Chain Draft (Main Thread)

diarm

This is going to be a bloody nightmare. There is almost no method to the madness.

The first few rounds are going to be carnage, a total free for all. Then we'll be able to start watching each other, predicting somewhat which fecker can crush your dreams for a couple of rounds. But then the national card will come into play and it's no holds barred destruction from all angles again.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm just curious, but can the 'Reset' card be used strategically in some way, or is that only useful as an out to a situation where no decent link is present?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This is going to be a bloody nightmare. There is almost no method to the madness.

The first few rounds are going to be carnage, a total free for all. Then we'll be able to start watching each other, predicting somewhat which fecker can crush your dreams for a couple of rounds. But then the national card will come into play and it's no holds barred destruction from all angles again.
Awesome :D

diarm

I'm just curious, but can the 'Reset' card be used strategically in some way, or is that only useful as an out to a situation where no decent link is present?
I get the feelin that if it can be... antohan will find a way.

antohan

That's precisely why I don't like it. It's a copout. I'm actually considering getting two keepers to get out of the pickle you landed me in here! (or radically changing my plan, which I'd rather not because there is this one player I already wrote the bloody writeup for!).

It should only be allowed in a situation where there clearly aren't any options better than whatever a legacy player is supposed to be. If there are better than "good" options you should be forced to go for them, otherwise it's bullshit.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao
antohan: 1. Facchetti
MJJ:
Joga Bonito:
Stobzilla:
diarm:
green_smiley:
Cutch:
bleezy:
Sjor Bepo:
EAP:
Skizzo:
The Stain:
berbasloth4:
Kazi:
Tuppet:

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Messi, Garrincha, Maldini, Matthäus, Iniesta, Seedorf, Edwards, C. Ronaldo, Platini, Di Stefano, Maradona, Thuram, Baresi, Desailly, Pele, L. Ronaldo, Neeskens, Boniek, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Gerd Müller, Rijkaard, van Basten, Cruyff, Xavi, Puskas, Eusebio, Keane, Best, Redondo, Ronaldinho

Kazi

Can someone explain this to me please...

R3 - Players picked in reinforcements must have a club link bottom 5 of your R1 picks. i.e Picks 8 - 12 both inclusive. Standard rule for all subsequent rounds.

Reinforcement for QF: Link to last 5 of R1.
Reinforcement for SF: Link to the 2 reinforcement picked in QF + last 3 of R1.
Reinforcement for Finals: Link to the 2 reinforcement picked in SF + 2 reinforcement picked in QF + last pick of R1.

Edit: Actually, I think I get it now. Can both players you reinforce be linked to the same player. For example, you have Phil Neville as last 5 R1 pick. Can you reinforce Gary and Nicky Butt for the quarters, or do they have to be linked to different players?

Last edited:

antohan

Can someone explain this to me please...

R3 - Players picked in reinforcements must have a club link bottom 5 of your R1 picks. i.e Picks 8 - 12 both inclusive. Standard rule for all subsequent rounds.

Reinforcement for Finals: Link to the 2 reinforcement picked in SF + 2 reinforcement picked in QF + last pick of R1.
You can only reinforce by taking players linked to any one of your last five picks. It's a slide rule, a rather choppy one as your second reinforcement can't be picked on the back of a link with the first reinforcement.

It basically means your first seven picks are irrelevant as far as getting reinforcements is concerned. It's quite odd to be honest and will really screw some teams if they don't finish strongly.

Reset Card - Clarification on "being stuck"

antohan

Think we should remove the nationality card and reset card. With EAP playing, he is not going to give us good choice of players
@Edgar Allan Pillow, you need to clarify this.

Re: nationality card, I don't see what the problem would be as it's the same clearcut rule for everyone.

Re: the definition of "being stuck". IMO that should be:
  • there are no players that can be picked without breaking the A-B-C rule (i.e. everyone that can be picked also played with A)
  • players can be picked but only in a position already filled
  • there are no players that comply with ABC, in unfilled positions, which meet a standard equal or greater to whatever you define as "good"
  • as a rule of thumb, anyone who shone at an international or confederation club tournament (i.e. champion) or played at a World Cup for one of the big nations should be considered at an equivalent or higher level and must therefore be picked. Big nations are defined as countries that won a World Cup Final or reached at least two finals.
  • if a player claims to be stuck and any other manager comes up with a player who meets the previous definition they are forced to take him. Tough shit, for being sketchy.
  • Managers have up to eight hours to challenge. In the meantime, the "good"player can be assigned and drafting proceeds but there can't be a next pick until the eight hours are over.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Edgar Allan Pillow, you need to clarify this.

Re: nationality card, I don't see what the problem would be as it's the same clearcut rule for everyone.

Re: the definition of "being stuck". IMO that should be:
  • there are no players that can be picked without breaking the A-B-C rule (i.e. everyone that can be picked also played with A)
  • players can be picked but only in a position already filled
  • there are no players that comply with ABC, in unfilled positions, which meet a standard equal or greater to whatever you define as "good"
  • as a rule of thumb, anyone who shone at an international or confederation club tournament (i.e. champion) or played at a World Cup for one of the big nations should be considered at an equivalent or higher level and must therefore be picked. Big nations are defined as countries that won a World Cup Final or reached at least two finals.
  • if a player claims to be stuck and any other manager comes up with a player who meets the previous definition they are forced to take him. Tough shit, for being sketchy.
  • Managers have up to eight hours to challenge. In the meantime, the "good"player can be assigned and drafting proceeds but there can't be a next pick until the eight hours are over.
Nice. Agree. Will add to OP. Very clear!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Reinforcement Rules
R1 - Open reinforcements. i.e. not restricted to players picked in R1. Can pick new players previously not picked in this draft.
R2 - 2 reinforcement players per round.

I just realised that these rules are really going to screw me over with the direction I am planning to take with my chain. Ugh...time to revamp everything...

Skizzo

I keep making all these different chains, then realizing its somewhat infuriating to do so because there's still another 12 or so picks that could potentially just dismantle it completely and render it useless :)

MJJ

mazhar13: 1. P.R. Falcao
antohan: 1. FACCHETTI
MJJ:1. Romario
Joga Bonito:
Stobzilla:
diarm:
green_smiley:
Cutch:
bleezy:
Sjor Bepo:
EAP:
Skizzo:
The Stain:
berbasloth4:
Kazi:
Tuppet:

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Messi, Garrincha, Maldini, Matthäus, Iniesta, Seedorf, Edwards, C. Ronaldo, Platini, Di Stefano, Maradona, Thuram, Baresi, Desailly, Pele, L. Ronaldo, Neeskens, Boniek, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Gerd Müller, Rijkaard, van Basten, Cruyff, Xavi,Puskas, Eusebio, Keane, Best, Redondo & Ronaldinho

@MJJ
@Joga Bonito

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
mazhar13: 1. P. Falcao
antohan: 1. Facchetti
MJJ: 1. Romario
Joga Bonito:
Stobzilla:
diarm:
green_smiley:
Cutch:
bleezy:
Sjor Bepo:
EAP:
Skizzo:
The Stain:
berbasloth4:
Kazi:
Tuppet:

BLOCKED PLAYERS: Messi, Garrincha, Maldini, Matthäus, Iniesta, Seedorf, Edwards, C. Ronaldo, Platini, Di Stefano, Maradona, Thuram, Baresi, Desailly, Pele, L. Ronaldo, Neeskens, Boniek, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Gerd Müller, Rijkaard, van Basten, Cruyff, Xavi, Puskas, Eusebio, Keane, Best, Redondo, Ronaldinho

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i will play player for player, without creating chains before so i hope i wont end up with team full of sheeps :D

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Is there an assistant draft master who I can PM to confirm a few things, regarding a few players?

antohan

I just realised that these rules are really going to screw me over with the direction I am planning to take with my chain. Ugh...time to revamp everything...
You moron! Is that what you took away my Falcão for? :mad:

antohan

I keep making all these different chains, then realizing its somewhat infuriating to do so because there's still another 12 or so picks that could potentially just dismantle it completely and render it useless :)
Yeah, that's what I liked about going second. Make a pick and then wait for everyone to show their game before deciding where to go. I shouldn't have picked Giacinto, I can think of many more robust/safes chains I could have gone for but I just love the geezer and won't just drop him because he is suddenly a bit inconvenient.

antohan

Nice. Agree. Will add to OP. Very clear!
Just add "premier"to the continental tourno bit (i.e. European, Mitropa or Libertadores, no Conmebol's, Euro, CWC or Fairs Cup or such crap) to avoid endless confusion.

Is there an assistant draft master who I can PM to confirm a few things, regarding a few players?
I think not, I was supposed to be in that role but @Edgar Allan Pillow said he didn't need help. I guess you need to wait for him.
You clearly need one to clear shit up and dish out the "unsticking" player options.

antohan

Facchetti's a fine choice to kick off the chain with.
I can imagine so much f.a.p.ping going on... but I don't have anything anywhere near as exciting planned :lol:

It was more a case that I didn't want to risk losing him or having to find a way through him at some point.

Last edited: