Chain Draft (Main Thread)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Re- the 15 games rule. Is that for a single season or cumulative?

Suppose you had Gaalinho who played 7 games in 2000 and 8 in 2001 could I link him with Phealinho?

Also if Gaalinho had played one game in the same season as Kiddinho (who is legit linked to Phealinho) would that be an invalid pick?
The 15-games rule applies to one season only. Gaalinho and Phealinho need to play 15 games for the same team in the same season (not necessarily 15 games together, though).

In order to pick Kiddinho, I'm not 100% sure about that (probably 80% sure), but if Kiddinho has a club link to Gaalinho as defined by EAP in the OP (doesn't have to be the same club as Kiddinho-Phealinho), then you cannot pick Kiddinho. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever you want (according to my interpretations).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Re- the 15 games rule. Is that for a single season or cumulative?

Suppose you had Gaalinho who played 7 games in 2000 and 8 in 2001 could I link him with Phealinho?

Also if Gaalinho had played one game in the same season as Kiddinho (who is legit linked to Phealinho) would that be an invalid pick?
@Edgar Allan Pillow specifically said 15 in a given season by both players.

If Gaalinho EVER played a single club game with Kiddinho in that or any other team, it's ruled out. That's the entire premise, A and C can't have played together at all, anywhere.

antohan

so much of me not doing chains before and going player by player.....just did 2 hours of creating chains for a player that will probably go in next three picks :lol::lol::lol:
:lol: That's the whole fun of the theme though TBH. I too wanted to just sit tight and wait but can't help it. It would help if it went quicker though as once we are past the first round it should be abundantly clear who you should be worried about in the near future.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
:lol: That's the whole fun of the theme though TBH. I too wanted to just sit tight and wait but can't help it. It would help if it went quicker though as once we are past the first round it should be abundantly clear who you should be worried about in the near future.
i thought it will be much easier and then i tried and its bloody tough! Got lost many times in your part of the world :lol:

antohan

i thought it will be much easier and then i tried and its bloody tough! Got lost many times in your part of the world :lol:
Get out of my part of the world, I'll hand you your arse on a plate if you get anywhere near it. :keano:

diarm

Need to research more due to lack of appearance records in that era and the last thing I want is to create a shitstorm as to whether that pick would be valid or not...
If it's so far back that you really can't find any concrete records, I would say the anus is on us to prove you're wrong. Sure take the risk!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao
antohan: 1. Facchetti
MJJ: 1. Romario
Joga Bonito: 1. Didi
Stobzilla: 1.
diarm: 1.
green_smiley: 1.
Cutch: 1.
bleezy: 1.
Sjor Bepo: 1.
EAP: 1.
Skizzo: 1.
The Stain: 1.
berbasloth4: 1.
Kazi: 1.
Tuppet: 1.

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Messi, Garrincha, Maldini, Matthäus, Iniesta, Seedorf, Edwards, C. Ronaldo, Platini, Di Stefano, Maradona, Thuram, Baresi, Desailly, Pele, L. Ronaldo, Neeskens, Boniek, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Gerd Müller, Rijkaard, van Basten, Cruyff, Xavi, Puskas, Eusebio, Keane, Best, Redondo, Ronaldinho

@Stobzilla

Sorry for the delay

antohan

I'm so bored I took the time too reorder the blocked players in chronological/team order so no one goofs up. @Stobzilla please use this one.

mazhar13
: 1. P. Falcao
antohan: 1. Facchetti
MJJ: 1. Romario
Joga Bonito: 1. Didi
Stobzilla: 1.
diarm: 1.
green_smiley: 1.
Cutch: 1.
bleezy: 1.
Sjor Bepo: 1.
EAP: 1.
Skizzo: 1.
The Stain: 1.
berbasloth4: 1.
Kazi: 1.
Tuppet: 1.

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Puskas, Di Stefano, Edwards, Garrincha, Pele, Eusebio, Best, Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Cruyff, Neeskens, Zico, Platini, Boniek, Maradona, Matthäus, Baresi, Maldini, Rijkaard, van Basten, Desailly, L. Ronaldo, Redondo, Seedorf, Keane, Zidane, Thuram, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If it's so far back that you really can't find any concrete records, I would say the anus is on us to prove you're wrong. Sure take the risk!
That has to be the thing, yes. In some cases there simply aren't available records that are specific enough to serve as proof. But I think anto's suggestion is a good one in terms of keeping it in accordance with the spirit of the draft: If you don't know whether your man (or the man you're linking him with) was a regular, i.e. if he was very young - or on his last legs - you should, as a gentleman, refrain from picking him.

That would be my take on it anyway. The basic idea, I presume, is to create pairs who actually played together in some kind of meaningful sense.

diarm

That has to be the thing, yes. In some cases there simply aren't available records that are specific enough to serve as proof. But I think anto's suggestion is a good one in terms of keeping it in accordance with the spirit of the draft: If you don't know whether your man (or the man you're linking him with) was a regular, i.e. if he was very young - or on his last legs - you should, as a gentleman, refrain from picking him.

That would be my take on it anyway. The basic idea, I presume, is to create pairs who actually played together in some kind of meaningful sense.
Yeah that makes sense. I think the issue is that for some players, say from the 20's and earlier, you're going to be pretty sure they played together but it will be difficult to find recorded proof.

I haven't safelisted anyone yet. You are starting to sound like a wolf though.
I'm not sure what this means. I was only messing with you - it's actually much handier that way.

antohan

I'm not sure what this means. I was only messing with you - it's actually much handier that way.
Never mind, I thought you were referring to my great Werewolf skills. Clearly you have no idea what that is. It's basically a game were everyone acts like a spacker, accuses everyone around him and at the end I get lynched and the wolves eat the remaining villagers.

Nothing can stop you getting lynched, not even screaming "I am Spartacus!". Right @Aldo?

antohan

You know that the drafting will be really fun when the master says this. :lol:
That's why I'm being a pain re: rule clarification, I could see Edgar flip-flopping all over the place once he got his hands dirty with it :lol:

BTW, Edgar, you haven't included the "being stuck" criteria in the OP :smirk:

Moby

Dick
Never mind, I thought you were referring to my great Werewolf skills. Clearly you have no idea what that is. It's basically a game were everyone acts like a spacker, accuses everyone around him and at the end I get lynched and the wolves eat the remaining villagers.

Nothing can stop you getting lynched, not even screaming "I am Spartacus!". Right @Aldo?
:lol::lol: That fkin game haha!

diarm

OK I've to disappear for a few hours. Does anyone want to take my pick in case Stobzilla returns in the meantime?