Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Wayne's World

You could see the second leg being very much like this one

I'd give Monaco a decent chance of beating City....they are capable of scoring 3-4 past them at home

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Too bad a few too many mistakes from Monaco deprived them of a great result.

IFC 1905

I don't think I've ever seen a better game than that! Don't really care who goes through but just want a similar second leg. The Monaco manager deserves a lot of blame though. Really should have shut up shop at 3-2.
The game was fun...but just that. Fun. Both defenses been terrible.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fair play to City for coming back but it was a complete collapse by Monaco.

City still look shaky as hell. If they progress someone like Madrid can maul them.
Not a chance in hell that they'll win it.
If they did, which they won't, wonder if the scruffy no shows would make an appearance and boo the anthem?

Ainu

Cracking game, soured by a terrible Monaco collapse at the end (from our perspective at least). I'm looking forward to the return which should be great, but I'm not holding out much hope for Monaco. That was one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen at this level and certainly one of the worst collapses as well. Tactically naive. You could point to other games with worse scores but most of those still had better defending. Monaco were just gifting goal after goal here, not even attempting to prevent them anymore. It's not acceptable for professional footballers at this level.

prarek

Monaco of Ligue 1 giving us the worst French defensive collapse since 1940.
Could be worse. They could be Arsenal or Barcelona. They'd love to be in Monaco's position with 3 away goals.

wr8_utd

:'(
The game was fun...but just that. Fun. Both defenses been terrible.
I watch football for entertainment and not for a tactical masterclass. This was the most fun I've had watching a football great in absolute ages. Yes it was shambolic defending but it was also two brilliant attacks.

Ban

Not a chance in hell that they'll win it.
If they did, which they won't, wonder if the scruffy no shows would make an appearance and boo the anthem?
Win the CL?
No chance. In any case Pep will get stopped in the semis like every year. Except Barca years of course. :)

Thiim

The City announcer needs to get a public lynching. He sounds like a total moron the way he's milking every single word. Just announce it like everyone else. It doesn't get anymore exciting by trying to add "passion" by screaming like an adolescent 14-year old boy.

The game was enjoyable; however I'm not sure how Monaco managed to choke that badly in the end.

City have spent 50m on a defender who can't defend, which is always funny.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think I've ever seen a better game than that! Don't really care who goes through but just want a similar second leg. The Monaco manager deserves a lot of blame though. Really should have shut up shop at 3-2.
It wasn't that good was it? Think Dortmund taking City apart under Klopp was better, as were the Barcelona - United group phase games in '98-'99. And probably a...few hundred others.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
One of the best games I can remember watching in recent times. Absolutely fantastic, glad I decided to watch it.

Nero

I found nothing enjoyable about that to be honest. There is nothing enjoyable about City winning a CL knockout game.

wr8_utd

It wasn't that good was it? Think Dortmund taking City apart under Klopp was better, as were the Barcelona - United group phase games in '98-'99. And probably a...few hundred others.
I haven't seen the games in 98-99. I've not seen two such quality attacks playing this well in the same game in ages so it was one of the best matches I've watched in a long long time.

IFC 1905

I watch football for entertainment and not for a tactical masterclass. This was the most fun I've had watching a football great in absolute ages. Yes it was shambolic defending but it was also two brilliant attacks.
I understand your point. In the end it depends on each one's point of view. I do appreciate tactical masterclasses and not shambolic defenses to consider a good game.

But it was as fun as a game can be.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This was a great game. Far from over yet, Monaco can beat them by two or more at home.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Where are the cl highlights being shown tonight btw? Had a look on both TV guide and bt sport and can't find them?

wr8_utd

This was a great game. Far from over yet, Monaco can beat them by two or more at home.
I think they could score 5 in the same leg but their defense and keeper are every bit as bad as City's so they'll probably concede another 4.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bayern/Juve 2nd leg last season was better.
That was a great game too. One of Italy's game under Conte in the Euros was fantastic. This was a very entertaining game tonight. A lot of sloppy defending and some great phases of attacking play. But nothing stellar IMV.

Loublaze

ATLien
City getting ahead of themselves here with all the celebrations. Would be brilliant to see Monaco simply win 2-0 at home and knock them the feck out. Calm down you weirdos.
Or 3-1, 4-2. They just need drop that butter fingers goalie and tighten up at the back. Stones and Otamendi are dogshit

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jardim's lack of sub at 3-3 really hurt Monaco. Surprised by him.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Annoying result. Monaco don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet in the return leg. Early prediction is 2-2.

Devil may care

City were lucky that they came up agaisnt a team even shittier at defending than them, it was a very entertaining game but laughable at times.

Skizzo

Someone explain why this isn't offside?
Why would it be offside? Silva passed the ball to Aguero, who was onside. Aguero then passed the ball to Sane, who was behind Aguero, so was onside.
Which part of it should be offside?
Im pretty sure that should still be offside.

Mane is technically in an offside position because there's only the keeper between him and the goal. It doesn't matter if he's behind Aguero, because Aguero plays the ball forward, not backwards.