Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
can someone biologically explain why city and pool players are able to sprint much more than their colleagues?
Genes?
Yesterday at least 5 city players covered more than 12km. Wonder how many pool players are gonna do it today.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
can someone biologically explain why city and pool players are able to sprint much more than their colleagues?
Is this reflected in distance covered stats?

Could be a case of simply wanting it more.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
TAA is dreadful defensively. He’s great going forward but he’s always the target for opposition teams and with good reason.

Even as I type, Villarreal break after slack defensive play by TAA. So poor.

RopersReturn

I’m
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is something very un-natural about the fitness level of Liverpool players. This and having no injuries bar one or two is abnormal
Pretty sure they must do random dope tests in the PL, then again I’ve never heard of anyone testing positive for banned performance enhancing substances, except in Italy.

PoTMS

he’s suspect defensively, that’s why Southgate doesn’t like him, I think.

Unreal going forward though and so important to Liverpool’s set up. In terms of Right backs who are most important to their team, he’s the best in the world, but if you put him in another team with a different approach (us for example) I think he’d look quite poor
I would play him as RWB with Walker as RCB.

TheLiverBird

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is something very un-natural about the fitness level of Liverpool players. This and having no injuries bar one or two is abnormal
Squad depth

Good fitness coaching and management

Good attitude

and abit of luck because multiple injuries can hit any team at one time

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
They really don’t. They play very effective football and it obviously works. But a lot of it is just getting it out wide and crossing it or long balls . As I say though, very effective and they’re a very very good team. The bastards
[/QUOTE
They really don’t. They play very effective football and it obviously works. But a lot of it is just getting it out wide and crossing it or long balls . As I say though, very effective and they’re a very very good team. The bastards
And high press and extreme tempo. Dont think you find better fotball in todays game beside maybe City. All though City on an rare off day is very boring

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I hate Liverpool with every inch of my body. And absolutely everything is going their way this season, the cnuts.
They'd be at this stage of the comp regardless, but their path to the final is going to be one of the easiest anyone's had in recent years.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
TAA needs to be in that England first XI come the World Cup. He's too good not to start.
England don't play like the Dippers which exposes his defensive skills. He is a great player but James is more rounded.

RedC

It is honestly baffling how fit the Liverpool players are.

VivaRonaldo85

Liverpool having their way with them. This stinks.
Now resting players for the weekend with 110 minutes of a CL semi final to go. That’s how easy this is for them. How the feck have A) Villarreal got this far and B) do Liverpool always seem to draw these teams?!

Guy Incognito

Yes, they have a system and it works. Last season they had a dip but always felt Klopp could squeeze one more title out of this squad.

They'll have their bad moments though.

RopersReturn

Yawn, watching teams get pulled to pieces by Liverpool and City is the equivalent of having to endure Steven Hendry & Steve Davis clean up in the snooker 30yrs ago

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Safe to say the Spanish teams have gone awful. Athletico Madrid having 0 shots at city and likewise for villareal against these scousers!

Stretfordender786

Our treble season about to be topped. We’ll have nothing left to shove in rival fans faces anymore
Now resting players for the weekend with 110 minutes of a CL semi final to go. That’s how easy this is for them. How the feck have A) Villarreal got this far and B) do Liverpool always seem to draw these teams?!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Safe to say the Spanish teams have gone awful. Athletico Madrid having 0 shots at city and likewise for villareal against these scousers!
Yet we still make them look like they're playing in their prime. I would honestly expect us to struggle against the bottom of La Liga. Absolute liability against those sides.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Villarreal shouldn't be playing a CL semis to start with. It is a miracle that Bayern aren't there.

PoTMS

Yet we still make them look like they're playing in their prime. I would honestly expect us to struggle against the bottom of La Liga. Absolute liability against those sides.
I wouldn't use us as a metric in terms of strength of our respective leagues. I'd wager we'd get beat by half the Championship in our current guise.