a PM when the neutrals are available. I only plan to post it after all picks are made.

antohan

Chill mate. I just wanted the draw in a PM when the neutrals are available. I only plan to post it after all picks are made.
I know mate and I didn't think you would announce te draw straight away. Just got annoyed I had spent ages writing all that about Teo and when I got on here the writing was on the wall: I'd pick Teo, mazhar picks someone oter than Krol and onto the big announcement so nobody gives a feck about Cubillas.

Not fair on The Kid :(

Skizzo

Since there's a lull while we wait. ...here's a nice little compilation of some of Buffon's best saves. Number 1 and 2 showing some ridiculous reflexes.

think this is the first time I've ever managed to get him in a draft, and quite happy with it indeed. With him, Camacho, Santamaria, Hierro and Pirri, we aren't short of leaders or strong, defensive performers.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12.
antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol) 12. T. Cubillas
MJJ (crappy): 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real) 12.
Joga (Annah): 1. Didi 2. N. Santos (Botafogo) 3. J. Bauer (Botafogo) 4. M. Ramos (Sao Paulo) 5. Zito (Santos) 6. C. Alberto (Santos) 7. Rivelino (Fluminense) 8. Jairzinho (NT) 9. M.Tresor (Marseille) 10. J. Tigana (Bordeaux) 11. Enzo Francescoli (Marseille) 12. N. Pumpido (River Plate)
green_smiley: 1. Nordahl 2. Schiaffino (Milan) 3. Ghezzi (Milan) 4. Rivera (Milan) 5. Collovati (Milan) 6. Causio (Inter) 7. Cabrini (Juve) 8. Marocchi (Juve) 9. Häßler (Juve) 10. Olsen (Koln) 11. Lerby (NT) 12. Ruud Krol (Ajax)

@MJJ @crappycraperson

antohan

BTW, could anyone on a PC add Ft. Lauderdale Strikers to Teo? I just gave it for granted you would all be experts in late 70s MLS :p

Shitty links for a 12th player, but he is just bloody perfect and if I get to upgrade at all Schiaffino and Spencer are my top priorities anyway.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12.
antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol) 12. T. Cubillas (Ft. Lauderdale Strikers)
MJJ (crappy): 1. Romario 2. Guardiola (Barca) 3. Figo (Barca) 4. Vieira (Inter) 5. Henry (Arsenal) 6. Deschamps (Juve) 7. Kohler (Juve) 8. Sammer (Dortmund) 9. Kahn (NT) 10. Kroos (Bayern) 11. Marcelo (Real) 12.
Joga (Annah): 1. Didi 2. N. Santos (Botafogo) 3. J. Bauer (Botafogo) 4. M. Ramos (Sao Paulo) 5. Zito (Santos) 6. C. Alberto (Santos) 7. Rivelino (Fluminense) 8. Jairzinho (NT) 9. M.Tresor (Marseille) 10. J. Tigana (Bordeaux) 11. Enzo Francescoli (Marseille) 12. N. Pumpido (River Plate)

antohan

feck me, only just reviewed the roster. MJJ and Crappy really fecked up with that Kahn pick, didn't they? Lesser players and rather poor links as well, else they would walk this.

Would rather not get them, or Joga (yet!), or Stain/Pat on redcafe.

Give me GS so I can have a shot at Pepe! I will be playing 12v10 :devil:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After losing out on the elegent Krol, I have decided to go with a proper hardman defender who's no-nonsense approach complemented the flair and excitement of the Danish Dynamite.

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12. Nielsen (PSV)
antohan: 1. Facchetti 2. Boninsegna (Inter) 3. Scirea (Juve) 4. Altafini (Juve) 5. L. Buffon (Milan) 6. Julio César Abbadie (Genoa) 7. O. Varela (Peñarol) 8. V. R. Andrade (NT) 9. Juan Eduardo Hohberg (Peñarol) 10. Néstor Gonçalves (Peñarol) 11. Elías Ricardo Figueroa (Peñarol) 12. T. Cubillas (Ft. Lauderdale Strikers)

@Theon @Edgar Allan Pillow

Final Teams for Round1

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Final teams for Round 1:

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao 2. di Bartolomei (Roma) 3. Tassotti (Milan) 4. Savicevic (Milan) 5. Jugovic (Red Star) 6. J. Zanetti (Inter) 7. R. Carlos (Inter) 8. Rivaldo (Palmeiras) 9. Couto (Barcelona) 10. Popescu (Barcelona) 11. van Breukelen (PSV) 12. Nielsen (PSV)