Champions League QFs (11th - 19th April)

Gonçalo Motta

Its always a good day when Barcelona gets knocked out. Specially by a top class team like Juve.
I enjoy RM playing but I actually wouldn't mind Juventus win the CL this year. The way I see it, they are the only team that actually have a legit shot in knocking out Real atm

Blackwidow

Some German tabloids reporting the ref had a few beers at Real Madrid´s favourite pub after the game.

I guess if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear....

Or was it, Once your worldly reputation is in tatters, the opinion of others hardly matters...:lol:
The pub or restaurant they took is one that is just one of the best restaurant in Madrid where a lot of Atletico players etc. go to, too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well. He's right. And he's still a cnut about it. Bayern has the chance to win the trophy next year, but being a

Are you mad? Bayern ran more, they passed more, Bayern was making the plays at Madrid yesterday. On their turf. In an away game. Who the feck is playing more than spanish teams? Bayern is. Jesus Christ... the gut to come here and claim Madrid was making the plays.
Hey calm down will you?

This is an forum where anyone can express their opinions, if you didn´t try to understand what I was saying, just read well the post where I said Bayern has more reasons to complain than Madrid.

I was talking about Spanish football in general, and no, I do not believe they win more because they cheat or the referees, ok now? :D

Aza Boy

Madrid Derby in Final hopefully...only ATM can content defensively against RM.

If Barca had big fast strong CF a la CR7 and Benz, and Midfield passer a la Modric and Kross, they won't lost the game.

I never see Neymar so desperate...have to play in the wing to accomodate Suarez and Messi...but when he had the chance to pull a cross, he could only do the low one...

Barca never have a plan B as long as the stick to tiki taka blindly. In the modern era of Football, even donkey ramming CF a la Caroll or Benteke will be useful to alternate the strategy...

just my 2 cents...

And i think Monaco will be stopped at Semifinal...They tend to play high tempo only in the first half...in the second half usually they jaded...

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Madrid Derby in Final hopefully...only ATM can content defensively against RM.

If Barca had big fast strong CF a la CR7 and Benz, and Midfield passer a la Modric and Kross, they won't lost the game.

I never see Neymar so desperate...have to play in the wing to accomodate Suarez and Messi...but when he had the chance to pull a cross, he could only do the low one...

Barca never have a plan B as long as the stick to tiki taka blindly. In the modern era of Football, even donkey ramming CF a la Caroll or Benteke will be useful to alternate the strategy...

just my 2 cents...

And i think Monaco will be stopped at Semifinal...They tend to play high tempo only in the first half...in the second half usually they jaded...
That question of the second half is a no question, in the first place this is top level football, you cannot expect any team to play at the same intensity for 90 minutes, City and Dortmund also play football.

Jardim also said after they scored the 2 goals in the first half they wanted to control the game but of course Dortmund pressed them well but after 25/30 minutes they created lots of chances because Dortmund conceded lots of space.

That thing being mentioned that they don't defend and they will be slaughtered is the same thing said by the ones who said Spurs and City would beat them easily because Ligue 1 is shit.

RedDevil@84

Why was Neymar crying like that? It was a QF and not a closely fought finals. Besides they were almost out when they lost so badly in first leg. Funny that he didn't see that coming.

Abizzz

Why was Neymar crying like that? It was a QF and not a closely fought finals. Besides they were almost out when they lost so badly in first leg. Funny that he didn't see that coming.
I missed that, anybody have a Gif?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Professional display and very much composed from us tonight, exceptionally good at the back even for our own high standards, a bit too loose ahead to be honest: it's a shame for us as a very organised club Higuain costing 90m euros and not shedding those 10 kilos that make him a barrel, this may prove fatal at the very limit. Now last four and giving a good fight to anyone, we will see. I would like to mention the referee here, the real man of the match imho, he was invisible all the night as any good referee should be and very aware of the slightly manipulative surrounding approach from Barca players.
But come on how on earth do you think a player that is 10 kg overweight would be able to play in a top team and incidentally be by far its top goal scorer. Higuain has had an amazing season so far with 29 goals and 6 assists with the highest conversion percentage ratio of Serie A (he does not receive as many balls in or near the box as the other top scorers).

I read really harsh comments on his performances just because he does not have a fitness model shape. The reality is simpler he clearly suffers a bit the high stakes matches in international competition particularly in terms of finalization and needs an goal to break this pattern like it happened for Tevez.
Having said that even though he did not score he has been excellent in Turin in the hold play, ball distribution (see first goal) and defensive play, like Mandzukic even without scoring.
He needs to step up his game scoring more in CL but he has all the possibilities to do it and the problem is certainly not his weight IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveJ

Treble

Atleti may have their sweet revenge against Real if they stop them from making history by retaining the CL.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Really impressed by Monaco. Those guys score 3 Goals in every game and not only in Ligue 1. Great to watch.
It will be hard for them from now on as the remaining Teams are all very solid at the back and tend to Play Counter attacking Football but I really would like to see them win the Thing.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'd also like to see Real Madrid vs. Monaco and Juventus vs. Atletico. One would be just an outright 'who can score the most' tie, because that's all both teams know how to do (for the most-part anyway). While the other, while boring to the average fan, would be a really intriguing tactical battle. I fancy Juventus to win it at the moment, but would love Monaco to. However, at the same time I think Atletico deserve it after being consistently good for a few years now, while I'm still fond of Ronaldo and want him to get even more personal accolades.

tl;dr I don't really care who wins now, just going to enjoy the competition :lol:

Aza Boy

That question of the second half is a no question, in the first place this is top level football, you cannot expect any team to play at the same intensity for 90 minutes, City and Dortmund also play football.

