Chain Draft (Main Thread)

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:lol: I remember thinking you hadn't done too badly getting Vidic instead. Never underestimate a single bad game.
It's weird though, Vidic always has the Torres debacle against him (which was more or less debunked by an excellent @Pat_Mustard post) but the likes of Thuram (Munitis), Nesta (Henry) and Maldini (Kanchelkis, Laudrup etc) never have it brought against them - other than Gio that is. I understand that the latter trio are undisputable greats but it does get annoying after a while when the likes of Vidic etc get painted as liabilitites despite being terrific for the most part as well, just at a lower level than the likes of Nesta, Thuram and Maldini.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's weird though, Vidic always has the Torres debacle against him (which was more or less debunked by an excellent @Pat_Mustard post) but the likes of Thuram (Munitis), Nesta (Henry) and Maldini (Kanchelkis, Laudrup etc) never have it brought against them - other than Gio that is. I understand that the latter trio are undisputable greats but it does get annoying after a while when the likes of Vidic etc get painted as liabilitites despite being terrific for the most part as well, just at a lower level than the likes of Nesta, Thuram and Maldini.
It's also a partnership thing. Sure, Vidic doesn't have the pace to live with Torres in a high line, but then, isn't it a case of Rio making sure he can't exploit that? BTW, if anyone goes "don't name unpicked players" I'll twat them, not exactly obscure gems we are talking about here.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

mazhar13
: 1. P. Falcao
antohan: 1. Facchetti
MJJ: 1. Romario
Joga Bonito: 1. Didi
Stobzilla: 1. Rivaldo
diarm: 1. R.Baggio
green_smiley: 1. Nordahl
Cutch: 1. Passarella
bleezy: 1.
Sjor Bepo: 1.
EAP: 1.
Skizzo: 1.
The Stain: 1.
berbasloth4: 1.
Kazi: 1.
Tuppet: 1.

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Puskas, Di Stefano, Edwards, Garrincha, Pele, Eusebio, Best, Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Cruyff, Neeskens, Zico, Platini, Boniek, Maradona, Matthäus, Baresi, Maldini, Rijkaard, van Basten, Desailly, L. Ronaldo, Redondo, Seedorf, Keane, Zidane, Thuram, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi.

@bleezy

bleezy

Didn't think he'd survive with the potential links he has, but delighted to get him. I pick Michael Laudrup.

mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao
bleezy: 1. M.Laudrup
Sjor Bepo: 1.

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Puskas, Di Stefano, Edwards, Garrincha, Pele, Eusebio, Best, Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Cruyff, Neeskens, Zico, Platini, Boniek, Maradona, Matthäus, Baresi, Maldini, Rijkaard, van Basten, Desailly, L. Ronaldo, Redondo, Seedorf, Keane, Zidane, Thuram, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi.

@Šjor Bepo

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
feck me this was fast, cant decide between two players so you will have to wait a little bit....

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Edgar Allan Pillow for reinforcement round, if let say between Pick 8 and Pick 12, I choose Pick 10 to branch out. Does the reinforcement tie to Pick 9?

E.g. Pick 8 - Pick 9 - Pick 10 -> Reinforcement #1
Is it allowed for reinforcement #1 to have played with Pick 9?
Same principle applies.

1st reinforcement pick - Link to original picks any of players picked in rounds 8-12
2nd reinforcement pick - Link to 1st reinforcement pick and should not have played rounds 8-12 player (with whoever the link was established)

antohan

Same principle applies.

1st reinforcement pick - Link to original picks any of players picked in rounds 8-12
2nd reinforcement pick - Link to 1st reinforcement pick and should not have played rounds 8-12 player (with whoever the link was established)
Oh, 2nd reinforcement MUST be linked to 13th pick then? You can't pick someone linked to the 8th chap and someone linked to the 11th chap?

Clarification on reinforcements.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Oh, 2nd reinforcement MUST be linked to 13th pick then? You can't pick someone linked to the 8th chap and someone linked to the 11th chap?
It's the same principle as original draft.

Say you use the 10th draft pick to link up...

1st reinforcement pick - Should have played with Player 10 but not with Player 9 (same 15 game/season applies here too)
2nd reinforcement pick - Should have played 1st reinforcement pick but not with with Player 10.

Remember, the reinforcement pool is open!

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Sjor Bepo: 1. Gento

@Edgar Allan Pillow

antohan

It's the same principle as original draft.

Say you use the 10th draft pick to link up...

1st reinforcement pick - Should have played with Player 10 (same 15 game/season applies here too)
2nd reinforcement pick - Should have played 1st reinforcement pick but not with with Player 10.

Remember, the reinforcement pool is open!
And what about first reinforcement and Player 9? Is 9=A, 10=B and 13=C?

antohan

@Edgar Allan Pillow
:lol: @Joga Bonito

MJJ

@Edgar Allan Pillow
Thats why I passed on Didi :lol:

ctp

If anyone wants some assistance with the scouting, send me a PM.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Draft List:

EAP: 1. Paul Breitner

@Skizzo

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That was one of EAPs first drafts. I remember telling him to avoid competing with Stobz for the best players, or getting the best alternative to each best player, but instead picking strategically to make sure he had no chance of surviving the first game, then at reinforcement they would all come to pappa and strengthen him in his weaker roles. Poor Stobz didn't know what hit him, his defence was the opposite of what you would expect with a Milan side.
Yes, the Capello and Trap pools were ridiculous if you could get full access. I remember being terribly chuffed that we snapped up both Matthaus and Tardelli, leaving Harms with relative no-marks shoring up his midfield. Grand strategy buggered by a draw against Pep's Barca/Bayern super (and un-upgradeable) hybrid.

Pleased to see plenty of early shafting going on here.

antohan

I'm not sure whether to move on to what I wanted to do or just shaft back for the sake of it. Depending on the next round my entire reason to play this may go out of the window, at which point I will be a very dangerous man to have lurking around :lol:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Yes, the Capello and Trap pools were ridiculous if you could get full access. I remember being terribly chuffed that we snapped up both Matthaus and Tardelli, leaving Harms with relative no-marks shoring up his midfield. Grand strategy buggered by a draw against Pep's Barca/Bayern super (and un-upgradeable) hybrid.

I still think you deserved to win that match.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Draft List:

EAP: 1. Paul Breitner
Skizzo: 1. John Charles