Champions League Quarter Finals (3rd - 11th April)

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
German club football at an all-time low. They are lucky the German national team covers it all up.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Out of interest who do you Utd boys want to win between City & Liverpool?

Me, I hope Liverpool get absolutely spanked to the back of next week and back again. (It will keep me happy while I see my team get relegated).
I'm probably one of the few who despises City even more than LFC. I hope LFC go through, because A) they'll be knocked out in the semis for sure and B) I really don't want to see City get their first European cup.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Well this night is going pretty much as expected, three european powerhouses playing nice attacking football and then there is....Bayern.

acnumber9

Ref would be as well putting a blue shirt on and dispense with the formalities.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well this night is going pretty much as expected, three european powerhouses playing nice attacking football and then there is....Bayern.
Get Vidal off and bring on James!

Oh well, finally. Vidal was doing nothing offensively and defensively. Thiago has been shit as well.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
That would had been a great goal for Kroos.

buckooo1978

Bayern are really struggling here and could lose it.....really thought they were good enough to control the game

the winner of City/Liverpool would love to get the winner of this in the semi final and you'd have to fancy them to make it to the final

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is no ref ever going to treat Real and Barca like the cheating theatrical teams they are? These players are pathetic with their rolling around.

el3mel

Everything is pointing to Madrid winning CL once again. How boring.

They can relegate in the league and they'll still challenge for CL anyway.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
You have to admire the consistency of the Real Madrid referee...

kidbob

I long for the day that we achieve the consistency in Europe of Real, Barca, Bayern and now Juve.

For a club of our stature, we've underachieved in Europe for too long. Even SAF confessed that United have too often fallen short.
Definitely, although we became very consistent overall from around 06 onwards. Our 96-02 sides should have achieved more. I've always felt that we suffered because we were too attacking minded in those years. Could have done with a Quieroz type assistant earlier on to fully unlock the European potential of that earlier side. Although we did have awful luck against Dortmund and Leverkusen, 2 ties we deserved to go through on the balance of play and then obviously the offside against Porto and losing Rooney (and the Rafa red card) against Bayern. You could even make a case that we were bettering Madrid up until the Nani red card.

Can't always blame luck though and it does seem like Bayern, Real and Barca have gotten to the point that they don't lose these type of games in Europe to anywhere near the extent that we have managed in the last 20 years or so.