Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Lyricist

Can't see why people think it wasn't a pen? The boot wasn't high at all and if that isn't given then it's a clear pen.
I also think Neuer doesn't know the rules of football. Everytime something doesn't go his way he appeals for something. Anything. He just appeals
Studs first while someone is kicking the ball from below.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
So by that logic, when you have the ball and I tackle you, because clearly you're in the way of me getting to the ball, it's you that should get penalised, for being in the way... in what league does football work like this? New Guinea?
Well, no. That's not what I meant.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Ozil is a hindrance when you need energy in the middle of the park. They would probably be better off with Welbeck in this game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Jesus, when did Bayern turn into a pack of diving bitches? It has to be something to do with Pep... they're crowding around the ref too just like they do at Barcelona. So fecking annoying to watch.
They have always been doing it. 10-15 years ago they were probably the worst for that.

Classical Mechanic

It really wasn't. Watch the gif.
If the arm is in a natural position and the ball is fired at a player from close range then it is no pen. His arms are in a natural position and he has no way of getting out of the way from that range.

Are you telling me that players move around the pitch with their arms flat by their sides all the time?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Never should have been a penalty call against Lew. I think the ref is right on not giving one for the handball. hand straight down at the side, not in an unnatural position, fairly close to the guy who kicked the ball.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So close by Costa, few more inches and it would have been out of stadium.

montpelier

The Bayern players are saying Kos had his foot high - which he didn't really. And then he gets kicked. I can see why it got given, tbh.

Sanchez is a bellend though, isn't it?

cyberman

Studs first while someone is kicking the ball from below.
Yes but studs well away from the player, it wasnt a dangerous tackle, he didn't even touch Lewa and it's not as if Lewa was in control of the ball. It was there to be won and he took too long to clear it

Ainu

The ref in Madrid doesn't seem to like Napoli very much. Mertens gets clattered to the ground by two Real players, let's Madrid play on. Half a minute later a Napoli player executes an inch perfect tackle on the ball, yellow card.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If the arm is in a natural position and the ball is fired at a player from close range then it is no pen. His arms are in a natural position and he has no way of getting out of the way from that range.

Are you telling me that players move around the pitch with their arms flat by their sides all the time?
Exactly. I can't tell you how many times I have seen similar plays and never get called pens.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Entertaining first half at Bernabéu. Madrid have a good attitude and got back quick after the unexpected mistake of Navas.Benzema looks very active.
James can do a bit more although he is not playing bad.He can have many defects but his control and touch with the left foot is really elegant.
Cristiano had a very good chance for the 2-1