Chain Draft (Main Thread)

diarm

My first to! I've rewatched the swedish summary of it countless times. Sweden beat Bulgaria 4-0 to finish 3rd. A young Henrik Larsson with the 4th goal. Brolin in the world team. Björklund/Patrik Andersson in defence. Thern/Schwarz in midfield. Kennet Andersson/Dahlin in attack. Ravelli saving 2 penalties in penalty shoot-out against Romania in the QF. We drew 1-1 to Brazil in the group after goals by Andersson and Romario. Then Romario scored with a header late in the semi against us to make the final. Amazing :D
I wonder is everyones favourite the first one they were really old enough to appreciate or was 94 just as special as we remember it?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I wonder is everyones favourite the first one they were really old enough to appreciate or was 94 just as special as we remember it?
I think you'll always remember the first one fondly (insert sex joke). Sweden finishing 3rd helps for me but WC94 had some great goals. Also, everyone likes an underdog.

Tuppet

I personally enjoyed it because of number of sparkling individual performances. The teams were actually pretty dire, Italy was typically boring but even Brazil was very non brazilian (Mazinho, Mauro silva, dunga) probably the worst brazilian team to win it. But performances or Romario, Baggio, Stoichkov, Hagi, Brolin were amazing. I would say both Romario 94 and Baggio 94 are every bit as good as any other world cup performance out there. FWIW I loved WC 2002 as well, only because I was like everyone else Ronaldo Crazy. It does not happen enough in more recent world cups, 2010 in particular was atrocious.

The Stain

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Not only Stain's first team but his whole squad is off the charts. He could line up 3-4 different ways and all would be worthy of the final

Tuppet

The Stain has this draft won unless Tuppet can stop him from the obvious pick. And I don't believe Tuppet can
Not only Stain's first team but his whole squad is off the charts. He could line up 3-4 different ways and all would be worthy of the final
While Stain's squad is without a doubt awesome, the final is far from a forgone conclusion :) .
I wish Romario had better links but i couldn't exactly pass on him.

You had great links for the final, must have been a mindfeck deciding. Passarella, Gentile, Bergomi, Klinsmann, Zanetti etc.
You didn't really need anything apart from Romario really. I thought for a long time about Passarella but could not justify him placing in a 2 with Roberto Carlos.

The Stain

Yes, deserve all the praise you can get for this draft, EAP. Research intensive as it gets and multiple factors to take into account when picking chains.

My favourites to win the draft after the initial drafting were: MJJ/crappy, Tuppet/Viva & Joga/Annah.

I guess if i had to pick one it would be MJJ/crappy. That's evident from my conversations with Aldo & Annah. Especially in the Aldo conversation i mention/anticipate possible picks for MJJ/crappy. Thanks @Aldo for bearing with me during the draft. :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sensing a little bit of pent up animosity here. Can't imagine why :angel:

I think we ran a wonderful draft. Even more so since people seem to remember you being the mean one.
They do, yeah. It changed my image on the Caf completely and I enjoy the new me a lot. fecking awesome, well worth the short term slavery experience.