Champions League QFs (11th - 19th April)

Theonas

Scout
The more I think about it, the more I can't see Real not winning it this year. Just like last year, I didn't think they were the best team in Europe but I could see them getting helping hands when things are going wrong.....

Love to see Monaco winning it since I have enjoyed watching them all season and they would give Madrid a tough tough tie but it's hard to see how anyone can stop Madrid winning a 12th European Cup...
I think Juventus more than proved themselves to be as good as anyone in Europe if not better. They definitely do not have the individual flair of Barcelona, Real or Bayern but they more than make up for it when everything is considered. Atlético Madrid also cannot be underestimated. Think of the drive Bayern had in 2013 after the heartbreak in 2012, I see something similar with them this year especially since the league is done for them. Real were lucky last year to avoid everyone until the final, if they get Monaco in the semis, I'd make them favourite but I see them losing to both Juve and Atlético in a 2 legged tie.

ti vu

Dortmund easily despatched by Monaco. The top 3ish in France do look full of goals right now. I'd be worried facing Lyon in the Europa.

I hope Monaco go on to win the CL
Lyon is not top 3. Defending well is not really our big problem.

Atletico always shit their pants against Madrid just like Bayern. They literally have no backbone, tend to act like cowards probably due to inferiority complex
No shite. This only started when Pep took over and instilled his philosophy. Bayern used to be boogey team for Real Madrid. This past tie Bayern got done by controversy refereeing. They're not that bad in grand scheme of thing like Pep Bayern vs Ancelotti Real

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't believe so many people thought Amar was being serious with the Rooney comment.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Refreshing with some 'new' teams in the semi finals. Now I'm just hoping that anyone other than Real go on and win it.
Unfortunately it's probably gonna be Atletico-Monaco, Juve-Real semis, with another all-Madrid final (with the inevitable outcome).

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I bet Trump will be baffled what he is going on about :lol:
I give you 1/5 odds, he thinks that is the Mexian flag and that Bonucci&Chielini are Mexican druglords or Speedy Gonzales cousins.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Professional display and very much composed from us tonight, exceptionally good at the back even for our own high standards, a bit too loose ahead to be honest: it's a shame for us as a very organised club Higuain costing 90m euros and not shedding those 10 kilos that make him a barrel, this may prove fatal at the very limit. Now last four and giving a good fight to anyone, we will see. I would like to mention the referee here, the real man of the match imho, he was invisible all the night as any good referee should be and very aware of the slightly manipulative surrounding approach from Barca players.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I give you 1/5 odds, he thinks that is the Mexian flag and that Bonucci&Chielini are Mexican druglords or Speedy Gonzales cousins.
That's a good point, he will probably spot the Mexican flag and wonder who are these chaps he hasn't been briefed about. He will have the entire West Wing running around like headless chicken trying to find more on these Bonucci/Chiellini thing. NSA involved, CIA, FBI, the full works.

el3mel

The more I think about it, the more I can't see Real not winning it this year. Just like last year, I didn't think they were the best team in Europe but I could see them getting helping hands when things are going wrong.....

Love to see Monaco winning it since I have enjoyed watching them all season and they would give Madrid a tough tough tie but it's hard to see how anyone can stop Madrid winning a 12th European Cup...
If RM draw Juve in semi-finals , I can see it a very tough tie and Juve can do well against them or even knock them out. However if RM reach final I can't see them losing.

Inter Yer Nan

Atletico always shit their pants against Madrid just like Bayern. They literally have no backbone, tend to act like cowards probably due to inferiority complex
They have actually had an excellent record against Real since Copa Del Rey final 2013. Champions League they have been very unlucky against Real definitely lacking luck (last min equalizer '14, late goal after a red card '15, pens last year and Ramos offside goal). I don't think Real will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of the hurdle of Atletico again. I think both would rather not play each other.

08/04/17, 16:15 Real Madrid - Atlético Madrid 1 : 1
19/11/16, 20:45 Atlético Madrid - Real Madrid 0 : 3
27/02/16, 16:00 Real Madrid - Atlético Madrid 0 : 1
04/10/15, 20:30 Atlético Madrid - Real Madrid 1 : 1
07/02/15, 16:00 Atlético Madrid - Real Madrid 4 : 0
13/09/14, 20:00 Real Madrid - Atlético Madrid 1 : 2
02/03/14, 17:00 Atlético Madrid - Real Madrid 2 : 2
28/09/13, 22:00 Real Madrid - Atlético Madrid 0 : 1

That's league play for example. Both teams have eliminated each other from Copa Del Rey in that time and Atletico won the Super Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

beckbeck

Nice job Juve, but its not nice seeing Juve players purposely spraining Neymar's ankle with a stomp after he had a few good runs, and not even getting whistled for a foul. I always think Scandianvian refs are very naive, and today it was glaring.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Nice job Juve, but its not nice seeing Juve players purposely spraining Neymar's ankle with a stomp after he had a few good runs, and not even getting whistled for a foul. I always think Scandianvian refs are very naive, and today it was glaring.
Don't think that was intentional. I think it was Alves whose challenge was just too slow as Neymar was dribbling through the crowd. In general, though, defenders will always try to rough someone like him up. Happens to Dybala, too.

The Netherlands are not part of Scandinavia ;)

Inter Yer Nan

The cynic in me is fairly certain Semi's will be Real vs. Monaco (2nd leg in Madrid) and Juventus vs. Atletico and a third Madrid derby final.

I'd say Real, Juve, Atletico are 30% chance of victory and Monaco 10%.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Hopefully it'll be

RM v AM
Juventus v Monaco

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Just as well it was a Dutch referee in charge tonight ....

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Some German tabloids reporting the ref had a few beers at Real Madrid´s favourite pub after the game.

I guess if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear....

Or was it, Once your worldly reputation is in tatters, the opinion of others hardly matters...:lol: