Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

namco

Pretty much is mate
I'm not talking about the league i'm talking about the CL competition. There have been numerous times over the years where the best team have not gone on to win the competition. Liverpool v Milan as an example. Another is our tie with Real. We were bossing the OT tie until the horrendous decision against Nani completely turned the game.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Course we would mate, but I'm talking about the home game and 0-0 at home isn't as good as 5-3 is it? That said, we could easily lose by 3 or 4 goals over there as Monaco are deadly going forward
With 5-3 you basically struck gold yesterday, Guardiola as a coach can't be happy with such performance and it is not his first rollercoaster in his CL career. Point is: how do you protect your weak defence more? Possibly a 4-3-3 with Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho in the middle?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'm not talking about the league i'm talking about the CL competition. There have been numerous times over the years where the best team have not gone on to win the competition. Liverpool v Milan as an example. Another is our tie with Real. We were bossing the OT tie until the horrendous decision against Nani completely turned the game.
12 years ago? That's your evidence?

namco

@MI8TCD

Your obsession with children is becoming worrying. I am not prepubescent & i will not come to watch a City game with you.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
@MI8TCD

Your obsession with children is becoming worrying. I am not prepubescent & i will not come to watch a City game with you.
Damn, and there was me thinking there was a chance of converting you

Thunderhead

Supports
City
With 5-3 you basically struck gold yesterday, Guardiola as a coach can't be happy with such performance and it is not his first rollercoaster in his CL career. Point is: how do you protect your weak defence more? Possibly a 4-3-3 with Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho in the middle?
Get Kompany back in, and hope he can hold out for 90 mins, wouldn't play Fernando as he's too slow and I could see him being sent off within 10 mins for 2 clumsy tackles.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I don't disagree with that. The only point I was making was from the point of view of a fan, few fans of any club would come away from a game like that and not feel entertained. Of course, just trying to outscore the opposition can never be a long-term strategy but it's fair to say that with regards to just this game, their defence was arguably worse than ours.

namco

12 years ago? That's your evidence?
Are you being pedantic here? Out tie against Real was Saf's last year in charge. I'm only making the point that there are many variables in cup competition. It's much easier to get lucky over 3 0r 4 games than over 30 games.

As it is City are 6th favourites to win the CL. It's not inconceivable that if circumstances go their way they could win the competition. Would you really say that if the did win it they are then a better team than the likes of Bayern, Barca Real etc etc.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ok let's set my benchmarks for tonight games

Porto-Juve:
- calamity
- Porto 2-0, 3-1 tragedy
- Porto 1-0 or 0-0 sh*t
- 1-1 level
- good

Sevilla-Leicester:
- Ciao Claudio
- Sevilla 2-0, 3-1 dead man walking
- Sevilla 1-0 or 0-0 more time or not?
- 1-1 Claudio safe
- Dilly ding

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Leicester line-up looks barmy for a European away game. Logic dictates they should get destroyed here.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Spent the afternoon here in Porto playing football with a few Juve fans on the beach. Based on that experience, Juve fans are awesome so I want them to win the whole thing now

André Silva's diving has gone international. Nice to see it's not only our refs that fall for it

Enigma_87

You know who
I'd love it if Leicester win the damn thing and get relegated the same season :lol: