g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
29 goals in 6 CL matches of this round...
Remember when the Champions league was full of quality teams that would lock horns and shut each other out over two legs?

Bayern's decimation of Barca followed by Real's decimation of Bayern a rat later was a tactical watershed in Europe.

Ixion

Im pretty sure that should still be offside.

Mane is technically in an offside position because there's only the keeper between him and the goal. It doesn't matter if he's behind Aguero, because Aguero plays the ball forward, not backwards.
It does matter that he is behind Aguero, you can only be offside if you're ahead of the player making the pass.

salford_

Think both sides, whichever goes through, exit tournament at next round anyway. Neither can defend for toffee, and john stones is an embarrassing example of a CB

Have any of the Bluemoon tarts called the ref a rag yet? Or had a moan and whinge about various pundits not agreeing with them? I still cannot get my head round the fact that the users over there are grown adults. Behaving like petty kids, unreal

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City

Mane is technically in an offside position because there's only the keeper between him and the goal. It doesn't matter if he's behind Aguero, because Aguero plays the ball forward, not backwards.
Embarrassing !

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Re read the rules

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think Monaco have blown it. I can't see them winning by two clear goals. City on that showing, will be out in the next round.

salford_

Monaco will score out there, so will City. I cant call it at 5-3... 3-3 id have absolutely fancied Monaco. I could see both sides going through, and then out at the next round

salford_

I think Monaco have blown it. I can't see them winning by two clear goals. City on that showing, will be out in the next round.
Defo. City are a level below Juventus, Bayern, Madrid. PSG i dont think will win it either. Bayern v Real or Juve for me in final

salford_

I have tried, but i just do not rate Sterling either, said it before. I just think hes meh. If i was Pep id be replacing him in the summer, if i could get a world class winger, in a heartbeat

Skizzo

Sorry but it is basics.
It's like asking why a boxer doesn't just knee him in the balls.
Like I said, it was completely my mistake for forgetting one of the nuances of the rule, I wasn't taking issue with that. It's unnecessarily cnuty responses that made me laugh :)

The only reason I mentioned it is because a ref screwed me for that very reason in a game a few weeks ago, and he was adamant I was in the wrong. Turns out I shouldn't have believed him after all!

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
That could have gone either way, but in the end fitness played its part. Monaco looked absolutely goosed in the last 20 minutes and it cost them a great result. I just read somebody talking about the pace of Monaco and using it as a slant against the power we talk about in the premier league, but it's the physicallity of the PL that makes it different, and I thought the difference in fitness levels were evident after an end to end game.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Let's do away with defenders, make football 7-a-side and just have games like that all the time.

Ridiculous from both sides and the referee. I need a lie down.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I have tried, but i just do not rate Sterling either, said it before. I just think hes meh. If i was Pep id be replacing him in the summer, if i could get a world class winger, in a heartbeat
Last thing I'd do as Pep is sell Sterling. Sane and Sterling have both been excellent, and at 21 and 22, will likely stay on the flanks during Peps entire tenure.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
City were lucky that they came up agaisnt a team even shittier at defending than them, it was a very entertaining game but laughable at times.
Pretty much this. I hope we don't see too many games like that even though it is entertaining if it happens from time to time. I do like to see goals but if I watch CL knockout games I'd like to see more quality than this. It's a bit embarassing to watch.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
As an Italian I am pretty a limited football brain and only can see 0-0 1-0 1-1 ... what happened? :devil:

bucky

Easy to forget how young and inexperienced this Monaco team is. Most of them should learn from this. However I was really disappointed by Sidibe, thought he'd do a bit better than that.

Devil may care

Easy to forget how young and inexperienced this Monaco team is. Most of them should learn from this. However I was really disappointed by Sidibe, thought he'd do a bit better than that.
Yeah, I was saying to my Dad that a lot of them are under 25 in that side and haven't got much CL experience, their heads went after City's 4th. Sidibie was fine in attack but was playing like he was on ice defensively at times.

bucky

Yeah, I was saying to my Dad that a lot of them are under 25 in that side and haven't got much CL experience, their heads went after City's 4th. Sidibie was fine in attack but was playing like he was on ice defensively at times.
Just saw the second half unfortunately and it looked like one of his worst games I've seen.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Raheem's a funny sort of player. He's not as bad as some would have you believe and he's having a great season but he's far from being the finished article.

Take tonight: he gets in the right position for his goal and stays onside when it was very hard to do so, fantastic; plays that great ball through to Aguero for the second, a constant threat when he has the ball. His stats speak for themselves as well - that's 9 goals and 14 assists in 33 appearances.

But in little moments you still see the work he has to do to truly reach his potential. He can't strike it that well yet and probably never will, he can't trap a ball if it's coming at him in the air or at any sort of speed, and every once in a while when he needs to flick it on or just keep it tight it'll bobble away from him and he'll lose it.

But the fact is he's 22 and has more than enough time to correct these sorts of mistakes. The same goes for Stones who looked a little lost tonight at times, but he's also a young lad playing in the biggest game of his life (his first CL knockout tie remember). Only time will tell with either of them but Sterling's certainly showing promise right now.

salford_

Raheem's a funny sort of player. He's not as bad as some would have you believe and he's having a great season but he's far from being the finished article.

Take tonight: he gets in the right position for his goal and stays onside when it was very hard to do so, fantastic; plays that great ball through to Aguero for the second, a constant threat when he has the ball. His stats speak for themselves as well - that's 9 goals and 14 assists in 33 appearances.

But in little moments you still see the work he has to do to truly reach his potential. He can't strike it that well yet and probably never will, he can't trap a ball if it's coming at him in the air or at any sort of speed, and every once in a while when he needs to flick it on or just keep it tight it'll bobble away from him and he'll lose it.

But the fact is he's 22 and has more than enough time to correct these sorts of mistakes. The same goes for Stones who looked a little lost tonight at times, but he's also a young lad playing in the biggest game of his life (his first CL knockout tie remember). Only time will tell with either of them but Sterling's certainly showing promise right now.
Stones is one you should replace though. I think, albeit the player rejected it, you would have been more solid with Laporte. Tonight was another in a long line of your fans not happy with Stones, and the money paid. I think if hed cost say 10-15m, it wouldn't appear so bad.