Jardim also said after they scored the 2 goals in the first half they wanted to control the game but of course Dortmund pressed them well but after 25/30 minutes they created lots of chances because Dortmund conceded lots of space.

That thing being mentioned that they don't defend and they will be slaughtered is the same thing said by the ones who said Spurs and City would beat them easily because Ligue 1 is shit.
Who ever they'll meet in Semi Final will shut them down. Tactically. All other 3 teams, have combination of strong DM-smart CM/AM...2 of those other teams have incredible discipline defensive lines (Juve and ATM) and 1 team has abundant of attackers.

3 others team has experiences facing Fast tempo, 90 minutes tireless team...so just my 2 cents, it is good season for Monaco...but Semifinal is their limit...hehehehe

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We'll draw juventus in the Semis. And we'll go out, because that's what happens any time we play them over two legs

Juve-Patetico final will break reality. Juventus just don't win the CL, Patetico are "el pupas", they can't win. We'll be stuck in a 120 minutes+penalties loop for all eternity

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
I enjoyed watching Suarez diving around and whining like a baby whenever he didn't get the ball or when decisions went against him. Fortunately the referee didn't fall for their antics and was unbiased. Why was Neymar crying? It wasn't a final or a closely contested match, they got owned.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
But come on how on earth do you think a player that is 10 kg overweight would be able to play in a top team and incidentally be by far its top goal scorer. Higuain has had an amazing season so far with 29 goals and 6 assists with the highest conversion percentage ratio of Serie A (he does not receive as many balls in or near the box as the other top scorers).

I read really harsh comments on his performances just because he does not have a fitness model shape. The reality is simpler he clearly suffers a bit the high stakes matches in international competition particularly in terms of finalization and needs an goal to break this pattern like it happened for Tevez.
Having said that even though he did not score he has been excellent in Turin in the hold play, ball distribution (see first goal) and defensive play, like Mandzukic even without scoring.
He needs to step up his game scoring more in CL but he has all the possibilities to do it and the problem is certainly not his weight IMHO
he can't even run properly and CL games are decided by fine details, unfit and that's why he can't score. EDIT: point being it is so unJuveish allowing him being so out of shape and therefore a net loss in terms of efficiency from his own standards, which shows at the highest levels when really shouldn't

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Wth 2 posts :lol: good post btw

AlwaysRed66

I enjoyed watching Suarez diving around and whining like a baby whenever he didn't get the ball or when decisions went against him. Fortunately the referee didn't fall for their antics and was unbiased. Why was Neymar crying? It wasn't a final or a closely contested match, they got owned.
Agree, it was worth it just to see those two cry babies getting their just deserts. Great news seeing the cheats from Barcelona getting knocked out, even if it should have been the round before.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
he can't even run properly and CL games are decided by fine details, unfit and that's why he can't score. EDIT: point being it is so unJuveish allowing him being so out of shape and therefore a net loss in terms of efficiency from his own standards, which shows at the highest levels when really shouldn't
I disagree, if he was so unfit he would not have been able to play like he did this year especially with our type of tactics where the forwards are required to run a lot to help defensive play. Higuain has been excellent all season including the first leg with Barca. Yesterday he was less good than usual in hold play and missed a couple of chances but those chances were created thanks to his excellent movements in and outside the box. If he was unfit he would not have been able to create those chances for himself with those runs.
He has averaged over 9km run per game which is a lot for a forward and plays a lot of balls very often helping out in defence as well.
He has been the only player that has not been subs during this year so clearly Allegri does not have any doubts on his fitness.

His problem is not physical but psychological in these games I think.

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
We'll draw juventus in the Semis. And we'll go out, because that's what happens any time we play them over two legs

Juve-Patetico final will break reality. Juventus just don't win the CL, Patetico are "el pupas", they can't win. We'll be stuck in a 120 minutes+penalties loop for all eternity
UEFA won't risk breaking the space time continuum so they must face eachother before the final

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was thinking that. Gonna hear so much nonsense about Pogba making Juve worse and proof that the price tag was a ripoff and all other bollocks,
Well, he did reach the CL final with Juve in 2015 though so that's a good counter argument. The Barca team they faced was the best Barca team since 2011.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Video emerged of Vidal hitting Kroos in the face with what should of been his 3rd 4th or 5th yellow of the game

beckbeck

I just hope anyone but Madrid wins. They won it last year with an offside goal in the finals, this year everyone knows what happened already..

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I just hope anyone but Madrid wins. They won it last year with an offside goal in the finals, this year everyone knows what happened already..
They are comfortable favourites against Atleti and I can't see any team stopping them.

Atletico rely on their set pieces against Madrid but Madrid are the best aerial and set piece team in Europe. That disarms one of their more potent weapons.

The last few Classicos Madrid has dominated Atletico and should have put 4 past them in their last meeting were it not for poor finishing.

If Atleti don't get a 1-0 win away at the Santiago Bernabeu, I can't see them winning the tie.

Juventus are the only team equipped to hand Madrid but Madrids variety is too strong and they are one of the most complete team I have ever seen.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Yes, Madrid are the clear favourites to win CL again but i think Zidane is still unexperienced enough and at eventual final against Juve, Allegri would have advantage over him in tactical aspect. The Italian proved once again how flexible he become while coaching Juve and is far far away from the total noob he was at AC Milan.. I think Juve might win it this time.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I would not say Real is clear favourite, but they are. I would have preferred meeting Real in the semi rather than in the final where we historically underperform.
Given the semis I would rank the team as follows

Real 35%
Juve 30%
Atletico 25%
Monaco 10%

Monaco is not easy to play either so it is 60/40 for Juve. If I was sure that Juve could pull a performance like the one in the first leg with Barca over the next 3 games I woul put them clear favourites. But there have been too many times when we have lost CL finals against much weaker teams than I care to remember....:(