Champions League QFs (11th - 19th April)

MadMike

Combine this with the penalty he gave to Bayern and the offside goal and you'll know the ref was just shit. He wasn't targeting a certain team but was a horrible referee.
The penalty and the 2nd offside were really hard decisions. The first offside and the 2nd yellow, amateur officials would have got those right

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
What a complete joke. Real Madrid's luck in this competition is something else. The fact that they have never even won the league and the CL in the same season since 1992 speaks volume.

We all know that in a penalty shootout Bayern would win because Navas isn't half the keeper Neuer is.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I can see Allegri morphing his 4-2-3-1 into a 4-4-1-1 without the ball tomorrow, with Dybala being subbed in case we are reduced to 10 men: if a CB goes off, it will be Barzagli on; if it's on the flank, it will be Lichtsteiner or Asamoah; if in the middle, it should be Marchisio on instead of Rincon this time; if it's Higuain off, I can see Mandzukic lone striker and Asamoah left back with Alex Sandro in left midfield. Allegri is smart enough to have a plan for the worst, we surely need to keep the ball and sting in order to avoid being all the time near our goal.

ravi2

1. 2nd goal for Bayern was offside (Müller )
2. Casemiro still on the pitch ?!?!!?!?!?
3. Vidal not sent off earlier ?!?!
4. Vidal's 2nd yellow card wasn't even a foul
5. offside goal
6. offside goal

Not to forget the wrong decisions in the first leg. Shocking performance of the referees overall. At this point TV replay must be used in near future.

To the game: Absolutely amazing games and performances of both teams. Proved that this matchup deserves to be considered as one of the all time classics. Grats to all Madrid fans here. ! Also respect to Boateng and Hummels for a great performance despite not being 100% fit.
Such a shame that these referee decisions will probably overshadow this game.

They really should start using video replay, I've seen too many games over the years decided by poor officiating. It's really disheartening and the real loser here is football as a sport.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Neither Atletico or Monaco/Dortmund can beat this Real. Only Juventus can.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
They really should start using video replay, I've seen too many games over the years decided by poor officiating. It's really disheartening and the real loser here is football as a sport.
Bundesliga will have video refs next season, hopefully they make a good job and UEFA will at least consider using it.

gaucho_10

Not so sure, but for me it's close that Muller's tip of his feet can be in front of Lewandolski there. Why is the grass border not even/ linear?
Even German Sky reported it was offside. I'll trust them. :D

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Best match so far in this UCL campaign and despite the bulky result it was an evenly matched game but still, overall, Real Madrid were the better team and the fact that Neuer was their best performer should be a testament for that.

In Spain Barcelona supporters are already raging about how lucky and unfair the referee was which is pure comedy after their second leg against PSG. Anyway I really couldn't care less and I'm very happy in how Real Madrid performed as a team, individually I have been very pleased with Cristiano, Marcelo and Carvajal but I think almost everyone had a good game and our substitutes and squad depth has been fantastic this season, so Zidane needs more credit for giving our academy players chances and trusting in them; they have been carrying us this season.

On a side now I'm very sure James is leaving the team, he was in the bench but when were already ahead and in extra times you could see Morata, Kovacic and even Danilo warming up. Basically everyone was getting prepared to come in in the final minutes except for James. So I can tell you now he's gonna get sold this summer.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
Been rewatching the second half + ET. Tbf both Vidal and Casemiro could easily have been sent off before the 60th minute but nothing wrong with the ref being a bit generous to not unnecessarily influence such a great game I guess... only to ruin his performance by handing out a second yellow for a perfectly fine tackle. That was abysmal on Kassai's part and pretty much the only decission he got clearly wrong tonight (The pen was soft but I thought Casemiro stamped on Robben's foot) and that influenced the rest of the game massively.

His assistants though...
They were way away from being worthy of officiating at this level of football ever again. Just how many offsides can you possibly get wrong in one game? Seriously fecked up what could have been a cracking game, though I have to admit that it was a good watch anyway.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
His assistants though...
They were way away from being worthy of officiating at this level of football ever again. Just how many offsides can you possibly get wrong in one game? Seriously fecked up what could have been a cracking game, though I have to admit that it was a good watch anyway.
I agree with you, they were probably the most inept in this game. Not only the offside goal from Ronaldo was very evident but very early on the game they had many decisions wrong like not giving a corner in a ball that was cleared by Neuer, it was quite evident and it was like if those feckers weren't even paying attention to the game.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
I agree with you, they were probably the most inept in this game. Not only the offside goal from Ronaldo was very evident but very early on the game they had many decisions wrong like not giving a corner in a ball that was cleared by Neuer, it was quite evident and it was like if those feckers weren't even paying attention to the game.
Yeah... I know Kassai gets the most abuse on Twitter right now because he was the ref in charge but I felt he was let down massively tonight.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Been rewatching the second half + ET. Tbf both Vidal and Casemiro could easily have been sent off before the 60th minute but nothing wrong with the ref being a bit generous to not unnecessarily influence such a great game I guess... only to ruin his performance by handing out a second yellow for a perfectly fine tackle. That was abysmal on Kassai's part and pretty much the only decission he got clearly wrong tonight (The pen was soft but I thought Casemiro stamped on Robben's foot) and that influenced the rest of the game massively.

His assistants though...
I don't mind when it's a close decision as the ref imo should give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team as you have to be 100% sure the attacker was offside to give it.

When it's not even a close call there shouldn't be any excuse as the linesman have the perfect view to call it by being on the sideline

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
1. 2nd goal for Bayern was offside (Müller )
2. Casemiro still on the pitch ?!?!!?!?!?
3. Vidal not sent off earlier ?!?!
4. Vidal's 2nd yellow card wasn't even a foul
5. offside goal
6. offside goal

Not to forget the wrong decisions in the first leg. Shocking performance of the referees overall. At this point TV replay must be used in near future.

To the game: Absolutely amazing games and performances of both teams. Proved that this matchup deserves to be considered as one of the all time classics. Grats to all Madrid fans here. ! Also respect to Boateng and Hummels for a great performance despite not being 100% fit.
Such a shame that these referee decisions will probably overshadow this game.
I was about to mention the first leg had absolute horrid officiating as well.

Then in this leg Vidal should of been sent off in the 48th minute when he fouled Isco across the achilles, a full 36 minutes! before his actual red card. Lewa was offside so in regulation it should of been Real Madrid going through. Luckily the football Gods were kinder to us than PSG who got fecked left, right and sideways by the refs and in the end the fair result was made. But if Vidal had made that penalty (that wasn't a pen) in the first leg we would be out of the UCL right now.

They really need video playback in the background to help these refs. If a foul should of been a yellow or not have it quickly reviewed in the background and the yellow given later on in the play if need be or rescinded. Have all goals and penalties reviewed and lets stop with all this bs.

Edit: Also quickly how fecking useless are those extra refs behind the goal line, never seen them do anything remotely right.

RedMaestro

Many bad decisions from the ref but in the end he's just human. The game is a lot faster nowadays and video replays is necessary. Sure it's going to take away a bit of the 'magic', but better than teams losing because of wrong decisions and having an entire season ruined.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
I don't mind when it's a close decision as the ref imo should give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team as you have to be 100% sure the attacker was offside to give it.

When it's not even a close call there shouldn't be any excuse as the linesman have the perfect view to call it by being on the sideline
Well there were some close calls among the wrong decissions tonight and I guess failing there can happen to the best. Real's second goal though... that decission was abysmal. Real's third was pretty close and any assistant could get that wrong but the linesman was trailling 5 yards behind the action and failed at the one job he had there... to be level with the attacking player furthest up the pitch to be able to even make a proper assessment. Things like that just should't happen at this stage of the biggest tournament in club football.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Both def yellows.... the second one is possibly worse, never gets within a foot of the ball?
Don't understand the officiating at all.

If the game is indeed too fast for the referees like so many are saying then we should have had video assistance started some 5 years back. Every other major sport does it. Cricket, Rugby, NFL, Basketball, but somehow not the biggest sport in the world. Absolute baffling.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Many bad decisions from the ref but in the end he's just human. The game is a lot faster nowadays and video replays is necessary. Sure it's going to take away a bit of the 'magic', but better than teams losing because of wrong decisions and having an entire season ruined.
That's also why CL should become a SuperLeague or sort of, imho, a la NBA: regular season, then playoffs. Eurobasket is trying the format this season and it is not bad, apart of smaller teams unable to cope with playing basically every three days at domestic and international level. Unfortunately, the new CL format from 2018 puts SuperLeague out of sight for the next five years coming.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
That's also why CL should become a SuperLeague or sort of, imho, a la NBA: regular season, then playoffs. Eurobasket is trying the format this season and it is not bad, apart of smaller teams unable to cope with playing basically every three days at domestic and international level. Unfortunately, the new CL format from 2018 puts SuperLeague out of sight for the next five years coming.
Perez campaigned hard for the Super league of Europe idea, alas was not meant to be. Would love to see a league format played with the best teams in Europe.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
If there is any justice in football, that d!ckhead Casemiro should be sent of as soon as the CL final starts and Real should have to play the entire game with 10 men while the opposing team can get away with any foul without even getting a card.

What a disgraceful team Real Madrid is. They represent everything that is wrong with football.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Not only was Ronaldo second offside but also it was handball.

The luck Madrid have is unbelievable

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
If there is any justice in football, that d!ckhead Casemiro should be sent of as soon as the CL final starts and Real should have to play the entire game with 10 men while the opposing team can get away with any foul without even getting a card.

What a disgraceful team Real Madrid is. They represent everything that is wrong with football.
Says the Barcelona fan lmfao

Need a replay of the PSG match?

gaucho_10

This game was far worse, far far worse and more biased.
As for the worst game ever, Barca - PSG nicks it for the title in close contest with Chelsea-Barca 2009. Still, the worst call in history goes to the guy who sent RVP off in 2011 for not hearing the offside whistle which is the only thing that got you back in that game.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Barça and Real are two sides of the same coin. Being biased is understandable but don't be blind.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
This game was far worse, far far worse and more biased.
Read the comments by fans from other clubs in this thread and watch the match.

We had 52 shots over both legs and 25 of those on target vs 31 and 13.

Yup we definitely got out played, especially with Vidal, who should of been sent of in the 48th minute as opposed to the 84th. Or the offside by Lewa which would of ended the match in regulation time with a win to us. Or the non-penalty Bayern got in the first leg that would of seen us out of the UCL had Vidal converted it.

Far worse and more biased you're right lmao.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Remember when Bayern players came over to Arsenal fans and taunted them? Bayern got what they deserve. Club full of c*nts that are unlikeable.

prateik

Remember when Bayern players came over to Arsenal fans and taunted them? Bayern got what they deserve. Club full of c*nts that are unlikeable.
Is that supposed to make me dislike them? It isnt working.

Blackwidow

The result of this match - Neuer went out of the stadium on crutches and will be out for the rest of the season.

Let's see what we hear the next days about Hummels, Boateng and Martinez who went off the field holding his adductors on Saturday
(they haven't told anything until now).