Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 4 - 11/12 October

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Napoli double this season incoming! CL and league. Nah on a serious note they look really good both in Europe and in the league. There a entertaining team to watch.

ThemanGiggsy

If Atletico lose tonight, they are basically out right? and if so they wouldn't drop into Europa either would they?

hope not, dirty wasters. cant stand that club and manager.

avgp_1

If Atletico lose tonight, they are basically out right? and if so they wouldn't drop into Europa either would they?

hope not, dirty wasters. cant stand that club and manager.
They are one of 3 teams tied on 3 points, so a draw in the other game keeps them well in the hunt as they will still get to face the other 2.

Even a result there, they still have a chance

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I’d say Bayern under Nagelsmann is much more likely than City to mess it up.
Definitely but their not the favorites City are , this bayern side is getting a bit over rated i think, they've done nothing to even be considered on the same level as City.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
They're good but it's just Ajax though. We destroyed them a couple years ago
Tbf we've brought all of Ajax best players in the last window. This Napoli did rip apart Liverpool(Although I guess that doesn't mean much this season)and are top in Serie A. I would guess City would beat them but they are far more fun to watch.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Genuinely a dark horse for the CL I think
No. Never. A dark horse for getting into quarters, maybe. Winning? Heh. We are Italian Spurs/Arsenal, so don't expect any league titles and Europe cups. Coppa Italia and applying "pressure" to big clubs (especially Juve) in the league.

About the football style - it's amazing to see that Spaletti has been able to make this team what it is. Seems like a huge breath of fresh air arrived with Mertens and Insigne leaving. Kvicha and Raspadori have been amazing (waiting for Juve to buy them for Higuain-like fee or a 6-year loan co-ownership deal or sth bizarre) and it's a statement that winning without Osimhen.

About the football itself - Sarri defined that style. That was brutally sexy football back then. That 1st half vs Real Madrid in UCL knockout stage was I think the best football I have ever seen. That time Napoli played the best football in the world. But yeah, luck turned and as we all know, you don't mess with Real in CL. Ancelotti's one was more pragmatic, then Gattuso... yeaah. But he delivered a Coppa so all good.

If we finish in CL spot and keeping Juve from qualifying to Europe, then I'm happy. Because I know we don't win these two main titles (league and Europa cups).

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Is Kvaratskhelia the next big star? The guy looks unplayable everytime I see him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If we finish in CL spot and keeping Juve from qualifying to Europe, then I'm happy. Because I know we don't win these two main titles (league and Europa cups).
Good to se you have your priorities straight. I'm still mad at you lot for 20/21 :mad:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I’d say Bayern under Nagelsmann is much more likely than City to mess it up.
We usually tend to struggle more against capable bus parkers, and Napoli doesn't exaclty do that. That's not to take away anything from them. They really look great, and will cause anyone trouble if they can pull off these oerformances in the latter stages.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I knew he was going to give it but feck all he can do about it from that close.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Another total bollocks handball decision. Absolutely twatted at him from point blank range while he's in the process of trying to tuck his arms in.

Just feck off.