Chain Draft (Main Thread)

Tuppet

Scout AM whatever, I won't be here for the matches anyway so I'll kind of be just someone to bounce ideas with and can be here to make picks if you're gone.

Anyway, PM me man lets kickass :)

Edit: Oh I just saw you're number 16 on the list. Never mind I'll play with someone else.
Just kidding, PM me mate.
Wait, whats wrong with number 16 !! I mean it sucks to be last and everything but, this kind of numerical discrimination is what we are trying to kick out of draft games. I want you to be my AM viva, don't go.

Edit: white texted .. yayy

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'd love to have an AM, but isn't the whole AM thing banned in this draft ? that's what the OP says.
You can have someone helping you. In previous drafts, there was a time when the manager stopped making decisions and waiting for AM every time. Caused huge delays. So the rule is just a technicality to emphasize managers should make the call and AM is just for back end support.

MJJ

Wait, whats wrong with number 16 !! I mean it sucks to be last and everything but, this kind of numerical discrimination is what we are trying to kick out of draft games. I want you to be my AM viva, don't go.

Edit: white texted .. yayy
16 and 1 are the best spots in this draft, with 16 edging out 1.

diarm

1. Tuppet - Messi & Garrincha
  2. mazhar13 - Maldini & Matthäus
  3. diarm - Iniesta & Seedorf
  4. Stobzilla - Edwards & C. Ronaldo
  5. Sjor Bepo - Platini & Di Stefano
  6. Skizzo - Maradona & Thuram
  7. bleezy - Baresi & Desailly
  8. EAP - Pele & L. Ronaldo
  9. Joga Bonito
  10. The Stain - Zidane & Beckenbauer
  11. Marty1968
  12. green_smiley - Rijkaard & van Basten
  13. MJJ - Cruyff & Xavi
  14. rpitroda
  15. Cutch - Keane & Best
  16. berbasloth4 - Redondo & Ronaldinho

Tuppet

You can have someone helping you. In previous drafts, there was a time when the manager stopped making decisions and waiting for AM every time. Caused huge delays. So the rule is just a technicality to emphasize managers should make the call and AM is just for back end support.
Cool, so VivaJanuzaj has officially joined team Tuppet.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seedorf blocked? That's a surprise. He would've been a brilliant pick in the chain draft though, good thinking

Annahnomoss

Yeah I think 16 and 1 are definitely the best positions here. The middle might struggle with a bit of bad luck
No clue if it is even possible yet for the ones in the middle considering how important first picks are. :lol: Can see some of the later picks just completely fecking them over by picking the two picks they absolutely needed before them. Not sure there is a possible comeback at that stage either, but that will be the challenge in the draft too. Will be really entertaining that is certain.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No clue if it is even possible yet for the ones in the middle considering how important first picks are. :lol: Can see some of the later picks just completely fecking them over by picking the two picks they absolutely needed before them. Not sure there is a possible comeback at that stage either, but that will be the challenge in the draft too. Will be really entertaining that is certain.
That's what I definitely don't like about that copout "reset card". Terrible idea. "A good player like Carrick", if you get tied up in knots you shouldn't get Carrick.

antohan

Anyhow, this is dead with the two players needed. Stick me in for Marty at 2nd, I'll just take a player I like and take it from there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Anyhow, this is dead with the two players needed. Stick me in for Marty at 2nd, I'll just take a player I like and take it from there.
So will you continue to play if someone else is interested, or will you pass your selections over to the new player?

antohan

So will you continue to play if someone else is interested, or will you pass your selections over to the new player?
Pffft... no idea, I guess I'll carry on as anyone taking over will be a bit pissed off. I have a few players I've wanted for a while so will try to get those. Completely suicidal stuff.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Pffft... no idea, I guess I'll carry on as anyone taking over will be a bit pissed off. I have a few players I've wanted for a while so will try to get those. Completely suicidal stuff.
I look forward to your choices. Your picks and teams always interest me.

Skizzo

Can drop to 15 if it makes more sense.
Make it a season at a club. It will be nigh on impossible to check 25 games or 15 or whatever it is for every player. It's already ahrd enough with the current ones. Take Di María, did he play 25 games with Mata? And Rooney? Have fun checking out every single one of his 32 shit games last season. Now imagine how hard ti will be for lesser teams/leagues in the XXth Century.
Did we decide on this?

The OP says they have to have made 20 appearances in a season...do they have to have been together? Or just both making a minimum of 20 appearances each throughout the season? Like Anto said, trying to figure out it he made x amount of appearances with the other player is gonna be near impossible for older players/teams

Skizzo

Make it a season at a club. It will be nigh on impossible to check 25 games or 15 or whatever it is for every player. It's already ahrd enough with the current ones. Take Di María, did he play 25 games with Mata? And Rooney? Have fun checking out every single one of his 32 shit games last season. Now imagine how hard ti will be for lesser teams/leagues in the XXth Century.
Did we decide on this?

The OP says they have to have made 20 appearances in a season...do they have to have been together? Or just both making a minimum of 20 appearances each throughout the season? Like Anto said, trying to figure out it he made x amount of appearances with the other player is gonna be near impossible for older players/teams

MJJ

Thanks @antohan! Though 11th place is so meh!

Did we decide on this?

Skizzo

Did we decide on this?

anus.

Skizzo

I've spent the last couple of hours completing a chained team from start to finish. I'm enjoying the feeling of looking at it now before it inevitably gets destroyed some time in the first few picks.

antohan

I've spent the last couple of hours completing a chained team from start to finish. I'm enjoying the feeling of looking at it now before it inevitably gets destroyed some time in the first few picks.
:lol:

BTW, having re-read the OP it is very clear the number of matches is for each player, not featuring together. I personally think just being in the squad should suffice, else make it 15 to remove freak incidents (e.g. I can think of one great player who joined a team, played two friendlies and buggered off). But I would take it as a guideline to what will otherwise require GameMaster analysis. We can't get too arsy about it because with older players even proving games played may be an issue, it should just be there to remove evident pisstakes.

Take a stand on it @Edgar Allan Pillow

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I will block Puskas and Zico

9. Joga Bonito
  11. Marty1968
  13. MJJ - Cruyff & Xavi
  14. Crappy - Puskas and Zico
  15. Cutch - Keane & Best

MJJ

I will block Puskas and Zico

9. Joga Bonito
  11. Marty1968
  13. MJJ - Cruyff & Xavi
  14. Crappy - Puskas and Zico
  15. Cutch - Keane & Best
It should be a crime blocking zico!

Skizzo

:lol:

BTW, having re-read the OP it is very clear the number of matches is for each player, not featuring together. I personally think just being in the squad should suffice, else make it 15 to remove freak incidents (e.g. I can think of one great player who joined a team, played two friendlies and buggered off). But I would take it as a guideline to what will otherwise require GameMaster analysis. We can't get too arsy about it because with older players even proving games played may be an issue, it should just be there to remove evident pisstakes.

Take a stand on it @Edgar Allan Pillow
Just realized that halfway through my link is a blocked player :) so much for that.